Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Best Fish & Chips in Pattaya

onlyonetwo

18 hours ago, splitpin said:

Will try the Sharples Jomtien branch when it opens, loved it when it was in TT

I don’t think it will be open by the time I leave but will try it when I’m back in November. I’m not sure who’s actually going to be running it as it’s a franchise deal. Looks like it will use the name but have a different owner, staff etc?? 

I thought I’d seen a photo of him shaking hands with someone in front of the location but it seems to have been removed from his FB page (though I can never find anything on bloody FB anyway). If it was the bloke I thought it looked like then there’s a good chance prices will be higher - it’s what he’s done in another Jomtien establishment. I might have been wrong though as I just glanced at the photo.

• Like 2

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I had battered-jumbo-sausage/chips/beans/soda last night, cost B235 which was reasonable, was the only customer so came within 5-minutes & perfectly-hot, so no complaints FWIW.  😎 

3 hours ago, semi-retired member said:

I had battered-jumbo-sausage/chips/beans/soda last night, cost B235 which was reasonable, was the only customer so came within 5-minutes & perfectly-hot, so no complaints FWIW.  😎 

Actually the thread title is Best Fish and Chips.......ooh well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

had Hemmingways 2 days ago .... unimpressed to say the least , would I go again ... no

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, semi-retired member said:

Good they have a childrens menu too 😋

I've had the baby F&C at witherspoons a few times. 189b i think. Its good!

Sharples on top form againn today.

Witherspoon's on a friday,cod and chips very nice, good value, great viewing platform, street view.555

20 hours ago, petermik said:

Actually the thread title is Best Fish and Chips.......ooh well.

You're quite correct, of course.  Sorry 'bout that !

I couldn't find the dedicated baked-beans thread ?  😊

But felt it might help, to add a current datum-point, regarding how hot the chips were at the new Sharples.

As to the fish, instead of a sausage, well I did glance at it on their menu, but was slightly put-off by the price (IIRC B299 !), Mc-hoots mon the noo, and anyway I like sausages !  I've got one of my own, and have always been very attached to it !  😎 

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, semi-retired member said:

I couldn't find the dedicated baked-beans thread ?  😊

Give it time, and there will be one!

:Laugh1:

• Like 1

My girl is "different". A different one everyday.

Screenshot_20230722-234204_Facebook.jpg

• Like 2

Shaun from Sharples did reply & will try to rectify the situation, also offered recompense. 🙂

Oddly enough I'm only concerned with getting them back on track to be the Number 1 Fish 'n Chippery in Patts!

• Like 3

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

On 15/07/2023 at 08:16, Petesie said:

not their fault, they simply do as instructed.

I would not be so sure of this

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Sharples Jomtien opened today I read.

Meanwhile in Pattaya....

20230811_173531.thumb.jpg.39af398589268e78d1957439fe899ff6.jpg

2 minutes ago, Edge said:

Sharples Jomtien opened today I read.

Meanwhile in Pattaya....

20230811_173531.thumb.jpg.39af398589268e78d1957439fe899ff6.jpg

That looks a healthy portion of F&Cs if ever I saw one!! Hope passed the taste test!!

Sharples in NP Patts??

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

15 hours ago, stickyfingers said:

That looks a healthy portion of F&Cs if ever I saw one!! Hope passed the taste test!!

Sharples in NP Patts??

Yes New Plaza.

It was OK (chips very good) but as someone suggested earlier in the thread, they do appear to be pre cooking the fish and then MWing it.........results may vary.  :rolleyes:

• Like 3

On 21/07/2023 at 19:28, iron said:

Witherspoon's on a friday,cod and chips very nice, good value, great viewing platform, street view.555

I had this yesterday (Friday).  Fish was excellent. Bread was nice.  Chips were below average - they were just not that nice.  Overall I would give it 6/10.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Edge said:

they do appear to be pre cooking the fish and then MWing it.

Worst thing ever invented for a kitchen was the Micro-Wave , one can even tell the different taste when heating frozen peas in a saucepan with water .... to microwaving them ...... completely different 

I've never owned a microwave and never will

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, onehunglo said:

Worst thing ever invented for a kitchen was the Micro-Wave , one can even tell the different taste when heating frozen peas in a saucepan with water .... to microwaving them ...... completely different 

I've never owned a microwave and never will

I'd be lost without my MW...........

......but I've only used it once for FnC....terrible idea.

Only thing works OK is an Air Fryer.

9 hours ago, Edge said:

Yes New Plaza.

It was OK (chips very good) but as someone suggested earlier in the thread, they do appear to be pre cooking the fish and then MWing it.........results may vary.  :rolleyes:

Really MW fish from a chippy that is diabolical 

The way the owner of Sharples goes on about his F/C shop on FB you would think he was a top heart transplant surgeon not a shop selling fried fish and fried potatoes 555

1 hour ago, Pheat said:

Really MW fish from a chippy that is diabolical 

The way the owner of Sharples goes on about his F/C shop on FB you would think he was a top heart transplant surgeon not a shop selling fried fish and fried potatoes 555

I wasn't sure before but this time I am.
The batter was flat and a little chewy while the fish inside was scalding hot... fresh fried that's not possible.

For traditional UK FnC the batter mix would be stored overnight in a fridge and the oil (beef dripping?) should be the right temperature (very hot).
The result is that the batter sort of explodes on 'impact' and that's how you get batter bits/scraps

If you look at the pic above I posted from Sharples it's basically flat..cooked too slow.
It is a problem with most FnC here.

It should look like this ....

image.jpeg.4a6257b0b398173d1ecaf022aa1d6276.jpeg

Edited by Edge
  • Like 2

That's why the F&C at the cart in LK is always good. Freshly fried in front of you. And tastes great. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, rhodie said:

That's why the F&C at the cart in LK is always good. Freshly fried in front of you. And tastes great. 

If she would offer a Cod or Haddock option I'd be there.......

........but Pangasius/Dory no thanks.

• Like 3

Back tonight at the LK cart. Great tasting fresh fish and still only 130 for F&C.

IMG_20230813_183947_copy_1200x1200.thumb.jpg.4788895eb6f85ad34d3805abc177758b.jpg

IMG_20230813_184100_copy_1200x1200.thumb.jpg.bd030a5aff6f2067b6fb6505cd175e94.jpg