IGNORED

Best Fish & Chips in Pattaya

onlyonetwo

On 13/09/2021 at 11:40, Edge said:

Dean at Witherspoons R-con chicane still going well.

20210910_143159.thumb.jpg.bb78736cea3dff77dd73552009247259.jpg20210910_143121.thumb.jpg.b154b0be084f8afce097097a97298613.jpg

This certainly looks tasty. Next time I'm in Pattaya I'll be checking it out.

Thanks for sharing

• Like 3

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/07/2021 at 19:22, Edge said:

.......and so it came to pass.

Thanks Dean we were not disappointed...... spot on.

20210702_155305.thumb.jpg.c430af78176e068f436dfd191d3ade94.jpg

20210702_155345.thumb.jpg.5cc052eb5de49dc52afe43d61de849b5.jpg

i just don't get the mushy peas thing. 

• Sad 2

27 minutes ago, striderman said:

fibre

www.sugarcanemafia.com

37 minutes ago, striderman said:

i think it's a yorkshire thing. that and drinking bovril at a football match. it's not for normal folks

22 hours ago, striderman said:

Seriously striders? best bit of tackle for cleaning out the pipes bar none....Marrofat peas steeped overnight in boiling water with a little bicarbonate of soda added...tater ash..corned dog hash and of course fish n chips proper food :ThumbUp6:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, striderman said:

i think it's a yorkshire thing. that and drinking bovril at a football match. it's not for normal folks

Ouch 🤣🤣 you will upset a few Mancs and red rosers with that one. Pea fritters are a Yorkie thing but mushy peas deffo a Manc thing. Pie n peas a Yorkie thing too but that’s more marrowfats than mushy.

These days it’s become fairly “Brit” although yes far less common in the chippies darn sarf.

I will go get a tin hat now 555

• Like 3

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Googun says we've been eating peas for 10,000 years and long before we all had deep freezes the ideal way to store marrowfat peas over winter was to let them dry on the vine and then harvest them.
To restore dried peas to digestibility they inevitably become 'mushy'.

They are commonly eaten with many other dishes including Pie n Mash, though I 'spect Strider prefers 'liquor' on his.....whatever that is.  :rolleyes:

I'm not a fan of jolly friar.  The whole place smells like grease and the deep fried fish is very greasy.  Is grease literally dripping all over your plate consider good?  I think it's kind of gross.  A friend likes it so I tag along but I will often just order the broiled chicken, which I don't thing is all that great either.

I kinda like the fish and chips at Sailor because it's cheap and not greasy.

Edited by Kale

48 minutes ago, Kale said:

I'm not a fan of jolly friar.  The whole place smells like grease and the deep fried fish is very greasy.  Is grease literally dripping all over your plate consider good?  I think it's kind of gross.  A friend likes it so I tag along but I will often just order the broiled chicken, which I don't thing is all that great either.

I kinda like the fish and chips at Sailor because it's cheap and not greasy.

Doesn't really matter now--its been closed for ages.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Sorry i haven't been through this whole thread , but do any of the Fish & Chip places in Pattaya sell legit Cod? When I was looking for Fish & Chips in Patts it was all Whitefish which is pretty vile.

20 hours ago, striderman said:

A true Yorkshireman would have asked for it without the mushy peas and with a discount. 

11 hours ago, thainet said:

years even....LOL

8 hours ago, petermik said:

Seriously striders? best bit of tackle for cleaning out the pipes bar none....Marrofat peas steeped overnight in boiling water with a little bicarbonate of soda added...tater ash..corned dog hash and of course fish n chips proper food :ThumbUp6:

Mum used to cook Dried Peas with Sunday dinner most weekends, soak over night to re-hydrate with a little tablet …. I thought it was only an Irish thing as when i asked ppl about them recently i might as well be talking in Farsi. They held their shape a bit more than the mushy peas we get in London…. Piping hot Bisto poured over the top …Lovely. Excellent for a bit of Bubble and Squeak next day too

Same thing your talking about Petermik?

Edited by Somchai1

8 hours ago, thainet said:

Friar or Sailor?  I am assuming the former.  Sailor (on Soi 8) going away would be a big loss.  That place has been there ever since I could remember.

Edited by Kale

I'm quite certain Sailor Bar is ok. It's been a while, though. I will check soon. But there's a strong enough following even without the good stuff. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

9 minutes ago, Thomaz73 said:

I'm quite certain Sailor Bar is ok. It's been a while, though. I will check soon. But there's a strong enough following even without the good stuff. 

Sailor Bar may well survive................

....................but I'm certain it's never been accused of selling the best FnC in Pattaya.   :Laugh1:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Kale said:

Friar or Sailor?  I am assuming the former.  Sailor (on Soi 😎 going away would be a big loss.  That place has been there ever since I could remember.

Friar no tuck now.

34 minutes ago, Kale said:

Friar or Sailor?  I am assuming the former.  Sailor (on Soi 8) going away would be a big loss.  That place has been there ever since I could remember.

22 minutes ago, Thomaz73 said:

Sailor Bar is still running, I was in their a couple of nights ago - looked like the only place open on Soi 8. Haven't tried the Fish & Chips but the meal I did have was rubbish - I won't be hurrying back (cheap though).

Didn’t even know Sailor bar did fish n chips…..always known it as a cheap cocktails drinks place and seems to have stood the test of time with cheap prices.

Wonder if it’s BiB owned as not many left on soi 8 nowadays??

Think the best 3 places for fish n chips currently seem to be ;

Nickys…Robin Hood….Witherspoons

With quite a few other places that have closed down for good…..these might be the only options.

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

10 hours ago, Edge said:

Sailor Bar may well survive................

....................but I'm certain it's never been accused of selling the best FnC in Pattaya.   :Laugh1:

I'm certain people who recommend the best greasy deep fried FnC have never been accused of knowing what good food is.

Edited by Kale

7 hours ago, stickyfingers said:

Nickys…Robin Hood….Witherspoons

Agree, would add Caddyshack to your list also.

• Like 1

Witherspoons still out front for me this side.

20211105_154745.thumb.jpg.ed0d3c3a4e7294c5ffb660b8056243e1.jpg

Outback if you're on the other side.

Chips bit soft this week....those spuds need double frying.

20211119_141111.thumb.jpg.40512465b1a2dded1e6c2e189228b7be.jpg20211119_140711.thumb.jpg.a365ddbaa1558912de7114ea5d86e8b3.jpg