IGNORED

Best Fish & Chips in Pattaya

onlyonetwo

2 hours ago, petermik said:

.............many folk have given good reports about the F&C cart in LK Metro which you belittled...we have seen many times your posts for Witherspoons give it a rest....yes you like it and thats fine,as I said....your opinion...others may think differently...their opinion yet you seem to want to find fault with other folks choice...some actually like Pangasius....their choice.

I don't believe I belittled the LK food cart per se?
I read the review/s and tried it twice, once when I was drunk and I ate it and again when I was sober and I didn't.
She does a good job as far as the cooking goes and if she offered Cod/Haddock I'd probably go there again.

What I do belittle is Pangasius, which IMO has nothing going for it except its cheap price....it's a tasteless mush.
I've tried it lots of times and in a different type of dish (eg curry) it is a valid ingredient due to price, but it simply does not make for good FnC.
What others like about it is the price and apart from the lack of taste and texture, if you care what you eat simply google it.
https://youtu.be/-7ff7fbZO5Q
You are what you eat they say.

I don't need to find fault with others' reviews/choices, they may be right and as long as it's ocean fish I'll probably try it.
As long as Witherspoons keep up their current standard (and BMs keep Liking) I see no reason to stop posting as per the Title of the Topic.

• Like 2

I hope this thread never dies.  Who would have bet the most passionate topic in Pattaya was who batters and fries the best cut of fish and manages to make French fries that are not absolutely ruined by having been cut in an efficient and uniform manner.

• Like 2

Just now, curveball21 said:

I hope this thread never dies.  Who would have bet the most passionate topic in Pattaya was who batters and fries the best cut of fish and manages to make French fries that are not absolutely ruined by having been cut in an efficient and uniform manner.

Captain Birds Eye knows the best cuts...LOL....and for those not from the UK you don`t know what yer missing :Laugh1:

58 minutes ago, Edge said:

I don't believe I belittled the LK food cart per se?
I read the review/s and tried it twice, once when I was drunk and I ate it and again when I was sober and I didn't.
She does a good job as far as the cooking goes and if she offered Cod/Haddock I'd probably go there again.

What I do belittle is Pangasius, which IMO has nothing going for it except its cheap price....it's a tasteless mush.
I've tried it lots of times and in a different type of dish (eg curry) it is a valid ingredient due to price, but it simply does not make for good FnC.
What others like about it is the price and apart from the lack of taste and texture, if you care what you eat simply google it.
https://youtu.be/-7ff7fbZO5Q

I don't need to find fault with others' reviews/choices, they may be right and as long as it's ocean fish I'll probably try it.
As long as Witherspoons keep up their current standard (and BMs keep Liking) I see no reason to stop posting as per the Title of the Topic.

Have you checked HEMINGWAYS soi Honey out for the F/C Friday special?

I tried it about 3/4 weeks ago thought it was pretty decent 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pheat said:

Have you checked HEMINGWAYS soi Honey out for the F/C Friday special?

I tried it about 3/4 weeks ago thought it was pretty decent 

Been there twice.....I think I posted before.

The Cod/Haddock is tails, but pretty well done.
The first time, the chips weren't cooked inside........gave me a free coke.  :rolleyes:
The second time they gave us frozen beef fries.....playing safe maybe.

2 hours ago, Edge said:

good video

2 hours ago, petermik said:

Captain Birds Eye knows the best cuts...LOL....and for those not from the UK you don`t know what yer missing :Laugh1:

yeah !!! peas as they should be on the captain's table

I hate this thread ... I used to be so happy with Dory 🤣

• Haha 2

Please remember to like and subscribe.

tinnies in Jontiem do a F&C , how about doing a review on that one @Edge , my shout when over in July

1 hour ago, onehunglo said:

tinnies in Jontiem do a F&C , how about doing a review on that one @Edge , my shout when over in July

Sounds OK, not been since I started doing 90 day report online.

Of the 3 choices I'd go with Cod, probably same as the others so it's down to the cooking.

"

A choice of 3 different fish to choose from 
🐟🐟Norwegian COD ,BARAMANDI  or DORY 
in crispy beer batter. Served with your choice 👍fries 
👌mushy peas 
👉garden peas 
☝️fresh salad

Delivery Available 
☎️ 086-1277738
Or inbox"

• 4 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, pumpui69 said:

Are these guys on soi new plaza permanently closed? 

Before COVID I used to eat here a lot, was good food & priceIMG_20221124_134206.thumb.jpg.bca721daba438245b41cf648618a5b99.jpg

not traded for a long while

2 hours ago, pumpui69 said:

Are these guys on soi new plaza permanently closed? 

Before COVID I used to eat here a lot, was good food & priceIMG_20221124_134206.thumb.jpg.bca721daba438245b41cf648618a5b99.jpg

Ian and his wife went back home for a better life for his newborn. 

• Like 2

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

.......and still....

20221125_164100.thumb.jpg.91557ea05e56390b2947858109598661.jpg

IMO  :rolleyes:

Up2u

20221202_201346.thumb.jpg.74a2b16e9550866713252351126acd68.jpg20221202_202148.thumb.jpg.387c38c83e2a10a64626d6eb2dce5f1a.jpg20221202_202345.thumb.jpg.d409a0352c769c15d97077d9c1728e3f.jpg

• Like 3

Granted, Witherspoon looks better, but the big one I had was 50% breading. I hear you can order with breadcrumbs instead, so that's my next endeavor.

I like Sharples, other than the tarter. 

12 hours ago, frantick said:

Granted, Witherspoon looks better,..............

Witherspoons is a Cod Loin butterflied.

Hideaway is only one half of a Cod Loin and more expensive.

Nicky's is Haddock, but only a Tail...... I think they do Cod Loin on Wednesdays.

Sharples is OK, but also only Tails AFAIK.... chips are variable, can be the highlight of the meal, or just soggy.
My main problem with Sharples is sitting in a hot sweaty food hall on hard benches and paying the same as in a proper bar on proper seats with TVs and AC/Fans.

Last time I went to Sharples I got a table with a fan.  :ThankGod1:
Then a guy asked if he could join me - I said OK as long as you don't smoke.
Next he asked if we could turn the fan off or redirect it.  :Hair_Out1:

Edit - No I'm not planning to travel all the way to Jomtien to try Sharples in Bentley's.
Looks like a nice bar though.

Edited by Edge
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, Edge said:

No I'm not planning to travel all the way to Jomtien to try Sharples in Bentley's.
Looks like a nice bar though.

Walked past last night. Most of the seating is high stools, which is no good for me. Also lots of smokers.

Couple of friends tried it and were disappointed, especially with the chips.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

On 24/11/2022 at 17:48, Soi7 said:

Ian and his wife went back home for a better life for his newborn. 

Better than Pattaya??!?!?!

Please remember to like and subscribe.

On 24/11/2022 at 09:48, Soi7 said:

back home for a better life for his newborn. 

You do know where he has gone to?

On 03/12/2022 at 08:08, Edge said:

No I'm not planning to travel all the way to Jomtien to try Sharples in Bentley's.

You could go to one of your favorite bars in Pattaya and have them deliver. I recently had them deliver to a group of us in Maggie Mays on pothole. Same for anyone not in favor of sitting in that food court at Treetown.

I hadn’t planned on going here tonight and when I went in I wasn’t intending to have the fish and chips but…

744E0072-05A6-4574-B253-728C7F33F617.jpeg

Cod and chips in Tinnie’s Jomtien. Frozen chips, fresh salad, 2 small pieces of cod which increases the proportion of batter.

There was some nice cod in the larger piece, though a bit dry.

C98063EF-21B0-424F-B04E-CD945E9B66F7.jpeg

Service was a bit slow even though there weren’t too many customers.

350 baht.

Not suggesting it’s one of the best and don’t intend to have it again. Better than Hemingway’s 3 weeks ago, but that’s not a high bar.

11 minutes ago, striderman said:

that's a lot of batter to fish

Yep. The batter actually wasn’t bad but there really wasn’t that much cod.

As I mentioned Hemingway’s in Jomtien here’s what I had about 3 weeks ago:

image.jpeg

I had zero appetite at the time so my opinion of it might be a bit harsh but…

the chips were thick cut frozen and were soggy, the fish had been cooked too long and the batter was rock hard - took some force with knife to cut it - and the bread was dry. The frozen peas were good :)

• Like 3