IGNORED

Best Fish & Chips in Pattaya

onlyonetwo

Along with the Tails from the Bkk processor there are other offcuts and trimmings which are even cheaper (seen at 85/kg).

Tinnies is not cheap, but the pies are pretty good... I wouldn't order FnC there though.

Edited by Edge

50 minutes ago, Edge said:

Along with the Tails from the Bkk processor there are other offcuts and trimmings which are even cheaper (seen at 85/kg).

Tinnies is not cheap, but the pies are pretty good... I wouldn't order FnC there though.

Yes I agree the pies are pretty good and it's not cheap at Tinnies. They raised their prices months ago.

I have been going there for awhile and it has always been for pies or their Chicken Parmigiano. I really like it there! :) I get it with pasta instead of the entrees it comes with on the menu.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Rocketboy said:

Yes I agree the pies are pretty good and it's not cheap at Tinnies. They raised their prices months ago.

I have been going there for awhile and it has always been for pies or their Chicken Parmigiano. I really like it there! :) I get it with pasta instead of the entrees it comes with on the menu.

I went in for a Lamb Pie but they didn’t have any. Made an on the spot decision to try f&c instead. Not wise.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

On 03/07/2023 at 17:18, onehunglo said:

FROM FACEBOOK POST TODAY 03/07/2023

SHARPLES.png

Looks like opposite Natans steak place, hope it's a proper takeaway as well, I know they all do takeway, but need to be set up as such

Had the Friday special from Sharples new plaza-outstanding.

• Like 2

Sorry to say but I have to disagree with the above post.

I've had Sharples a few times from their previous outlet in the area in front of Tree Town & was impressed; yes it was refried but tasty.

Went to the New Plaza branch & unfortunately was unimpressed.

Food was in front of me within 1 minute of taking a seat…not fresh, dried & reheated & not in the fryer. Chips were tough, tasted old & inedible, Cod slightly better but still lukewarm & old tasting…a waste of money, my time & any effort.

Normally supportive of any new business but I will not even post a photo of this disappointment.

The staff were friendly but did not understand why I did not like what was served; not their fault, they simply do as instructed. Quietly paid the bill & left the uneaten plate, on leaving I did apologise to the staff as it was not their fault.

Now then, despite my above aspersions I'd hazard a guess this food was sat there pre plated & shoved in the microwave. My previous Sharples experience saw the pre prepared food refried in front of me & it was fresh & tasty; this was obviously a misunderstanding of the Sharples owner that we will eat anything put in front of us.

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

The only decent beef dripping/homemade chips i have found in Pattaya where at the Robinhood.

Consistently fresh and well cooked.

Won't be anywhere near Sharples and think your being a tad generous to the Thai staff.

When the cat's away the mice will play has never been more true than in Pattaya.

All farang facing businesses here need a strong manager. Especially if there are multiple branches.

Hemingway's being a good example.

1 hour ago, Petesie said:

Now then, despite my above aspersions I'd hazard a guess this food was sat there pre plated & shoved in the microwave. My previous Sharples experience saw the pre prepared food refried in front of me & it was fresh & tasty; this was obviously a misunderstanding of the Sharples owner that we will eat anything put in front of us.

I,m guessing one of the staff had made a mistake with someone else,s order and the food you got was this mess...they cannot afford to throw it away as it will probably be taken from their salary...hence the next customer...you....was the unfortunate one.

I,m sure if Shaun the owner was notified..via FBook...he would offer recompense 👍

20230714_170402.thumb.jpg.5b62daf194b6fec70c4cbe6f43111d1d.jpg

2 minutes ago, Edge said:

20230714_170402.thumb.jpg.5b62daf194b6fec70c4cbe6f43111d1d.jpg

As good as it gets Cheap Charlies friday special :ThumbUp6:

7 minutes ago, petermik said:

As good as it gets Cheap Charlies friday special :ThumbUp6:

I've never been in CCs....I look at the clientele and the sign above their heads describes them perfectly.

Sharples is by no means perfect, but sad to say that IMO it's as good as it gets currently.

It was pretty busy yesterday and I was happy.

13 minutes ago, Edge said:

I've never been in CCs....I look at the clientele and the sign above their heads describes them perfectly.

Sharples is by no means perfect, but sad to say that IMO it's as good as it gets currently.

It was pretty busy yesterday and I was happy.

After travelling North for 2 weeks I really wanted some F&C..... I had not tried the new Sharples place since it opened.... 

It was average at best..... I agree with @Petesie it was much better in Tree Town..... 

The last decent fish I had that tasted like fish was at Cheap Charlie's actually.... go figure. 🤪

Regards, Atlas.

5 minutes ago, Atlas said:

The last decent fish I had that tasted like fish was at Cheap Charlie's actually.... go figure. 🤪

Do you know what sort of 'fish' it was please.......

.....................and how cheap was it?  :rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, Edge said:

Do you know what sort of 'fish' it was please.......

.....................and how cheap was it?  :rolleyes:

No idea TBH. It tasted like fish as opposed to a lot that taste like, well, nothing... Memory is not my strong point but maybe 189BT ? Not sure though. Nope I was wrong !

image.png.bc04606bc7442093934cc542aa6c883c.png

Regards, Atlas.

1 hour ago, petermik said:

I,m guessing one of the staff had made a mistake with someone else,s order and the food you got was this mess...they cannot afford to throw it away as it will probably be taken from their salary...hence the next customer...you....was the unfortunate one.

I,m sure if Shaun the owner was notified..via FBook...he would offer recompense 👍

There was no mistake bud, 3 customers in at the same time & all were served in the same manner. Politely & quickly. I won't be notifying anyone on FB though if anyone wants to pass it on please do; not after any recompense or a blame game.

I'll offer up a guess of my own. The old Sharples had pre prepared frozen food, you had to wait until it was cooked while you waited; delicious.

In this instance the food was wholly pre cooked then microwaved for correct temperature.

If yer man Shaun does get to hear of this particular customer complaint I do hope he takes note as while the above food prep practice may increase turnover the decrease in customer satisfaction & reputational damage may negate any perceived revenue gain.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Petesie said:

There was no mistake bud, 3 customers in at the same time & all were served in the same manner. Politely & quickly. I won't be notifying anyone on FB though if anyone wants to pass it on please do; not after any recompense or a blame game.

I'll offer up a guess of my own. The old Sharples had pre prepared frozen food, you had to wait until it was cooked while you waited; delicious.

In this instance the food was wholly pre cooked then microwaved for correct temperature.

If yer man Shaun does get to hear of this particular customer complaint I do hope he takes note as while the above food prep practice may increase turnover the decrease in customer satisfaction & reputational damage may negate any perceived revenue gain.

I had the same experience in the New Plaza shop a couple of weeks ago, my meal appeared as if by magic, within a couple of minutes.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Certainly the FnC meals were coming out very fast.....about as quick as in a traditional FnC shop.

upton2.thumb.jpg.099a1af9e6c90d4386631fe3544353e8.jpgUpton.JPG.d79d6946c7a7ee96133b5ad0f9b50f22.JPG

I microwaved FnC once and only once.....bad idea.....an air fryer is OK.
I don't believe mine were microwaved.

Sharples claims to be traditional UK, so how did they work in your day?
Did they cook the fish one at a time as customers walked in, or did they cook them a batch at a time and stack them in the hot shelf above the friers?
It is possible to refry fish, just as they did in the olden days when the converted buses and ambulances went around the villages, but they only part cooked the fish first time.
You could re-batter pre-cooked fish and fry it again, like the Pig & Whistle used to do, but then the batter winds up too thick and like concrete.
I think they're cooking in batches and keeping it hot, but I don't know that and I don't know what cooking equipment they have........probably not a coal fired range as above

As for the chips, I only wish they did double (or triple) fry them. Done properly they are the best....ask Jamie Oliver.
My guess is that Sharples is part cooking (blanching) which traditional FnC shops would sort of do by double dipping in the oil, but you can also blanche them in boiling water in advance (as I think Ian at Jolly Friar did).
Either way, obviously it decreases the final frying time considerably.
Again, you could do this in batches.......as traditional FnC shops do.

Reading all the above determines that the application & methodology in part frying is being applied; pre plating & microwave or air fryer too.

End result is a lack of freshness. Hardly the fault of the Thai staff. 

Will try the Sharples Jomtien branch when it opens, loved it when it was in TT

11 hours ago, Petesie said:

Sorry to say but I have to disagree with the above post.

I've had Sharples a few times from their previous outlet in the area in front of Tree Town & was impressed; yes it was refried but tasty.

Went to the New Plaza branch & unfortunately was unimpressed.

Food was in front of me within 1 minute of taking a seat…not fresh, dried & reheated & not in the fryer. Chips were tough, tasted old & inedible, Cod slightly better but still lukewarm & old tasting…a waste of money, my time & any effort.

Normally supportive of any new business but I will not even post a photo of this disappointment.

The staff were friendly but did not understand why I did not like what was served; not their fault, they simply do as instructed. Quietly paid the bill & left the uneaten plate, on leaving I did apologise to the staff as it was not their fault.

8 hours ago, Petesie said:

7 hours ago, Farangkie said:

I had the same experience in the New Plaza shop a couple of weeks ago, my meal appeared as if by magic, within a couple of minutes.

I see someone posted something similar on FB and is being accused by the owner of being a liar with a fake account. 

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Breakfast Club Wars ???

2 hours ago, davidge said:

I see someone posted something similar on FB and is being accused by the owner of being a liar with a fake account. 

It was the exact same copy and paste from the first quote in your post :Whistle:

If it floats, flies or fucks, RENT IT!!!!! "He who hesitates, masturbates"

12 hours ago, Edge said:

Breakfast Club Wars ???

Nah.....fish and chips for breakfast that`s a no go....unless of course Bfast time for some is late afternoon :Laugh1:

1 minute ago, petermik said:

Nah.....fish and chips for breakfast that`s a no go....unless of course Bfast time for some is late afternoon :Laugh1:

I don't want to derail the thread, but there is definitely some shit being thrown about by the foodies and Ena's lad is copping some 'flack'.

Just now, Edge said:

I don't want to derail the thread, but there is definitely some shit being thrown about by the foodies and Ena's lad is copping some 'flack'.

Grandson actually Edge......:Laugh1: