Jump to content
IGNORED

Best Fish & Chips in Pattaya


onlyonetwo

Recommended Posts

I find The Jolly Friar (in Soi Lengkee) does great fish and chips at a very reasonable price. About 100 meters up Soi Lengkee (from Soi Buakhow end) on the left. Enjoy!

 

 

post-809-0-22543000-1485344182.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

About Cod I agree.

20170422_165702.thumb.jpg.3857df7507db96add27c748faf813e82.jpg

About 'fish' ?

 

mouse.gif.00a707d30565699b15838265572acd33.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Crushed said:

Those chips look like huge home fried potatoes.  I'm sure they taste good.  I like a  place off Soi 7 next to Blue Whale guesthouse myself.

Seaside.....their chips are good but the fish is breadcrumbed Pangassius and the peas are garden.

mouse.gif.00a707d30565699b15838265572acd33.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

What is the price?

The one in the photo was a Medium Cod with chips 245 Baht....with Peas and Water comes to 304 I think.

Large size add 80 Baht.

The 'Dory' is cheap as chips....dunno but so it should be.  

Edited by Edge
  • Like 2

mouse.gif.00a707d30565699b15838265572acd33.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pig and whistle does good fish and chips,well the one in jomtien still does so i assume the soi7 one will as well,always full when i`ve had their serving!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The one in the photo was a Medium Cod with chips 245 Baht....with Peas and Water comes to 304 I think.
Large size add 80 Baht.
The 'Dory' is cheap as chips....dunno but so it should be.  
My local west end chip shop in Glasgow does perfect fish and chips and a can for equiv 200 baht. This is one reason i try to avoid farang restaurants, prices are too high baring in mind we are in Thailand.
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure if she is still there but on my last trip earlier in the year there was a stall in middle of LK Metro (Soi Buakhao and) that did late night fish and chips - certainly tasted good after a load of beer !!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

My local west end chip shop in Glasgow does perfect fish and chips and a can for equiv 200 baht. This is one reason i try to avoid farang restaurants, prices are too high baring in mind we are in Thailand.

Yes it's a long way to bring Atlantic Cod 555

Edit - Of course the best F&C in Scotland is more likely (or used to be) Haddock, but I haven't seen that here since Goose's folded.

If you can eat the mushy tasteless farmed Pangassius catfish from the Mekong delta most of them sell as Dory or 'Fish' then of course it's much cheaper than 200 Baht.

Edited by Edge

mouse.gif.00a707d30565699b15838265572acd33.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well I have never had good fish and chips. But I have never had fish and chips in the UK either and the few times I tried it was pretty fuckin Bad..
So yea if someone that knows his fish and chips can vouche for a spot they do it proper I will make sure to give it a try on my coming trip.
Looking forward to it.

D

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

There is that thank fuck its fryday place in Soi Plaza

Yes if you're talking about "Everyday is Fryday", its good and the price is right.

In New Plaza on the left side going up from 2nd Rd.

I have also gotten good fish and chips at Robins Nest on their Friday and Saturday special.

LeoTex

  • Like 3

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That photo Edge posted looks pretty damn good. I walk by this place many times but never stopped, I'll have to change that this trip.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, LeoTex said:

Yes if you're talking about "Everyday is Fryday", its good and the price is right.

 

Also for sale, I think.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

 

Also for sale, I think.

Yes, Soi 7 started a topic on that.

The owner wants to get out of the business and spend time with his family.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, stacksreg123 said:

Well I have never had good fish and chips. But I have never had fish and chips in the UK either and the few times I tried it was pretty fuckin Bad..
So yea if someone that knows his fish and chips can vouche for a spot they do it proper I will make sure to give it a try on my coming trip.
Looking forward to it.

D

 

Pretty sure Aussies and Kiwis have slightly different ideas as to what good fish and chips is compared to those in the UK however I find myself agreeing with Vimto66(an Englishman) about Pig and Whistle's. I make a stop at the Soi 7 one every trip but can never bring myself to order mushy peas, which are very much a UK thing.

Edited by Crushed
Name correction
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/30/2017 at 16:54, tt2008 said:

Not sure if she is still there but on my last trip earlier in the year there was a stall in middle of LK Metro (Soi Buakhao and) that did late night fish and chips - certainly tasted good after a load of beer !!

Still there :Clap:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/31/2017 at 01:36, stacksreg123 said:

Well I have never had good fish and chips. But I have never had fish and chips in the UK either and the few times I tried it was pretty fuckin Bad..
So yea if someone that knows his fish and chips can vouche for a spot they do it proper I will make sure to give it a try on my coming trip.
Looking forward to it.

D

Try Jolly Friar, you will not be disappointed. BTW, when is your coming trip schedule? I will be in Pattaya from 27 Sept to Oct 8. Another 3 weeks.... ahh....how I wish today is 26 Sept :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎31‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 06:33, LeoTex said:

Yes, Soi 7 started a topic on that.

The owner wants to get out of the business and spend time with his family.

LeoTex

“Spend time with family”, indeed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On August 30, 2017 at 21:34, Crushed said:

 

Pretty sure Aussies and Kiwis have slightly different ideas as to what good fish and chips is compared to those in the UK however I find myself agreeing with Vimto66(an Englishman) about Pig and Whistle's. I make a stop at the Soi 7 one every trip but can never bring myself to order mushy peas, which are very much a UK thing.

Everyone from different countries have different tastes for fish and chips.

same as steak  and anything else for that matter.

but mushy peas?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



  • COVID-19

    Any posts or topics which the moderation team deems to be rumours/speculatiom, conspiracy theory, scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed - as will BMs repeatedly doing so. Existing rules also apply.

  • Advertise on Pattaya Addicts
  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.