IGNORED

Best Fish & Chips in Pattaya

onlyonetwo

6 minutes ago, stickyfingers said:

Not that many options in Jomtien nowadays now Simons fish n chips has gone long ago.

Only places can think of I’d Hemingway’s or the new Irish pub that used to be Pig & Whistle??

Quite a few of the restaurants and bars that now offer food do have fish & chips on the menu. I’ve no idea what any of them are like but it is available. eg there are now a number of food places in Jomtien Complex, there’s a couple of restaurants downstairs in Jomtien Beach Condos, the Wombat & Kiwi Bar on beach road near Soi 9 has it as a special, Cheap Charlie’s on Soi 5 etc etc.

Edit: Wombat & Kiwi

Saturday's 99 Baht Special - Battered Cod and Chips with Coleslaw.  With the option to double up the Cod for just 180 Baht!  From 4 pm

Enjoyed with the best Garlic bread in town for just 30 baht!

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

18 minutes ago, LuvThaiPussy said:

Might be helpful if you tell us where ur talking about 

Very strict libel laws in Thailand

2 hours ago, splitpin said:

Just had a delivery via Food Panda.....

.....and soggy

Fish and chips especially, is a meal that needs to be eaten fresh out of the fryer.

I've ordered plenty of food for home delivery, but never ordered fish and chips, because I'd fully expect it to be a soggy mess when I get it.

It's not possible that it's going to remain crispy, after at least 20 minute motorbike journey from when the driver picks it up at the restaurant.

Edited by Farangkie

48 minutes ago, davidge said:

I think the bar is staying as it is, with the same owner, but Sharples have bought out the kitchen and will do their food there.

yes the owner was saying he wanted to lease the kitchen out but keep the bar ... smart move

that was on a interview with Buzzin Pattaya just recently

Edited by onehunglo

2 hours ago, stickyfingers said:

Not that many options in Jomtien nowadays now Simons fish n chips has gone long ago.

Only places can think of I’d Hemingway’s or the new Irish pub that used to be Pig & Whistle??

Tinnie's Pies has it. Has anyone tried?

Is Jomtien Pattaya now?  🤫

5 minutes ago, Edge said:

Yes.

For those willing to travel.......

....The Outback, Darkside....Cod.

image.thumb.jpeg.7db5113f7ff4aa08771a5b61934e21c9.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Edge said:

I always thought Jomtien was 'Pattaya over the hill' myself.

16 hours ago, Farangkie said:

Fish and chips especially, is a meal that needs to be eaten fresh out of the fryer.

I've ordered plenty of food for home delivery, but never ordered fish and chips, because I'd fully expect it to be a soggy mess when I get it.

It's not possible that it's going to remain crispy, after at least 20 minute motorbike journey from when the driver picks it up at the restaurant.

I do agree with what you say, it's never going to be the same, bit like ordering a Big Mac and chips yuk, But I have had F&C's a few times delivered and it's been fine, because places would not offer it if they thought it would not work.

Usually it's delivered in a cardboard box, or large styrofoam box with grease-proof paper and always with hand cut chips

My problem was the F&C's were wrapped in foil, and the frozen chips not cooked properly

Went into Wombat and Kiwi bar tonight with the thai wife.

She had the fish n chips which she said was average and the coleslaw was warm obviously not kept in the fridge.😬

I had the chicken parma which these guys have nooo idea what a real parma should look like,came with a warm salad and no dressing. Won't be returning..

Slightly extended menu offering Thai & Childrens Meals.
Open 6 days a week 3pm - 11.30pm and closed on Tuesdays.

27F39449-7791-4555-A762-2C86852978E9.jpeg

49 minutes ago, davidge said:

Tried Sharples at Tree Town recently. The fish was ok but the chips were disappointing, very oily and soggy.

image.png

44 minutes ago, Jebb said:

the chips were disappointing, very oily and soggy.

I,ve had a few women like that lately Jebb.......

10 minutes ago, petermik said:

I,ve had a few women like that lately Jebb.......

Haven't we all. 555

image.png

On 21/10/2022 at 21:20, Farangkie said:

You can say that for most food actually. If one is too lazy to go get it , one would most prob get a sub-standard order of what the chef/restaurant is trying to dish out.

If I ordered delivery , I would look to recook it someway. Like retoast the bread to add to the crispiness , reblanch the pasta , retoast the pizza with more cheese/meat/seafood (NO PINEAPPLES! NO FRUITS!😆) etc. Even for thai noodles soup , i get the soup separated so the noodles dont get too soft or I can reheat the soup for later.

• Like 2

Ding Ding ...... Please remember to like and subscribe.

On 25/10/2022 at 13:44, mmaaarrrkkk said:

You can say that for most food actually. If one is too lazy to go get it , one would most prob get a sub-standard order of what the chef/restaurant is trying to dish out.

If I ordered delivery , I would look to recook it someway. .......................

As said, FnC does not really lend itself to home delivery, but it can be revived by careful use of an Air Fryer.

Definitely not a Microwave.

On 23/10/2022 at 09:53, davidge said:

This has now been delayed by at least a couple of weeks. Apparently, the fryers haven’t arrived and they can’t get staff.

20 hours ago, Edge said:

Meanwhile, Simply the Best.....proper Cod Loin not tail offcuts.
Friday Special at 249 Baht.
Unbeatable.

In your opinion....:WhoSaw1:

1 hour ago, davidge said:

This has now been delayed by at least a couple of weeks. Apparently, the fryers haven’t arrived and they can’t get staff.

more likely that they had to do the flyer again because of the spelling mistake in Restaurant 

On 28/10/2022 at 22:10, Edge said:

Meanwhile, Simply the Best.....proper Cod Loin not tail offcuts.
Friday Special at 249 Baht.
Unbeatable.

image.thumb.jpeg.9eedb090d25214adb4eb846fb276ec0d.jpeg

Looks good - so as the advertisement for “decking oil” says....(if) It does what it says on the tin.....then happy days....

I will give them a try next trip... just seems a little stingy on the chips but we will just have to try it...

Skippy

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SkippyRoo said:

......... just seems a little stingy on the chips but we will just have to try it...

Skippy

I left one....it's a big meal when you see it in front of you.

14 hours ago, Edge said:

Whose do you expect me to post?  :rolleyes:

The whole thread is about people's different opinions.

I don't recall what yours is (Marquee or somewhere?) but if someone posts a good review of a place serving proper ocean fish (though preferably not the offcuts from the Bkk processing plant) and definitely not factory farmed Pangasius I'll go and try it.

Never reported on this thread about eating fish and chips out...the TGF cooks mine in the airfrier....many folk have given good reports about the F&C cart in LK Metro which you belittled...we have seen many times your posts for Witherspoons give it a rest....yes you like it and thats fine,as I said....your opinion...others may think differently...their opinion yet you seem to want to find fault with other folks choice...some actually like Pangasius....their choice.