IGNORED

Best Fish & Chips in Pattaya

onlyonetwo

On 16/11/2021 at 04:26, stickyfingers said:

Didn’t even know Sailor bar did fish n chips…..always known it as a cheap cocktails drinks place and seems to have stood the test of time with cheap prices.

Wonder if it’s BiB owned as not many left on soi 8 nowadays??

The way I understand its run (or was) by the Thai widow of a German guy who established it.

I walked past it for years without trying and then found the food really good - talking pre covid. of course

• Like 2

Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards.

On 16/11/2021 at 20:26, jimboh said:

Tropical and Welcome Inn also if out there.

Been to both in the past and both score on price.....but don't rate with Outback on current form.......Outback gave up on those tasteless Haddock tails and switched to Cod.

received_658755698450082.thumb.jpeg.dd057f5198870056446eefbf6d2c5a19.jpeg

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, petemoss said:

Any fish in that batter? 555

Witherspoons is one of my favourite places to eat, but last week my portion of fish was about 60% batter.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Syco said:

Witherspoons is one of my favourite places to eat, but last week my portion of fish was about 60% batter.

Agreed, all batter. I hear you can request breadcrumbs so may do that next time as the staff is nice and I like going there. Ribs are re-heated, like every place I've tried here, so I avoid them too. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Zeb said:

The way I understand its run (or was) by the Thai widow of a German guy who established it.

I walked past it for years without trying and then found the food really good - talking pre covid. of course

Swiss (same same but different). And I agree. Haven't tried fish and chips there, though. Great value on other things. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

23 minutes ago, Prinz said:

My favourite place for fish and chips is closed:Anger:

I really hope retox will open again.

Seems highly unlikely.

The main man Simon exited other Retox branded interests and declared he was 'leaving the building'.

As posted earlier, his former manager Dean and some staff relocated to Witherspoon's on R-Con chicane.

On 19/11/2021 at 21:44, Edge said:

Tropical and Welcome Inn also if out there.

Note The Welcome Inn Darkside Khaol Noi is closed, unfortunately. I heard it re-located but not heard where to! 

2 hours ago, Prinz said:

My favourite place for fish and chips is closed:Anger:

I really hope retox will open again.

DSC_3040.thumb.JPG.65bb751aaf7ee0115965f6df6f08a419.JPG

Yes, I am hoping same, more so for watching football, place was always rammed at weekends, great place to spend weekends watching sport and necking draught beer.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jarrod2518 said:

Note The Welcome Inn Darkside Khaol Noi is closed, unfortunately. I heard it re-located but not heard where to! 

Welcome Inn was good place for F&C and I have been to their new place by the lake for Sunday Roast, which was superb, so would reckon F&C will also be same as before. New place is nice and fresh.

31 minutes ago, jimboh said:

Yes, I am hoping same, more so for watching football, place was always rammed at weekends, great place to spend weekends watching sport and necking draught beer.

I wonder whether the TVs etc are still there ?

Anyway, it would need a new owner/tenant/investor I think.

Edited by Edge

As stated before all retox long gone now and the popular manger Dean and his staff moved to Witherspoons on buakow and developed a large bar /restaurant there now.

Dont think anyone in their right mind will be investing and re opening a big bar in Pattaya anytime soon. 

• Like 3

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

17 minutes ago, sexy man said:

NICKIES by a mile

I wish they were.

They need to re-invent their FnC, give up on those tasteless Haddock tail end pieces and switch to Cod Loin, butterflyed same as W'spoons and Outback do.

The crinkle cut chips are OK, not sure where they're up to with the mushy peas.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Edge said:

Seems highly unlikely.

The main man Simon exited other Retox branded interests and declared he was 'leaving the building'.

As posted earlier, his former manager Dean and some staff relocated to Witherspoon's on R-Con chicane.

18 hours ago, stickyfingers said:

As stated before all retox long gone now and the popular manger Dean and his staff moved to Witherspoons on buakow and developed a large bar /restaurant there now.

I spoke to I presume Dean a couple of weeks ago, he mentioned that the chef at Witherspoons is the same chef previously at Retox.

Tried the Cod which was pretty good, tried the Haddock the following week which was really good. Note Fish & Chips is their Friday Special so it is slightly cheaper on that day.

I have yet to have a bad meal in Witherspoons.

Pictures below in order - Cod, Haddock, Cheesecake

cod.thumb.jpg.fbb8a8409257b1776b0a17011b4f36a4.jpghaddock.thumb.jpg.db543c2c7536f32f6c8d1ab3058251bd.jpgcheesecake.thumb.jpg.893dd1f508c4bdf4059d726c541f96a2.jpg

Had the fish & chips from Whitherspoons on Friday, I asked for the fish to be breadcrumb instead of batter. Much better as the go overboard on the amount of batter for me.

• Like 3

On 27/11/2021 at 14:38, jimboh said:

Welcome Inn was good place for F&C and I have been to their new place by the lake

Jimboh the Name and where on Lakeside? Thanks

4 hours ago, jimboh said:

Still called Welcome Inn, just before Fishermans Indian and after Billabong

Welcome Inn was always a favorite of mine on the Darkside.

image.png

• 3 weeks later...

I tried the fish and chips at Witherspoon's. Friendly stuff and the food coming quick. The fish was ok, I will come back..............

But I'm still missing Retox.:unsure:

DSC_3294.thumb.JPG.7bad22aaec0eacfa94982d909f6201d7.JPG

DSC_3296.thumb.JPG.c1eafa422ec10724bab1081fac827565.JPG

19 hours ago, Prinz said:

But I'm still missing Retox

Like so many others, especially for weekend football. 

Maybe some positive news soon.

31 minutes ago, jimboh said:

Maybe some positive news soon.

About Football .................or Fish n Chips ?     :GoldenSmile1:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1