IGNORED

Best Fish & Chips in Pattaya

onlyonetwo

2 hours ago, quietguy77 said:

I was in there last night. Certainly a good size portion of cod with the full size, I couldn't finish it.

On balance although Hemingways' f&c isn't as good as it used to be I think it was slightly better (certainly the chips), to me anyway. 

Only had the Hemingways F/C once about 3 months it was ok but I prefer Witherspoons offering 

3 hours ago, quietguy77 said:

...On balance although Hemingways' f&c isn't as good as it used to be I think it was slightly better (certainly the chips), to me anyway. 

Are the chips still frozen...steak fries whatever..... or real ?

Edited by Edge

20 hours ago, Edge said:

Are the chips still frozen...steak fries whatever..... or real ?

On Friday I don't think they were frozen, they seemed to be home made, quite thin more like french fries than chips and overfried and crispy.

I went there again last night for the bbq ribs special and the chips were good, seemed home made, thicker and not overfried.

Maybe I just got a bad batch on Friday.

• 2 weeks later...

I was in Witherspoons midweek, had a meal with home made chips. The chips were terrible, totally different to the usual ones, 

Not sure if it was a one off or what.

Anyone if for F&C recently?

Anyone tried Bentleys in Pratumnak 5?, Scruples was supposed to start frying there I read. Never see anyone in there much, or signs outside with a menu

3 minutes ago, splitpin said:

Scruples was supposed to start frying there I read.

I think it was Sharples you mean 

• Like 2

Opinions differ.....both of these have been rated 'best'.

20230217_214406.jpg.0876fe22b5b512212c44d357317ae426.jpg

RHT
Not mine...I don't do BBeans with FnC.

20230217_214153.thumb.jpg.06a93ff9165a74c02aa4a9c32bff3900.jpg

Both prices incl one soft drink.

The W'spoons chips were spot on.

Edited by Edge

Having tasted both, I would say there is little difference, RHT certainly not 142B better.

Thats good to hear about WS chips.

Yesterday, had the F&C at Bentleys, I can't recall how much it was, I did note it is 249B on Friday special-I was in a few weeks ago on Friday and place was busy.

The meal was good, I would rate it up there alongside WS and RHT.

Image preview

Nicky's LARGE Haddock

20230224_173208.thumb.jpg.de86e7f9acd811fc144bc3aa71240216.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be in Patts in 10 days. I've been trawling the forum for the latest on Soi 6, Poon and Boomerang, but landed on this thread and I now feel horny as a dog with two dicks! 

Fucking spinners is all good, but finding good fish and chips is a real hunt. I've tried Witherspoons previously and was impressed. 

Can somebody please enlighten me where 'Nicky's" is located. Not heard of this place before.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Chachi420 said:

Can somebody please enlighten me where 'Nicky's" is located. Not heard of this place before.

Soi Buakow... From LK Metro or Soi Diana walk South, pass the hospital, pass Soi 15 and a little bit further it's on your left.

https://www.google.nl/maps/@12.9268491,100.8829549,3a,40.7y,182.34h,82.44t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sN0fAbtOOl6Llg2-84IWDwg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?hl=en

• Like 4

sexy-naughty.png.764576a2887de17787b7331889800d21.png

there will be be a new player soon in central pattaya............Sharples. they were in tree town then trading at Bentleys pratumnak.

they have acquired the old every day is fryday site in new plaza which is between second road (near that end ) and buakaow

1 hour ago, Chachi420 said:

I'll be in Patts in 10 days. I've been trawling the forum for the latest on Soi 6, Poon and Boomerang, but landed on this thread and I now feel horny as a dog with two dicks! 

Fucking spinners is all good, but finding good fish and chips is a real hunt. I've tried Witherspoons previously and was impressed. 

This thing called Google is amazing. Sometimes you even get the answer to your question right away. :Laugh1:

Screenshot_20230309-073724_Google.thumb.jpg.59fbf13a0bb330b429d716d47458719d.jpg

I have been reliably informed that Shaun the owner of Sharples in Tree Town and Bentleys at Jomtien is currently having what was Frydays Fish and Chippy in the New Plaza it renovated and opened up as a new chippy.......:ThumbUp6:

42 minutes ago, petermik said:

I have been reliably informed that Shaun the owner of Sharples in Tree Town and Bentleys at Jomtien is currently having what was Frydays Fish and Chippy in the New Plaza it renovated and opened up as a new chippy.......:ThumbUp6:

Yep walked past this morning the Sharples sign is now up hopefully be opening shortly.

1 hour ago, petermik said:

Right. As posted just above yours :) But repetition is good. Repetition is good. 

• Haha 4

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

7 hours ago, LuvThaiPussy said:

This thing called Google is amazing. Sometimes you even get the answer to your question right away. :Laugh1:

Screenshot_20230309-073724_Google.thumb.jpg.59fbf13a0bb330b429d716d47458719d.jpg

Sorry, I have not heard of Google before. Any chance you can give me another thorough and completely condescending explanation of how I can search for more information relating to Google?? 

Your efforts would be truly truly appreciated  

8 hours ago, Abracadabra said:

Soi Buakow... From LK Metro or Soi Diana walk South, pass the hospital, pass Soi 15 and a little bit further it's on your left.

https://www.google.nl/maps/@12.9268491,100.8829549,3a,40.7y,182.34h,82.44t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sN0fAbtOOl6Llg2-84IWDwg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?hl=en

Thank you so much. I've been that way a few times, but never noticed this place. I'll be sure to pop in this time. 

4 hours ago, Thomaz73 said:

Right. As posted just above yours :) But repetition is good. Repetition is good. 

Was gonna ask if the "reliable source" was @striderman 's post just before his. 555

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, LuvThaiPussy said:

Was gonna ask if the "reliable source" was @striderman 's post just before his. 555

No actually it was my mate Colin who in the early days of Sharples in Tree Town was Shauns business partner...previous to this they had a bar in Jomtien....still best of pals and Shaun bought out Colin and now is sole owner.

My mistake in not reading striders previous comment which ultimately I duplicated....:WhoSaw1:

anyone here know where this fella ended up ?? he was English , say around 45-50 yr old , pleasant & polite

he had a F& C shop on Soi Lengkee then moved in-between Soi 7 & 8 on Second road ( beach rd side of 2nd road ) roughly 8-10 years ago 

IMHO .... the absolute Best F & C around at the time 

he was on the Second road site for only a short time then disappeared 

Edited by onehunglo

7 minutes ago, onehunglo said:

anyone here know where this fella ended up ?? he was English , say around 45-50 yr old , pleasant & polite

he had a F& C shop on Soi Lengkee then moved in-between Soi 7 & 8 on Second road ( beach rd side of 2nd road ) roughly 8-10 years ago 

IMHO .... the absolute Best F & C around at the time 

he was on the Second road site for only a short time then disappeared 

I think there were 2 separate businesses. There was the Jolly Friar on Lengkee and Gooses on 2nd Rd. I wasn't aware there was an ownership connection. My recollection is that they both opened around the same time. Gooses was the first one to close, I think the owner moved elsewhere in S.E. Asia. The Jolly Friar lasted longer but seemed to go into a gradual decline, I don't know who the owner was.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, khwan said:

I had some really good fish and chips at Robin Hood. Was homemade chunky chips. 

On 2nd road opposite soi13 where you go up the steps at the avenue mall. Nice place for falang food in general. 

https://www.facebook.com/Therobinhoodpattaya

Do they still charge VAT on all their advertised prices? Nickys is still the best IMO

Edited by chris2004