Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Best Fish & Chips in Pattaya

onlyonetwo

21 hours ago, baggy67 said:

I had fish and chips at Robin Hood Tavern the other night and it was probably the worst meal I've had all year. Everything, the fish, chips, mushy peas had all seem to be reheated in a microwave from cold.If you can't make a chip you are in trouble.The Lurpak butter was decent.

I guess at least the Lurpak butter did have a fish taste as in Denmark fish meal is used as manure on Danish pastures.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎31‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 18:00, baggy67 said:

I had fish and chips at Robin Hood Tavern the other night and it was probably the worst meal I've had all year. Everything, the fish, chips, mushy peas had all seem to be reheated in a microwave from cold.If you can't make a chip you are in trouble.The Lurpak butter was decent.

Thanks for the warning, place is going downhill rapid.

• Like 1

On 11/01/2019 at 12:19, jimboh said:

Sometimes go there for the Sunday buffet lunch, anyone any idea if that has gone down hill too.   Maybe next time I will have to have a walk around and see what is on offer before I eat.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

12 minutes ago, udontony said:

Sometimes go there for the Sunday buffet lunch, anyone any idea if that has gone down hill too.   Maybe next time I will have to have a walk around and see what is on offer before I eat.

The roast at Robin Hood is OK except for the beef which is very tough. The Sportsman has a better roast lunch but more expensive at about 450 baht IIRC. The best deal for brunch 8am till 2pm is Casa Pascal at 260 for the buffet and they will cook bacon and eggs, omelette, etc to order. They have good coffee, 260 baht all in but no roast. The cod fish and chips is quite good at the Retox place on soi Honey. A good buffet brunch is the Mexican at Beefeaters for 395 baht. 

Edited by Kahoy
  • Like 1

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATE0YzYwLWU2YTktODI5Zi0wMAItMDAKAEYAAANPyec2y6MtT5MkZcX3osSmBwD9u0zga9rzQpR9U9TY8kaLAAACAQwAAAD9u0zga9rzQpR9U9TY8kaLAAIpJR%2FnAAAAARIAEAAQkL1MIikOTpJyIu3BmSHc&thumbnailType=2&owa=outlook.live.com&scriptVer=2019010702.06&isc=1&X-OWA-CANARY=2dmm_wgva0SmeIZ4abVHjyCouH3XeNYYAGEy-YEKH2EGOKiIFPTeeHvYcB8_av4e66N47wEQFDE.&token=eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsImtpZCI6IjA2MDBGOUY2NzQ2MjA3MzdFNzM0MDRFMjg3QzQ1QTgxOENCN0NFQjgiLCJ4NXQiOiJCZ0Q1OW5SaUJ6Zm5OQVRpaDhSYWdZeTN6cmciLCJ0eXAiOiJKV1QifQ.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.sDOBdlOvWAXUfhBaaPZJZq3WM1OoFcosBfYDXkWvUWiyy89hDEY0nZjdB6EDG0XK-FPVMvsOnbSd7_pUbUC91mxb6nQwZbTo57wlDM_kZeGgwizVl4De_2kF98sgM9LfGgttV3xPEghp7bc-HT6somp4urfGmb59UtEvgBM5IHzJKXojF9t8tTY3eNxqdhbrmcCcREHNr_COhKjakMjvIFNb5K7iEJZO_IqfJhcXbE-e2mD9Plor2MUR6LEmQj-qkr2DrFN0Zl9e8jic3Ty7L4xdQSwCZLvP6gioBqBPjsLu7gfOUPbYoFPYHlPUUyC1NC9u8trgeMFIdjr6YLeY7A&animation=true

I had the Cod at Retox game on last Friday, 249Baht and glad to report, was good. I think last time I went, a few months ago, their Friday special was Haddock and was very good.

Will try someplace different for next Friday F&C treat, maybe back to Simon in Jomtiem, not been there for a few years, was always good.

3 minutes ago, jimboh said:

Will try someplace different for next Friday F&C treat, maybe back to Simon in Jomtiem, not been there for a few years, was always good.

I’ll be interested to hear what it’s like if you do go there. It was awful in July. Reheated chips, over cooked on outside but undercooked inside, and average fish with chewy batter.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

7 hours ago, Kahoy said:

The roast at Robin Hood is OK except for the beef which is very tough. The Sportsman has a better roast lunch but more expensive at about 450 baht IIRC. The best deal for brunch 8am till 2pm is Casa Pascal at 260 for the buffet and they will cook bacon and eggs, omelette, etc to order. They have good coffee, 260 baht all in but no roast. The cod fish and chips is quite good at the Retox place on soi Honey. A good buffet brunch is the Mexican at Beefeaters for 395 baht. 

Tried all the above over the years and found that they all vary a bit in quality from time to time, guess it just depends on the chef.   Sportsmans is good but expensive for me, the old one on Soi 6 was my favourite of all of them, sadly long gone now.    Casa Pascal is really good when I need a big breakfast, great variety of food there and not too expensive for what you get.   Robin Hood last time I was there was OK, beef was good , the lamb was really good, only thing I did not like was poor selection of veg.   My two favourite fish and chip places have both closed down or are under new management in the last year, now on lookout for a replacement.

• Like 2

On 11/01/2019 at 05:19, jimboh said:

Post on social media today that Robin Hood charged a customer 30 baht to charge his mobile .... WTF?

Edited by Taa_Saparot

14 hours ago, jimboh said:

Maybe give it a miss then.

I was hoping you’d be a guinea pig to see if it’s picked up again :GoldenSmile1:

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATE0YzYwLWU2YTktODI5Zi0wMAItMDAKAEYAAANPyec2y6MtT5MkZcX3osSmBwD9u0zga9rzQpR9U9TY8kaLAAACAQwAAAD9u0zga9rzQpR9U9TY8kaLAAIsL2ozAAAAARIAEAD2CsC8KwfBQ7pEBFczLi0J&thumbnailType=2&owa=outlook.live.com&scriptVer=2019011401.09&isc=1&X-OWA-CANARY=bomXIqBGpE2E0GC01YlKUODb9AVAfdYY1ByWGL7rtkd0fW7NiofKGx25Sbx_5igNWyOxZZS4jmk.&token=eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsImtpZCI6IjA2MDBGOUY2NzQ2MjA3MzdFNzM0MDRFMjg3QzQ1QTgxOENCN0NFQjgiLCJ4NXQiOiJCZ0Q1OW5SaUJ6Zm5OQVRpaDhSYWdZeTN6cmciLCJ0eXAiOiJKV1QifQ.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.IRYCGnOJlbpByy6dKl43dMDwwdgnhdS4k7K2FJCBvMXo6WX3cUuBWxRDWFiFbkMNUTrf0zlwqiSoAO0Ezfh_NkgiFyL1fRVmumDQZdx3y9MGC2Q-YlvhXoK3ocDokNJUjaIbIXGyfiuiUUvjCchYg72GzOigDFXjw68Zkl-EL1yVV_gUJKwmqhpYhCYHiUzpyFGDSOJJgx8474n9YhJbn-wd85YbLxsdUBAY71rUHVj7QtY74UqP3vlOZWxw2gqlGMKW-G9Qqc9IywnsbKNt7mHvsMNIaLdesqYlX_BSFMJZUeEvKnkUYlyhkASdAvYY777VMVLk-XCO10mGzCDDxQ&animation=true

Had my weekly F&C at The Loft, out on Darkside, by the lake.

I ordered daily special, Cod & chips and missus ordered Thai food.

Must have waited half an hour when waitress rocked up at our table with a F&C, looked at our bill and went away with the F&C back out to kitchen. Another waitress then went to another table, took the Thai dish and gave it to my missus. Then the lady at the table she took the Thai food from came over to our table with a bowl of rice. After a few minutes later, waitress came back with the F&C and said to my wife that she took away the F&C initially because I said nothing when she rocked up with F&C. What a shambles.

Must say, F&C was good, a tad oily, came with those boring garden peas and some bread. Home made chips.

But the service totally shambolic, and place was not busy. Surprising because I noticed a manager, English guy, who worked in another establishment recently and is a switched on guy.

Cod was 195 on daily special. And her Thai food was very sweat and only warm.

Edited by jimboh

And forgot to mention, missus Thai dish, veg with oyster sauce, was 140Baht and another 30Baht for steamed rice, bit of a rip off.

On ‎18‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 20:39, jimboh said:

Cod was 195 on daily special. And her Thai food was very sweat and only warm.

Thanks , I'll avoid the place. I hate sweaty food too

Ding Ding ...... Please remember to like and subscribe.

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/01/2019 at 05:31, Scuba+ said:

A little plug for a popular greasy spoon type place (Market Place) on Soi New Plaza, on the left coming from Soi Buakhao, about half the way down before bars. A decent fish and chips for 159 baht includes Tea or coffee and bread4fe7b2cf76325139eb06a670f9a1da8f.jpg

What's with this "beef" they keep highlighting?

Is it beef or is it mystery meat?

"I don't live in a castle. Just a very big house (with a moat)."

What's with this "beef" they keep highlighting?
Is it beef or is it mystery meat?
i had it today, probably just highlighted because beef isn't common here where as pork is

Took this thread on advisement and visited Retox Game On last Friday. I thought the portions would be smaller so I also ordered a bowl of tomato soup for starters. Huge bowl of soup, large bagette cut in half was a meal in itself. The decent sized fillet of fish was done right and the chips crisp, tasty and more than enough. Couldn't find space to finish my pint or my mushy peas.

Fish and chips par excellence!

"I don't live in a castle. Just a very big house (with a moat)."

• 1 month later...

I have found that my favorite fish and chips is at seaside restaurant on chaiaypoon it is on the left hand side across from Amon massage. But then again I might not be the best fish and chip judge but I enjoy them there a lot 

RT 

I only go in there for 'McShite'...:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

Went to Welcome Inn on Soi Khao Noi last Friday for my weekly F & C. Had the haddock and chips, was 280B and glad to report, all good. They also do cod and chips at 260B, which I will try soon.

Have to say, while I do like to try different places, I always end up back at Retox game on, it has by far, the best F & C in Pattaya.

2 hours ago, jimboh said:

Have to say, while I do like to try different places, I always end up back at Retox game on, it has by far, the best F & C in Pattaya.

I prefer Nickys on Soi Buakhao for their Haddock & Chips which is 225 baht on Fridays.

Was in the Jolly Friar a couple of weeks ago for the first time in two or three trips...was excellent, very good quality cod fillet prepared perfectly in batter and easily the best chips that I've had in Pattaya (actually more like wedges) fresh,  hand cut and very tasty. Don't wait more than 10 mins for it to be brought out either. They also have proper malt vinegar which is a must for me.

4 hours ago, PR1977 said:

Was in the Jolly Friar a couple of weeks ago for the first time in two or three trips...was excellent, very good quality cod fillet prepared perfectly in batter and easily the best chips that I've had in Pattaya (actually more like wedges) fresh,  hand cut and very tasty. Don't wait more than 10 mins for it to be brought out either. They also have proper malt vinegar which is a must for me.

I stopped going there after the last price hike.

But I do miss their option of breaded as well as battered.