Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Best Fish & Chips in Pattaya

onlyonetwo

22 hours ago, davidge said:

Stopped having the breakfast as I’m not too keen on the sausages now.

I don't know what's going on with the sausages in Pattaya. A few places used to serve a decent English style sausage. Now everyone seems to serve those skinless frozen sausages with the inside looking like it's made from paste rather than being stuffed with real sausage meat. Similar to Asda Smartprice sausages in the UK. Tasteless.

On 30/08/2017 at 16:14, onlyonetwo said:

I find The Jolly Friar (in Soi Lengkee) does great fish and chips at a very reasonable price. About 100 meters up Soi Lengkee (from Soi Buakhow end) on the left. Enjoy!

post-809-0-22543000-1485344182.jpg

Arrived there tonight at around 1830 to try their fish and chips and at first was not exactly welcomed.  Eventually was asked "You OK???!!!".  Issue solved a bit later when waitress pointed at a trashed table behind me.

So if you are one of the two guys who spewed on their table early evening, then you are a cunt.

1232566846_jollyfriarspew.thumb.jpg.250531d88dc52cf3e4b36b0201e2442f.jpg

The last time that happened to me was in Broome, where I was once again almost refused service because previous customers had spewed everywhere.  That was in the late 1970's.  Hasn't the world grown up a little???

Mentioned sadness to waitress at what had happened on leaving and she said "Babies!!!"

Well you fucking babies, suggest you grow up...

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, petemoss said:

Yes the fish is perfectly rectangular, frozen and tasteless.

Sounds like a good square meal to me.

I did my own little research before and after extensive attempts at finding the best f&c i ended up with 2, in my opinion the others were mediocre, although the stall outside pulse on lk is not too shabby but since her aussie 'husband' left it's gone a bit awry ...tinnies in jomtien and p32 (old pooks) were great f&c but the latter is gone so tinnies is on the top of my list..yes, a bit out of the way but well worth the trip..beer battered dory or flake with frozen crinckle cut chips done just right and a proper serve of fresh salad, Micheal the owner and his mrs run a great little pie shop and the menu is growing. They do deliver but i dare say the fish would probably turn a bit soggy after a while in a styro box.

Alan.

Edited by English rose

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

14 hours ago, petemoss said:

Yes the fish is perfectly rectangular, frozen and tasteless.

So you expect to get fresh cod in Thailand?

On 01/07/2019 at 21:38, petemoss said:

And if you order cod or haddock you will get low quality frozen cod or haddock. Never had a decent piece of fish in Thailand. I never order it now.

In my opinion the cod and haddock that is frozen at sea is as good as any fresh caught fish and it is impossible to get fresh in Thailamd as far as I know.   Have eaten fish in UK all my life before coming to live in Thailand, used to catch my own cod for many years.  Last week I had haddock at Nickys and it was as good as you can get, big piece of well cooked fish and that was on the Friday special menu.

• Like 4

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

8 hours ago, Pheat said:

So you expect to get fresh cod in Thailand?

No i expect to get frozen cod in Thailand, which is why I don't eat it.

59 minutes ago, petemoss said:

No i expect to get frozen cod in Thailand, which is why I don't eat it.

You are missing out on some good food.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

On 02/07/2019 at 15:08, petemoss said:

I don't know what's going on with the sausages in Pattaya. A few places used to serve a decent English style sausage. Now everyone seems to serve those skinless frozen sausages with the inside looking like it's made from paste rather than being stuffed with real sausage meat. Similar to Asda Smartprice sausages in the UK. Tasteless.

Swan in soi yamoto does great bangers, proper Cumberland jobs.... lovely

On 02/07/2019 at 21:21, Barhop said:

Arrived there tonight at around 1830 to try their fish and chips and at first was not exactly welcomed.  Eventually was asked "You OK???!!!".  Issue solved a bit later when waitress pointed at a trashed table behind me.

So if you are one of the two guys who spewed on their table early evening, then you are a cunt.

1232566846_jollyfriarspew.thumb.jpg.250531d88dc52cf3e4b36b0201e2442f.jpg

The last time that happened to me was in Broome, where I was once again almost refused service because previous customers had spewed everywhere.  That was in the late 1970's.  Hasn't the world grown up a little???

Mentioned sadness to waitress at what had happened on leaving and she said "Babies!!!"

Well you fucking babies, suggest you grow up...

You can always turn around and walk out. You're going off of 2 year old info lol

23 minutes ago, zonnk said:

You can always turn around and walk out. You're going off of 2 year old info lol

What are you talking about dickhead...that is my pic...

• Haha 3

People get sick. I'd expect the staff to clean it up, rather than leave it there for hours as an example to point out why they are miserable/in a bad mood.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, rope-a-dope said:

People get sick. I'd expect the staff to clean it up, rather than leave it there for hours as an example to point out why they are miserable/in a bad mood.

I wasn't sure if it was a baby that was sick? ...thats what the waitress said, anyway

4 hours ago, jimboh said:

Had F & C at Retox Game on yesterday, still excellent.

My go to place for fish and chips.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Is Frydays in Soi New Plaza still open?

Just now, Tigers2017 said:

Is Frydays in Soi New Plaza still open?

yes, but now opens 16.00 hrs instead of 14.00

292934626_3june006(Custom).JPG.1165bdd518fc7f8ae441800b8a788cad.JPG

Edited by striderman

My weekly treat this week took me to Robin Hood at Avenue. was not too busy at around 8 at night, guess that stairs would put a lot of folk off.

Was reasonably priced at 245B, nice place, service a bit whacky, tarter was good and always a bonus to get lemon instead of lime. Both the cod and chips were good, cod on the small side.

The big letdown was the mushy peas, way too watery.

Missus had Thai food, said it was OK.

thumbnail_IMG_8579[1].jpg

• Sad 3

19 minutes ago, jimboh said:

My weekly treat this week took me to Robin Hood at Avenue. was not too busy at around 8 at night, guess that stairs would put a lot of folk off.

Was reasonably priced at 245B, nice place, service a bit whacky, tarter was good and always a bonus to get lemon instead of lime. Both the cod and chips were good, cod on the small side.

The big letdown was the mushy peas, way too watery.

Missus had Thai food, said it was OK.

thumbnail_IMG_8579[1].jpg

Looks shite compared to the Retox game on. 299 Baht special 

• Like 3

TGIF treat took me to Maggs for my weekly F & C.

Located on Thepprasit, been a favorite of mine for nearly 15 years, and has recently changed owner, as Val & John have retired. Glad to report that it seems to have been a seamless transition, retained friendly staff and menu seems to have most of the old favorites. 

Cod was excellent, in a home made batter, nice and crispy, hand cut chips good and peas-would have preferred mushy peas. Cant remember price but pretty sure it was under 300B.

F and C thumbnail_IMG_8631.jpg

16 minutes ago, jimboh said:

TGIF treat took me to Maggs for my weekly F & C.

Located on Thepprasit, been a favorite of mine for nearly 15 years, and has recently changed owner, as Val & John have retired. Glad to report that it seems to have been a seamless transition, retained friendly staff and menu seems to have most of the old favorites. 

Cod was excellent, in a home made batter, nice and crispy, hand cut chips good and peas-would have preferred mushy peas. Cant remember price but pretty sure it was under 300B.

F and C thumbnail_IMG_8631.jpg

If they are going to stack the chips I'd want them neater than that.

*OCD twitch*

Retox fish & chips. My two mates @Madzar & @40bahtbaghdadi attempted it. I of course did my bit and helped!

700g Cod + chips + peas  599B

7BCBE4BE-EEF6-4F92-87A7-4D7024AF12DE.jpeg

4E72DD48-B8CC-4A2C-B7FE-BFEEFAAFA8AE.jpeg

Edited by chirockr

14 hours ago, thinkingallowed said:

If they are going to stack the chips I'd want them neater than that.

*OCD twitch*

I took 2 chips off the top before photo

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jimboh said:

I took 2 chips off the top before photo

I'm calmer now, thanks.

16 hours ago, chirockr said:

Retox fish & chips.

i have always found retox good value and price , never had a bad meal yet 

• Like 2