Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

E-Visa system being introduced for Thailand

davidge

Just got an email saying my visa has been approved 

:Dance1::ThumbUp6:

• Like 3

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

3 minutes ago, davidge said:

Congrats. Still got 3 month to  go and confident I'll to ground Nov 15th for 4-5 month of social antropologi studies in soi Pot Hole 

20220814_092806.jpg

5 minutes ago, Kandinski said:

Congrats. Still got 3 month to  go and confident I'll to ground Nov 15th for 4-5 month of social antropologi studies in soi Pot Hole 

I don’t arrive until 14 November either but wanted to get things sorted as I’ve got a lot to do here for a while.

50 minutes ago, davidge said:

I don’t arrive until 14 November either but wanted to get things sorted as I’ve got a lot to do here for a while.

Same here, arrive late November but my application is handled by the embassy to country I'm not citizen in which add, iaw the embassy's website, another 4-5 weeks. Trust we'll pass each other in soi Buakhao  and never know🥺

23 hours ago, Kandinski said:

That part didn't caused any problems,   Chonburi/Bang Lamung aso was no issue. 

Visa application was part of my job before I entered the golden league and absolutely familiar with a (logical) application process.

In my case I can't find anywhere to upload proof of accommodation, only two slots asking for proff of permanent residency. Would assume there would be no difference in the application form regardless where one applies but being Thailand wouldn't surprise me:P

After a number of mail with the embassy I finally got confirmation there are, at least on the form linked to my application, no dedicated slot to upload proof of accomodation but has to be merged with other files and upload in a random slot, WTF!

Last 2 mail with embassy copied in below, pretty sure the local officer told his or hers colleagues ...
falang think to much :P

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can just combine the proof of accommodation file with the other file and upload that to one of the sections.

Best regards,
Local officer at the Visa section

Royal Thai Embassy, Oslo
https://oslo.thaiembassy.org/

To: "ภารกิจการตรวจลงตรา สอท. ณ กรุงออสโล"
Sent: Monday, September 5, 2022 12:56:24 PM
Subject: Re: Question; Proof of accomodation, O-visa

I am applying for a non immigrant O visa for (retirement) and proof of accommodation is one of the supporting documents.

My problem is I cannot find anywhere on the e-visa application form where to upload rental contact and the youtube manuals dont offer any help. 

Will you be able to guide me where to upload?

Does the ticket out of thailand have to be withing 60 days for TR? Or would within 90 be okay because of extension?

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

1 hour ago, stacksreg123 said:

Does the ticket out of thailand have to be withing 60 days for TR? Or would within 90 be okay because of extension?

I think that can depend on the Embassy you are dealing with. I have heard a few people say they’ve been rejected because their flights were for longer than the permitted stay.

It’s not a direct parallel as it’s a different visa, but my flights are for 92 days and RTE London gave me the 90-day Non O visa without questioning it.

• Like 2

On 07/09/2022 at 11:49, davidge said:

I think that can depend on the Embassy you are dealing with. I have heard a few people say they’ve been rejected because their flights were for longer than the permitted stay.

It’s not a direct parallel as it’s a different visa, but my flights are for 92 days and RTE London gave me the 90-day Non O visa without questioning it.

Will have to keep fingers crossed, I'm thinking of applying for the O visa in favour of O-A but my flight is booked for mid November till May so over the 90 day stay allowed, my defence will be I'm leaving Thailand before that 90 day period if up but clearly will be using an agent to extend/convert.

May be i will apply sooner than later to avoid any refusal of the visa, I've had an O (2015) and O-A (2018) previously so hoping they can see that, not that it will make any difference.

52 minutes ago, spider0064 said:

Will have to keep fingers crossed, I'm thinking of applying for the O visa in favour of O-A but my flight is booked for mid November till May so over the 90 day stay allowed, my defence will be I'm leaving Thailand before that 90 day period if up but clearly will be using an agent to extend/convert.

May be i will apply sooner than later to avoid any refusal of the visa, I've had an O (2015) and O-A (2018) previously so hoping they can see that, not that it will make any difference.

They didn’t question my flights (though it was only 2 days over). If they do question it with you then you can buy a flight to a nearby country for about £40. May even be able to book one you can cancel.

1 hour ago, spider0064 said:

My flight is booked for 5.5 months, got the Non O with no problem. I'll rent an early outward flight in case immigration ask for it.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, davidge said:

They didn’t question my flights (though it was only 2 days over). If they do question it with you then you can buy a flight to a nearby country for about £40. May even be able to book one you can cancel.

6 hours ago, penboy said:

My flight is booked for 5.5 months, got the Non O with no problem. I'll rent an early outward flight in case immigration ask for it.

Thanks guys

For once (positive) surprised over a Thai web based system and the embassy's efficiency.

Application for my O-visa ( Non-immigrant – retirment) was submitted around noon today; confirmation of approval received 15:29.
Happy start on week-end (and the count down) :Clap:

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

My trip is in mid Nov, I have booked 4 nights of hotel so far, is that good enough to apply for e-visa or do I need to supply rest of the hotel booking info?

On 04/09/2022 at 10:05, davidge said:

How long did it take them to approve your visa?  I'm going on two weeks now without hearing form them in Los Angeles.

Just now, Roadglide said:

How long did it take them to approve your visa?  I'm going on two weeks now without hearing form them in Los Angeles.

3 days. London are known to be one of the better ones. 2 weeks does seem slow.

Deleted, found the answer!

Edited by THguypattaya

What's the difference between 4 and 8 for the supporting documents? Just upload flight e-ticket for both or what?

4 . Travel booking confirmation 

8 . A copy of flight confirmation/reservation (The name of the applicant must be indicated clearly)

(After submitting the application, if wrong documents were uploaded or info entered incorrectly, will they email and let us know to correct those? Or will they just disapprove the application?)

Edited by THguypattaya

32 minutes ago, THguypattaya said:

What's the difference between 4 and 8 for the supporting documents? Just upload flight e-ticket for both or what?

4 . Travel booking confirmation 

8 . A copy of flight confirmation/reservation (The name of the applicant must be indicated clearly)

(After submitting the application, if wrong documents were uploaded or info entered incorrectly, will they email and let us know to correct those? Or will they just disapprove the application?)

Looks like the same to me. If they are not happy, they should clarify what they do want. Even though they say that the fee is not refundable, just give it a go and see what happens. In my experience the people issuing the visa are not as anal as the people who designed the system.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, penboy said:

Looks like the same to me. If they are not happy, they should clarify what they do want. Even though they say that the fee is not refundable, just give it a go and see what happens. In my experience the people issuing the visa are not as anal as the people who designed the system.

Yeah thanks, I am just going to submit it, about to pay right now.

And to answer my own question, yeah if there is a mistake in the application, they will email you to correct it.

Ok all done, pretty sure 4, and 8 are the same thing heh.

I noticed before you make the payment there is a Reference No. LAX001-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx, after you make the payment that number changed, and it's called "Request number" but it's also the same format "LAX001-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx" I was freaked out a little when I saw the numbers are different, was it the same for you guys as well?

And in the receipt there is another number that's also very similar  with the same format LAX001-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx, and it's called Receipt LAX001-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx.

3 numbers and they are all very similar to each other heh, but they are all different numbers.

Those two videos are pretty good and helpful about the Evisa.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rvVApBmEEk

Edited by THguypattaya

Just know that LAX is not as quick as some of the other locations.  I submitted my application on the 5th and have not heard anything from them yet.

• Like 2

Just got a reply today the 18th, mind you I applied on the 5th. 

Dear Applicant, 

The passport's date of issue entered in the e-visa system does not match the date in your passport (incorrect day). We are unable to edit personal information entered in the e-visa system by the applicant. Therefore you need to reapply for the Thai visa. When reapplying, please include the copy of your itinerary showing the your name and flight information (dates, flights, airports, etc.). No screenshots. For more information, contact the Visa Section via e-mail at

What is BS here is that I KNOW I didn’t make the error, but there is NO way you can look or double check your application once you submit it, and they will not refund your application fee….fucking tempted to file a dispute with my bank. 

Edited by Roadglide

In my e-ticket, there is no space between my first and middle name, (So George Walker Bush in the e-ticket showed up as "Bush, GeorgeWalker Mr.", wonder if this will be a problem. Korean Air when I booked it, I noticed the error, corrected it and after "enter" on the page and it's still the same error!)

3 hours ago, Roadglide said:

Just got a reply today the 18th, mind you I applied on the 5th. 

Dear Applicant, 

The passport's date of issue entered in the e-visa system does not match the date in your passport (incorrect day). We are unable to edit personal information entered in the e-visa system by the applicant. Therefore you need to reapply for the Thai visa. When reapplying, please include the copy of your itinerary showing the your name and flight information (dates, flights, airports, etc.). No screens

hots. For more information, contact the Visa Section via e-mail at

What is BS here is that I KNOW I didn’t make the error, but there is NO way you can look or double check your application once you submit it, and they will not refund your application fee….fucking tempted to file a dispute with my bank. 

Sorry to hear that, the page and system seems pretty shitty, hard to navigate, some questions I found irrelevant. They really need to improve that!

On 17/10/2022 at 16:31, Roadglide said:

Just know that LAX is not as quick as some of the other locations.  I submitted my application on the 5th and have not heard anything from them yet.

Was it the same for the others as well?!  In here I searched for "los angeles" and "lax" and not much came up, but in my processing page nothing changed yet!

Edited by THguypattaya

I went for the 60 days family route and am very computer literate (it was my job before I retired) and work on a desktop. The system seems robust , it never fell over or seemed to have bugs unlike earlier iterations. That said as other have what a PITA ! Probably took me at least 4 hours in total gathering documents and merging documents to create a unitary jpeg as you an only upload one document per item and making sure they were the under the limit. I suppose the big upside is I don't need to visit the RTA (or risk my passport in the post) and it won't take a whole page of my passport with the visa sticker and that in future having done it once it will be much easier next time. Submitted it on the 20th and showing still processing. For techie phobes I have no idea how they will navigate this e-quagmire though. Slightly worried that it is a 60 day visa but my return flight is showing 89 days and my proof of residence questions I took to be entitlement to residence as evidenced by a British passport - so submitted that twice. That said finances (a savings account bank statement) and passport show my current address so I'm hoping some innate intelligence is exercised by the bod who has to examine and press the final button. 

Edited by bsand