IGNORED

Best Fish & Chips in Pattaya

onlyonetwo

4 minutes ago, b0b said:

Exactly 295 baht with a choice of garden peas or mushy peas and a smile of the waitresses.

Yes, the waitresses there smiled at me when they got my order wrong.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

On ‎29‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 00:17, Farmer1 said:

It's £13 for cod n chips at the Magpie cafe in Whitby. This is the place where tv chefs, actors, rock stars and politicians book tables whilst the rest of us queue for 2 hours to get in at this time of year.

Staggered past the queues quite a few times over the years lol.

On ‎29‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 00:27, PBear66 said:

Your getting the eyes sucked out the back of your head.

There is only so much you can do with fresh cod, fresh chips, batter and beef dripping.

I pay £6 for a haddock or cod supper in NI and i guarantee its as good as the magpie cafe.

I would avoid anywhere tv chefs went. 

On ‎31‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 11:56, udontony said:

Used to go to the Magpie several times a year in the past but never had to queue too long for what I rate as the best fish meals anywhere in UK.   Used to go and queue for a while before they opened, get in on the first sitting or we went about an hour after they had opened and usually loads of people finished eating, queue went down very quick.   Magpie is one of the things that I miss most living in Thailand.

I’d never queue, let alone book, at restaurants.

Thank you.

Had the haddock and chips with mushy peas special (299Baht)from Retox Game On ,last Friday was spot on the best F/C I have had in Pattaya and I have tried most offerings.

Beats the crap out of the fish slime battered crap served up in most Pattaya restaurants as fish.

On 8/31/2018 at 11:48, udontony said:

Yorkshire fish and chips.   Now charge 190 baht for cod and chips.  The cod was really nice and well

cooked, the chips were home made and the best chips I have had anywhere in Thailand.   They really do deserve more custom, have walked by several times and not seen customers there all week.    

revised opening times too

5ba11fac74b03_18sept028(Custom).JPG.44dd9c7c5b55c1fb5eb141d5fc4c9019.JPG

• 1 month later...

Tried them (lone customer) last night, chose the Medium-size portion (B250) rather than the Small-size (B190), from their (currently) very-limited menu.

Ample portion of chips, even for a fatty like me, and a tasty 5-inch square portion of cod, all properly cooked.

It shows that they're new to the game, that my B50-change was presented as one B50-note, rather than two B20s and a B10 (to make it easier to leave them something extra) ...  but of course I left the sweet & chatty young waitress a tip, still.

Apparently the 'big boss' is home in Yorkshire right now, but due back shortly,  there's scope to expand the menu then  ...  any Yorkshire chippy I ever saw had pies & sausages & fish-cakes on-the-menu too.

But high-season is approaching, hope they improve their menu & customers pick up by the end of it, going purely by the quality offered they do deserve to succeed, I'll certainly visit again myself.  Recommended to try !

• Like 3

I try to eat as much Thai food as possible on my trips and the biggest problem for me is the variation on "spiciness" even "mei phet" often has little effect so sometimes I revert back to western if I am going home alone.

Fish and chip wise this is normally from the cart near the entrance to LKM off Soi Baukhao as it is near where I stay.

14 hours ago, geezerrb said:

Fish and chip wise this is normally from the cart near the entrance to LKM off Soi Baukhao as it is near where I stay.

Excellent F&C for just 130 baht :ThumbUp6:

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30358869

Call for action to halt farmers’ use of antibiotics for fish, prawn stocks as drug-resistance fears grow

nationalNovember 19, 2018 18:00

By The Nation 

Some farmers sprinkle antibiotic medicine onto their fish and prawn stocks that are kept inside floating baskets either in enclosed ponds or natural waterways, a practice that poses the dual threat of drug resistance in consumers and environmental pollution, experts at Chulalongkorn University said on Monday.

Such misuse of antibiotics in the fishery sector has been reported from various areas in Thailand, including their use in floating baskets in rivers, said Niyada Kiatying-Angsulee, manager of the university’s Drug System Monitoring and Development Centre.

She urged the authorities to check and stop such antibiotic-medicine misuse, which was done to prevent disease among aquaculture-farmed animals, according to some farmers. 

“It is worrying because studies have showed that there would be 10 million drug resistance-related [human] deaths per year in Thailand in the next three decades if nothing concrete is done to curb this issue now,” Niyada explained. 

In related news, Public Health Ministry permanent secretary Dr Sukhum Kanchanapimai on Monday confirmed that he had already assigned the Food and Drug Administration and the Medical Sciences Department of the ministry to join with respective provincial health offices to check on orange orchards’ reported use of the antibiotic amoxicillin to treat citrus greening disease, following the Drug System Monitoring and Development Centre’s report of such misuse late last week.

“The drug-resistance issue is a national matter that must be dealt with [by acting on all aspects] together," Sukhum said.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Does 10 million deaths in Thailand per year number seem high? I mean the populations of Thailand is about 70 million, so the whole country is going to disappear in a few years?

The article said 10 million in the next 3 decades, which is 30 years ! 

Thats still nearly 350,000 average a year., a very high number.  Perhaps the TAT people did the numbers for them

• 1 month later...
On 18/09/2018 at 22:54, striderman said:

revised opening times too

5ba11fac74b03_18sept028(Custom).JPG.44dd9c7c5b55c1fb5eb141d5fc4c9019.JPG

cross this one off the list. out of business and cleared as of last weekend. it never did much trade and the chunky monkey opposite was the final nail in the coffin

3 hours ago, striderman said:

cross this one off the list. out of business and cleared as of last weekend. it never did much trade and the chunky monkey opposite was the final nail in the coffin

Thats a pity, the fish and chips there were really good.

• Like 1

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

On 26/12/2018 at 17:38, udontony said:

Thats a pity, the fish and chips there were really good.

it's had it's chips.............

366796628_28dec014(Custom).JPG.f84d76b6752ccf5ec71cc3361ca3d462.JPG

Just now, striderman said:

it's had it's chips.............

366796628_28dec014(Custom).JPG.f84d76b6752ccf5ec71cc3361ca3d462.JPG

If on your travels around Pattaya you see they have tried to open up somewhere else, please let me know.  The lady that worked there, her uncle made fish and chips for me in UK many years ago so I know where the skill came from.

Just now, udontony said:

If on your travels around Pattaya you see they have tried to open up somewhere else, please let me know.  The lady that worked there, her uncle made fish and chips for me in UK many years ago so I know where the skill came from.

there is nothing on the structure to indicate they have moved to another location

Just now, striderman said:

there is nothing on the structure to indicate they have moved to another location

Thanks for that, but as I am sure you know any forward planning like that would not happen,  just if you happen to see them start anywhere else.

59 minutes ago, udontony said:

Pity their F&C was good but a terrible location imo a stall near soi diana would have a chance to succeed. 

5 hours ago, bullseye said:

Cant beat Retox game on for fish and chips.

The Friday haddock/chips special  from Game On is definitely one of the best F/C I have eaten in Thailand over many years.

On 26/12/2018 at 06:22, striderman said:

They have left their sign behind, if anyone wants it.

I had fish and chips at Robin Hood Tavern the other night and it was probably the worst meal I've had all year. Everything, the fish, chips, mushy peas had all seem to be reheated in a microwave from cold.If you can't make a chip you are in trouble.The Lurpak butter was decent.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, baggy67 said:

I had fish and chips at Robin Hood Tavern the other night and it was probably the worst meal I've had all year. Everything, the fish, chips, mushy peas had all seem to be reheated in a microwave from cold.If you can't make a chip you are in trouble.The Lurpak butter was decent.

Yep used to be decent .

But the Last time I had the F/C from RH same issues

The chips were hot in the middle and cold on the outside555

15 hours ago, baggy67 said:

I had fish and chips at Robin Hood Tavern the other night and it was probably the worst meal I've had all year. 

Same here.

A little plug for a popular greasy spoon type place (Market Place) on Soi New Plaza, on the left coming from Soi Buakhao, about half the way down before bars. A decent fish and chips for 159 baht includes Tea or coffee and bread4fe7b2cf76325139eb06a670f9a1da8f.jpg

Just now, Scuba+ said:

A little plug for a popular greasy spoon type place (Market Place) on Soi New Plaza, on the left coming from Soi Buakhao, about half the way down before bars. A decent fish and chips for 159 baht includes Tea or coffee and bread4fe7b2cf76325139eb06a670f9a1da8f.jpg

Good honest food, I like this place alot.

• Like 2