IGNORED

Best Fish & Chips in Pattaya

onlyonetwo

4 minutes ago, rhodie said:

Back tonight at the LK cart. Great tasting fresh fish and still only 130 for F&C.

IMG_20230813_183947_copy_1200x1200.thumb.jpg.4788895eb6f85ad34d3805abc177758b.jpg

IMG_20230813_184100_copy_1200x1200.thumb.jpg.bd030a5aff6f2067b6fb6505cd175e94.jpg

Fish looks good but the chips don't.

Next time I'm in Pattaya I might get the chips at Sharples then the fish there 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just finished a portion now; for 130b the fish was superb & the chips were fine, not a single complaint apart from Doris nicking half. 😉

Edited by Petesie

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Reminds me of the time my niece ordered fish and chips at an expense restaurant in Phuket because she wanted chips and didn't see them on the menu. Of course I was paying so why not. 🤣

Got to admit to fairly frequent use of the LK fish stall on the way back to the room so I'm "in cups" and probably not that discerning so I have no complaints 555.

At the local "chippy" I favour here in the UK although the quality is excellent, you can barely get a "portion" of chips for 130 baht.

14 hours ago, geezerrb said:

Got to admit to fairly frequent use of the LK fish stall on the way back to the room so I'm "in cups" and probably not that discerning so I have no complaints 555.

At the local "chippy" I favour here in the UK although the quality is excellent, you can barely get a "portion" of chips for 130 baht.

Do we know what fish they use? does not look like Dory

26 minutes ago, splitpin said:

Do we know what fish they use? does not look like Dory

Agreed it doesn't, it looks flaky, more like Cod, but I doubt she could sell that at 130.....and I'm curious what 'fresh fish' might mean, but never heard Pangasius/Dory described as 'great tasting' let alone 'superb'.

The crinkle cut  frozen chips are not particularly exciting....maybe her scallops are a better idea.

It will not surprise me if the Jomtien branch of Sharples (different owners) does a better job, but it's a long way to go just for FnC.

Edited by Edge

2 hours ago, Edge said:

Agreed it doesn't, it looks flaky, more like Cod, but I doubt she could sell that at 130.....and I'm curious what 'fresh fish' might mean, but never heard Pangasius/Dory described as 'great tasting' let alone 'superb'.

The crinkle cut  frozen chips are not particularly exciting....maybe her scallops are a better idea.

It will not surprise me if the Jomtien branch of Sharples (different owners) does a better job, but it's a long way to go just for FnC.

There must be 1 or 2 GC's you could visit at the same time to make it worthwhile 😇

Regards, Atlas.

1 hour ago, Atlas said:

There must be 1 or 2 GC's you could visit at the same time to make it worthwhile 😇

Fish and more fish lor?  :rolleyes:

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Edge said:

Fish and more fish lor?  :rolleyes:

Nowt wrong with fish fingers....or sticky fingers as we used to call them....just don,t try whistling for a taxi afterwards....:Laugh1:

well..i like fish and chips......but i thailand not cod...but can be very good.

i tried many places also witherspoons...but the fries are white and greasy....

i actually never had nice fries in thailand.....i want them crispy and not white....

Them make them like mcD and BurgerK...awfull...why i never visit them

its so easy to make,,,,fry  them 2 times ...the last very hot..its it the potatoes or the oil which is bad

35 minutes ago, evaldo said:

i actually never had nice fries in thailand.....i want them crispy and not white....

its so easy to make,,,,fry  them 2 times ...the last very hot..its it the potatoes or the oil which is bad

Double fried would be great...but they never have the oil hot enough.

5 hours ago, Edge said:

Double fried would be great...but they never have the oil hot enough.

Back in blighty I would cook in moderately hot oil until just starting to brown off...remove the basket with the chips in for a minute or so and turn up the heat replace basket and nice cooked chips are guaranteed....but you need a good potato....king edward/maris piper....to begin with....here the spuds are tasteless no matter how you cook them 👍

Sorry to the non English who read this as you may find it difficult to fully understand....chips are chips and not  fries :WhoSaw1:

• Like 3

7 hours ago, evaldo said:

Try the homemade chips in Robinhood.

They are double fried as you describe.

The best i have had in Pattaya.

As far as i can see, restaurant chips here are served in small portions and from frozen. No doubt done to keep cost per meal down.

• Like 2

On 13/08/2023 at 22:07, Petesie said:

Just finished a portion now; for 130b the fish was superb & the chips were fine, not a single complaint apart from Doris nicking half. 😉

20230816_224440.thumb.jpg.521088ff185b272030e74c6ad18e3a7d.jpg8

• Haha 1

Just a quickie on the Panga fish; most places do not know how to cook it properly & it comes out crispy on the outside but 'wet' on the inside.

The LK Metro Chip Stand gets a slightly different cut of Panga & she prepares & cooks it just right, it's quite firm & definitely tasty. If ye dont like the frozen crinkly chips you can choose potato scallops, beware...they are very filling. 😎

5 hours ago, Petesie said:

The LK Metro Chip Stand 

Is this the one next to Chow Mein Charlie’s (Soi BK end)?    Every time I go for a late night feed it seems to be closed.   

1 hour ago, Scribes said:

Is this the one next to Chow Mein Charlie’s (Soi BK end)?    Every time I go for a late night feed it seems to be closed.   

Go earlier then next time.....:Laugh1:

I think she closes on a Sunday, other nights she will close when she runs out of stock...she's that popular. 🤓

Back to Sharples today at MIT....

Not microwaved..... Big serving of chips, they were not bad.... Cod was ok, not outstanding.... Back to Witherspoons next week I think @Edge :D

Regards, Atlas.

20 minutes ago, Atlas said:

Not microwaved..... Big serving of chips, they were not bad.... Cod was ok, not outstanding.... Back to Witherspoons next week I think @Edge :D

Don't you mean New Plaza?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Atlas said:

Several posts ago someone accused them of MWing and I said no way and defended them for a couple of weeks until they did it to me... batter rubbery and fish inside scalding hot.

Obv YMMV doesn't just apply to P4P  :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, back at W'spoons this week.

20230818_142429.thumb.jpg.9d45af7d8d55df078ab07394e2c195c6.jpg