Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Best Fish & Chips in Pattaya

onlyonetwo

1 hour ago, Syco said:

Went to Sharples today, the place that's just opened in Tree Town. I've tried most of the places that everyone knows around town that do a Friday Fish & Chip special.

Sharples IMO is the most authentic British fish and chips in Pattaya, very good quality fish , light batter and hand cut chips, and very pleasant service staff too.

Highly recommended.

Did you notice if you can take away?

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

19 minutes ago, neo1011 said:

Yes, I saw someone get a take away when I was there.

• Like 2

What, the staff?

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

On 14/04/2022 at 14:27, Syco said:

Went to Sharples today, the place that's just opened in Tree Town. I've tried most of the places that everyone knows around town that do a Friday Fish & Chip special.

Sharples IMO is the most authentic British fish and chips in Pattaya, very good quality fish , light batter and hand cut chips, and very pleasant service staff too.

Highly recommended.

IMG_1074.jpeg

Finally a place where you get more then 10 chips, nice.

• Like 2

Errr no....not really.

Nothing wrong with the food (it was quite good) but why would I want to sit in a sweaty food court when I can buy the same product at the same price (or less) in a nice comfortable AC restaurant ?

Much BS on FB from a certain bar owner about whole fillets such as you get back in UK....that isn't what you'll get from the kiosk in TT.
So far as Haddock is concerned it's tails the same as everyone one else has....the waste/off cuts from the Bangkok processor.

20220415_190714.thumb.jpg.143bb13f5969db74022a1ca2b48108cc.jpg

20220415_190752.thumb.jpg.65e1dbe934f7aa2b08a5f84cd3f20f0c.jpg

Edited by Edge
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, Edge said:

Errr no....not really.

Nothing wrong with the food (it was quite good) but why would I want to sit in a sweaty food court when I can buy the same product at the same price (or less) in a nice comfortable AC restaurant ?

Much BS on FB from a certain bar owner about whole fillets such as you get back in UK....that isn't what you'll get from the kiosk in TT.
So far as Haddock is concerned it's tails the same as everyone one else has....the waste/off cuts from the Bangkok processor.

Ok so better than Witherspoons/RH/ Nickys ?

2 hours ago, Pheat said:

Ok so better than Witherspoons/RH/ Nickys ?

Errr no..... not really....Curate's Egg maybe.

Or you could ask if I'll be back..... probably not.

I generally avoid Haddock Tails, so very disappointed to have been conned by the FB BS.....albeit not really surprised. Chips were pretty good but limp, mushy peas etc good.... service excellent.

It would have had to have been exceptionally good and/or significantly cheaper to make up for food court discomfort (no fans) versus a proper AC restaurant.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 14/04/2022 at 20:36, neo1011 said:

Got the cod as a takeaway yesterday.

Good portion of chips but, unfortunately, they were soggy and horrible even though I ate them within 10 minutes of leaving the place.

Nice touch was an included slice of lemon but they had omitted the mushy peas.

Maybe teething troubles with a new business but I will be sticking with Nickys,, etc. in future.

10 hours ago, Edge said:

Errr no....not really.

I went last night..... Took me 20 mins to find the place, only to find a "restaurant" that had a kitchen smaller than my bathroom.... I had thought it to be a proper restaurant, my bad.... The area is as described by @Edge is terrible.... Surely they could put some fans in... 

The tables were disgusting and a wait of nearly 1 hr...... The owner was drunk, staff were nice, but running around like headless chooks.... I felt sorry for the cook.... 

The chips were straight out of the fryer, can't say the same for the fish..... It was ok, had better, had worse.

The strange thing was there were empty tables and not a lot of people around, yet he kept saying they were busy, maybe takeaways.... 

First impressions usually make or break a business, in my case, I won't be back..... 

Edited by Atlas
  • Like 2

Regards, Atlas.

I can only speak to the meal I had at Sharple's, and the one I had was very good. But reading the above posts, it could mean I got lucky on that day. And the place is inconsistent, if that's the case, I can't say that it's highly recommended now.

I'll give them another go in a couple of weeks, and see if things have improved. Also must agree with Edge & Atlas about the uncomfortable heat in Tree Town. That's why I went at night, if you eat there in the daytime, with that roof over the area ,it turns the place into a greenhouse.

45 minutes ago, Syco said:

must agree with Edge & Atlas about the uncomfortable heat in Tree Town. That's why I went at night, if you eat there in the daytime, with that roof over the area ,it turns the place into a greenhouse.

They don't open until 5pm.....but anyway we were all there after 7pm.

12 hours ago, Edge said:

Errr no..... not really....Curate's Egg maybe.

Or you could ask if I'll be back..... probably not.

I generally avoid Haddock Tails, so very disappointed to have been conned by the FB BS.....albeit not really surprised. Chips were pretty good but limp, mushy peas etc good.... service excellent.

It would have had to have been exceptionally good and/or significantly cheaper to make up for food court discomfort (no fans) versus a proper AC restaurant.

Thank you for taking 1 for the team 
Yep agree unless the F/C is very very good or significantly cheaper why would you not go to a comfortable restaurant to enjoy your F/C

19 hours ago, JohnDoesPattaya said:

Finally a place where you get more then 10 chips, nice.

Good news, I find it unbelievable that so many places around town serve miserable portions of chips, such a low dollar item.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, jimboh said:

Good news, I find it unbelievable that so many places around town serve miserable portions of chips, such a low dollar item.  

They were good actually 😁

• Like 3

Regards, Atlas.

• 4 weeks later...

Witherspoons still top of the game IMO.

20220513_231031.thumb.jpg.c4c1590ca14c4b6594b24afe4e350337.jpg

2 hours ago, Edge said:

Agree, also Witherspoons have the option for the fish to be cooked in breadcrumbs instead of batter.

Most other places, the reply will be "sorry cannot do bledclum"

• Haha 7

If you rate fish and chips on the same 0-10 scale as we rate girls then the best is only ever going to be a 6 or 7 - a fatty good for a late night boink after too many beers. Mushy peas are a matter of taste rather like bolt on tits. I prefer natural tits and petite frozen non-mushy peas although I'll eat mushy if that's all that's available. Fries are a bit like asses - do you prefer big soggy chips or thin crispy ones (voluptuous or spinner) - I prefer soggy chips and fat asses - just my taste. As for the fish - fresh anything that was swimming about within 24 hrs of eating (the less time the better) usually beats frozen anything which most cod would be in Thailand. Authentic British late night post-boozing fish and chips is often not fish at all but an order of chips with curry sauce.

12 hours ago, Edge said:

20220513_231031.thumb.jpg.c4c1590ca14c4b6594b24afe4e350337.jpg

I'll give it a go next week. Should I order an extra portion of chips, or do you already have half the chips are in that pic? 😉😄

45 minutes ago, Thrillseeker said:

I'll give it a go next week. Should I order an extra portion of chips, or do you already have half the chips are in that pic? 😉😄

Plenty of chips I even left one....... half of them are under the Cod.

I always have it well done BTW, so say nothing and it will be less so.

There was also a slice of bread & butter somewhere, but I had already started eating when I remembered to take a pic.

Edited by Edge
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Edge said:

Plenty of chips I even left one....... half of them are under the Cod.

I always have it well done BTW, so say nothing and it will be less so.

There was also a slice of bread & butter somewhere, but I had already started eating when I remembered to take a pic.

*Ate 

Ok I'll take your word for it 😉 

A chippy butty should make sure I'm full anyway. 👍

Eee, chip-butties, this thread is really going up-market & gourmet, these days !  😊

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, semi-retired member said:

Eee, chip-butties, this thread is really going up-market & gourmet, these days !  😊

Us refined chaps say chip sandwich....:Laugh1:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 14/04/2022 at 17:27, Petesie said:

What, the staff?

Once went out with a girl who worked at our local chippy for some reason I just couldn't bring myself round to DATY with her! 

17 minutes ago, Madfrankie said:

Once went out with a girl who worked at our local chippy for some reason I just couldn't bring myself round to DATY with her! 

I’m sure you must have had extra chips then whenever she was serving