Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Best Fish & Chips in Pattaya

onlyonetwo

Fish (Haddock) chips Robin Hood 249 Baht but the haddock had hardly any flavour and  was a very thin piece of fish inside the slightly soggy batter and the chips were undercooked 6/10 and that is being generous would expect better from the RH/The pic is very deceiving 

B8970FB6-F8E0-4903-AF61-0057C7D40660.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Pheat said:

Fish (Haddock) chips Robin Hood 249 Baht but the haddock had hardly any flavour and  was a very thin piece of fish inside the slightly soggy batter and the chips were undercooked 6/10 and that is being generous would expect better from the RH/The pic is very deceiving 

I've given up on fish and chips in Pattaya, tried nearly all of the places that have it on special on a Friday, don't like that nearly everywhere serves up a portion of 50% batter and 50% fish.

Edited by Syco
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Syco said:

I've given up on fish and chips in Pattaya, tried nearly all of the places that have it on special on a Friday, don't like that nearly everywhere serves up a portion of 50% batter and 50% fish.

I have found Witherspoons to be the best I have tried on the Friday F/C special 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Pheat said:

Had Wetherspoons a couple of months ago, and asked for it with bread crumbs instead of batter, and it was the better than most of what's served up in town.

Edited by Syco
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Pheat said:

Best of a poor bunch I think.

About RH Haddock being flavourlesd, that is because the only Haddock to be found here seems to be tails and it comes from a processing operation in Bkk which sells it off as waste/offcuts.... the prime cuts go back to Europe I think.....tails are not flaked and skin is left on to hold it together....best avoided IMO.

12 minutes ago, Edge said:

Best of a poor bunch I think.

About RH Haddock being flavourlesd, that is because the only Haddock to be found here seems to be tails and it comes from a processing operation in Bkk which sells it off as waste/offcuts.... the prime cuts go back to Europe I think.....tails are not flaked and skin is left on to hold it together....best avoided IMO.

So basically RH is selling waste/off cuts of haddock on the F/C Friday special ! no wonder it tasted shite the cheeky fuckers lol

The chips looked good thought...:rolleyes:

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

54 minutes ago, Pheat said:

So basically RH is selling waste/off cuts of haddock on the F/C Friday special ! no wonder it tasted shite the cheeky fuckers lol

In the case of Haddock they all are......I've not seen proper Haddock fillet since Goose's gave up and Jolly Friar went down hill.

Nowt wrong with tails except texture and lack of taste,, just typically about 30% the cost of fillets in my day...usually used for fish cakes etc.

Cod offcuts were for sale at about 100 Baht/kg in expat shops recently..... about 25% the cost of Cod Loin.

4 hours ago, Pheat said:

Gooses on second road that is going back a few years 

Haddock fillet 400 Baht and that was about 2010 so yes.

5 hours ago, Edge said:

Haddock fillet 400 Baht and that was about 2010 so yes.

Not sure why I got the sad emojie. I have tried quite a few places over the years and that cart has the best piece of fish of all of them. She buys fresh everyday and it's always good. YMMV.

26 minutes ago, rhodie said:

Not sure why I got the sad emojie. I have tried quite a few places over the years and that cart has the best piece of fish of all of them. She buys fresh everyday and it's always good. YMMV.

So tell me what fish she's using ?

If you don't know or care then I think that's sad.

I know what she was using both times I tried it BTW.  :rolleyes:

11 hours ago, Edge said:

OK. :rolleyes:

17 hours ago, Edge said:

BM rhodie is happy eating there,as are many others...plus because he,s a hansum chap she gives him the best fillet every time...lucky chap I say 😉

one mans fish is anothers Poison....up to him 👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, petermik said:

one mans fish is anothers Poison....up to him 👍

'Poison' or 'Poisson' ?  😊

15 hours ago, semi-retired member said:

'Poison' or 'Poisson' ?  😊

In the case of Pangasius some may say take your pick.  :rolleyes:

Edited by Edge
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Edge said:

Pick  and shovel it in  ...  probably not, for that dubious delicacy  ...  Fisch-ing in dangerous waters ? 🙂

Wonder whether a marinade of salt-water might make it seem slightly-more palatable ? 

7 hours ago, Edge said:

If it smells salty it,s a fish....or a fanny 🤣

Had it again just to make sure that the first time I survived was not luck. Very tasty and a great texture. Again, best I've had in Pattaya. 

IMG_20220301_194628.thumb.jpg.f03bbb4849b96dd492c16a4ef2f786e1.jpg

• 1 month later...

Sadly I can tell you it is NOT Hemingways, who recently reopened Retox in Soi Honey.

Maybe it's this one in Treetown ?

Screenshot_20220408-221137_Facebook.thumb.jpg.bd9e811d12b8ed744121e84c8a2eb18c.jpg

49 minutes ago, Edge said:

Sadly I can tell you it is NOT Hemingways, who recently reopened Retox in Soi Honey.

Maybe it's this one in Treetown ?

Screenshot_20220408-221137_Facebook.thumb.jpg.bd9e811d12b8ed744121e84c8a2eb18c.jpg

after a quick search it appears to be in the food "court" area of tree town. why folks post part info without detailed location is a mystery to me

Edited by striderman
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, striderman said:

after a quick search it appears to be in the food "court" area of Tree Town. why folks post part info without detailed location is a mystery to me

Agreed.

I have since asked the Q and may go look later.

20220409_062347.thumb.jpg.058b85c5c8525edee61b2d5f5a11635d.jpg