IGNORED

Best Fish & Chips in Pattaya

onlyonetwo

21 hours ago, petermik said:

Andy the owner has hired a boat and is currently trawling the area around Koh Khood so he can put the freshest fish on your plates tomorrow OK?

LIAM...........

21 hours ago, striderman said:

the original owner was called Liam

he still is

21 hours ago, petermik said:

Changed hands a few weeks back :GrinNod1:

sorry chaps I,ve suffered a "senior moment" it is owned by LIAM (six foot plus shaven headed scottish guy) how I called him Andy I do not know....was only speaking to Liam the other night in Katesiree not a chap you forget easily but I managed it.......:WhoSaw1:

9 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

I thought Liam was English, not Scottish?

Irish

• Like 1

Just now, chookyargyll said:

Irish

i thought his accent was irish but it's been a while

On 05/06/2019 at 13:15, striderman said:

the original owner was called Liam

On 05/06/2019 at 13:23, petermik said:

Changed hands a few weeks back :GrinNod1:

On 06/06/2019 at 07:07, Taa_Saparot said:

I thought Liam was English, not Scottish?

OK chaps just to update you regarding FRYDAY New Plaza......Liam has sold up (few weeks back) and as reported gone back to Ireland for family reasons.....the new owner is Ian a very tall shaven headed scotsman (nice chap at that) who works in the oil industry when he,s not in Patts.....he,s left the running of the place to the staff (Thai) that Liam trained up.....I got this info from a good fiend and New Plaza bar owner who knows both Liam and Ian.....how it pans out for Ian is anyones guess :ThumbUp6:

• 4 weeks later...

i say the best fish and chips in pattaya is pig&whistle, they serve quite a big portion , reasonable price and mushy peas are great.

• Haha 3

Just now, Mightygary said:

i say the best fish and chips in pattaya is pig&whistle, they serve quite a big portion , reasonable price and mushy peas are great.

Assuming you’re talking about the one on Soi 7 then it’s closed down.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Just now, davidge said:

Assuming you’re talking about the one on Soi 7 then it’s closed down.

yeah, its a shame , i think they are doing good business there , its always packed every time i go, theres another one down in jomtien apparently ,  might go give it a try, hope the food's quality are same.

4 minutes ago, Mightygary said:

yeah, its a shame , i think they are doing good business there , its always packed every time i go, theres another one down in Jomtien apparently ,  might go give it a try, hope the food's quality are same.

I go to the one in Jomtien regularly. Different owners to Soi 7 for a while. I’ve always found it to be consistently ok. Can’t speak for the fish & chips as I refuse to eat anything that’s just called ‘fish’ in Pattaya as it’s most likely to be farmed crap fed antibiotics and all sorts of other stuff. Only order if it specifies cod or haddock.

• Like 2

A speak out (not a shout out) for that stall opposite Sugar Sugar and in front of the climax bar.

not great fish and chips but more than decent and at 130 (without mushy peas) good fun.

All the servers are hot but one in a good way.

2 minutes ago, davidge said:

I go to the one in Jomtien regularly. Different owners to Soi 7 for a while. I’ve always found it to be consistently ok. Can’t speak for the fish & chips as I refuse to eat anything that’s just called ‘fish’ in Pattaya as it’s most likely to be farmed crap fed antibiotics and all sorts of other stuff. Only order if it specifies cod or haddock.

what is the best meal you get there, i just wanted your opinoin as im gonna try it when i go there, always had fish and chip in P&W nothing else, is the portion big in every dish?

12 minutes ago, Mightygary said:

yeah, its a shame , i think they are doing good business there , its always packed every time i go

The last time the P&W was Packed was back in 2007 .’

3 minutes ago, davidge said:

I refuse to eat anything that’s just called ‘fish’ in Pattaya as it’s most likely to be farmed crap fed antibiotics and all sorts of other stuff. Only order if it specifies cod or haddock.

And if you order cod or haddock you will get low quality frozen cod or haddock. Never had a decent piece of fish in Thailand. I never order it now.

1 minute ago, Pheat said:

The last time the P&W was Packed was back in 2007 .’

That probably also the last time anywhere in pattaya is packed

Just now, petemoss said:

And if you order cod or haddock you will get low quality frozen cod or haddock. Never had a decent piece of fish in Thailand. I never order it now.

Retox game on Soi honey does a cracking haddock and chips Friday special 299 Baht best in Pattaya.

That probably also the last time anywhere in pattaya is packed

Was in KINK Saturday night the place was rammed standing room only .

Just now, Pheat said:

Retox game on Soi honey does a cracking haddock and chips Friday special 299 Baht best in Pattaya.

alright mate ill go give it a try,  is the portion big?

alright mate ill go give it a try,  is the portion big?

Yep big enough if you are a greedy f@cker a large 700 gram portion is available.

14 minutes ago, Mightygary said:

what is the best meal you get there, i just wanted your opinoin as im gonna try it when i go there, always had fish and chip in P&W nothing else, is the portion big in every dish?

I find most portions in there big. I can’t finish the gammon, always too much for me. I honestly find pretty much everything I have there fine. I often have whatever’s the daily special as it’s a bit cheaper. Eg Roast beef (or pork I think) on a Sunday. Stewed steak is one of my regulars, or the gammon. Stopped having the breakfast as I’m not too keen on the sausages now.

Edit. From last year:

3B9D290C-8D03-4706-A44A-9E6D598DD84D.jpeg801D586D-A5DF-43C2-B27B-02287C3EDF4A.jpegAD0749F6-6930-4912-8520-62A92B39BF5D.jpeg

(gammon also comes with an egg but I didn’t want it)

Anyway, better get back on topic now :P

Simon’s around the corner from the P&W used to be my favourite but it was dreadful last year so I’ll be looking for somewhere else next trip.

2 hours ago, petemoss said:

Never had a decent piece of fish in Thailand. I never order it now.

The Haddock at Nickys on a Friday.

• Like 2

In Jomtien Hemingways Bar, by the arch, does a good cod and chips, with mushy peas and bread & butter. 

I did eat at Fish and chips at Kiss Food / second road and the next day to Terminal 21 food  court. The one of T21 food court was better and of course 9x cheaper.
The one of Kiss Food was too cooked (so too dry / tasteless ) and had fishbones.
T21 food court had no fishbones and perfect cooking (very tender /tasty).

21 minutes ago, paluskof said:

I did eat at Fish and chips at Kiss Food / second road and the next day to Terminal 21 food  court. The one of T21 food court was better and of course 9x cheaper.
The one of Kiss Food was too cooked (so too dry / tasteless ) and had fishbones.
T21 food court had no fishbones and perfect cooking (very tender /tasty).

In short Kiss food is a bit shit and not as cheap as you think. Other news just in, man invents the wheel.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Pheat said:

Yes the fish is perfectly rectangular, frozen and tasteless.