IGNORED

Best Fish & Chips in Pattaya

onlyonetwo

I find The Jolly Friar (in Soi Lengkee) does great fish and chips at a very reasonable price. About 100 meters up Soi Lengkee (from Soi Buakhow end) on the left. Enjoy!

post-809-0-22543000-1485344182.jpg

About Cod I agree.

20170422_165702.thumb.jpg.3857df7507db96add27c748faf813e82.jpg

About 'fish' ?

16 minutes ago, Crushed said:

Those chips look like huge home fried potatoes.  I'm sure they taste good.  I like a  place off Soi 7 next to Blue Whale guesthouse myself.

Seaside.....their chips are good but the fish is breadcrumbed Pangassius and the peas are garden.

If on Darkside, both Tropical and Murphy's are good.

Jomtiem, Simons fish and chip.

Pattaya, as stated, Jolly Friar, Retox game on.

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

What is the price?

The one in the photo was a Medium Cod with chips 245 Baht....with Peas and Water comes to 304 I think.

Large size add 80 Baht.

The 'Dory' is cheap as chips....dunno but so it should be.  

Edited by Edge
  • Like 2

Pig and whistle does good fish and chips,well the one in jomtien still does so i assume the soi7 one will as well,always full when i`ve had their serving!

The one in the photo was a Medium Cod with chips 245 Baht....with Peas and Water comes to 304 I think.
Large size add 80 Baht.
The 'Dory' is cheap as chips....dunno but so it should be.  
My local west end chip shop in Glasgow does perfect fish and chips and a can for equiv 200 baht. This is one reason i try to avoid farang restaurants, prices are too high baring in mind we are in Thailand.

Not sure if she is still there but on my last trip earlier in the year there was a stall in middle of LK Metro (Soi Buakhao and) that did late night fish and chips - certainly tasted good after a load of beer !!

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

My local west end chip shop in Glasgow does perfect fish and chips and a can for equiv 200 baht. This is one reason i try to avoid farang restaurants, prices are too high baring in mind we are in Thailand.

Yes it's a long way to bring Atlantic Cod 555

Edit - Of course the best F&C in Scotland is more likely (or used to be) Haddock, but I haven't seen that here since Goose's folded.

If you can eat the mushy tasteless farmed Pangassius catfish from the Mekong delta most of them sell as Dory or 'Fish' then of course it's much cheaper than 200 Baht.

Edited by Edge

Well I have never had good fish and chips. But I have never had fish and chips in the UK either and the few times I tried it was pretty fuckin Bad..
So yea if someone that knows his fish and chips can vouche for a spot they do it proper I will make sure to give it a try on my coming trip.
Looking forward to it.

D

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

6 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

There is that thank fuck its fryday place in Soi Plaza

Yes if you're talking about "Everyday is Fryday", its good and the price is right.

In New Plaza on the left side going up from 2nd Rd.

I have also gotten good fish and chips at Robins Nest on their Friday and Saturday special.

LeoTex

• Like 3

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

That photo Edge posted looks pretty damn good. I walk by this place many times but never stopped, I'll have to change that this trip.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LeoTex said:

Yes if you're talking about "Everyday is Fryday", its good and the price is right.

Also for sale, I think.

5 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Also for sale, I think.

Yes, Soi 7 started a topic on that.

The owner wants to get out of the business and spend time with his family.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

8 hours ago, stacksreg123 said:

Well I have never had good fish and chips. But I have never had fish and chips in the UK either and the few times I tried it was pretty fuckin Bad..
So yea if someone that knows his fish and chips can vouche for a spot they do it proper I will make sure to give it a try on my coming trip.
Looking forward to it.

D

Pretty sure Aussies and Kiwis have slightly different ideas as to what good fish and chips is compared to those in the UK however I find myself agreeing with Vimto66(an Englishman) about Pig and Whistle's. I make a stop at the Soi 7 one every trip but can never bring myself to order mushy peas, which are very much a UK thing.

Edited by Crushed
Name correction

On 8/30/2017 at 16:54, tt2008 said:

Not sure if she is still there but on my last trip earlier in the year there was a stall in middle of LK Metro (Soi Buakhao and) that did late night fish and chips - certainly tasted good after a load of beer !!

Still there :Clap:

On 8/31/2017 at 01:36, stacksreg123 said:

Looking forward to it.

D

Try Jolly Friar, you will not be disappointed. BTW, when is your coming trip schedule? I will be in Pattaya from 27 Sept to Oct 8. Another 3 weeks.... ahh....how I wish today is 26 Sept :D

On ‎31‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 06:33, LeoTex said:

Yes, Soi 7 started a topic on that.

The owner wants to get out of the business and spend time with his family.

LeoTex

“Spend time with family”, indeed.

On August 30, 2017 at 21:34, Crushed said:

Pretty sure Aussies and Kiwis have slightly different ideas as to what good fish and chips is compared to those in the UK however I find myself agreeing with Vimto66(an Englishman) about Pig and Whistle's. I make a stop at the Soi 7 one every trip but can never bring myself to order mushy peas, which are very much a UK thing.

Everyone from different countries have different tastes for fish and chips.

same as steak  and anything else for that matter.

but mushy peas?