IGNORED

Best Fish & Chips in Pattaya

onlyonetwo

On 24/09/2022 at 11:21, Greg_B said:

Years ago...it was very good here (gone but not forgotten)

I think you're going back to the days when we had Goose's and Jolly Friar was in its heyday, so no, Palmers was never the best but at least they offered Cod.

13 hours ago, jimboh said:

Just go to Maggie Mays, have a cold Guinness and they will order for you.

.................from Witherspoon's.      :unsure:

15 hours ago, jimboh said:

Just go to Maggie Mays, have a cold Guinness and they will order for you.

Order what/where?  They are no where near Treetown.  There are probably at least 30 different places at Treetown, each with their own menus.  Why that particular place vs the hundreds of other places around?  Do you have some affiliation?

Edited by Kale

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe not the best but Cod loin and good value as a Weds special at 179 Baht.

Edited by Edge

Edited by Edge

3 hours ago, Edge said:

Maybe not the best but Cod loin and good value as a Weds special at 179 Baht.

Sorry, couldn't make Add File work.

100038.jpg.c807793477add822aa242a4be9d41d6e.jpg

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Edge said:

Sorry, couldn't make Add File work.

100038.jpg.c807793477add822aa242a4be9d41d6e.jpg

From where??

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

42 minutes ago, stickyfingers said:

From where??

Oops sorry again.

Nicky's.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Edge said:

Oops sorry again.

Nicky's.

I shud have guessed with those horrible chips /wedges they serve still….surprised Dave n Debbie haven’t changed it by now….

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

6 hours ago, stickyfingers said:

I shud have guessed with those horrible chips /wedges they serve still….surprised Dave n Debbie haven’t changed it by now….

I actually prefer them to chips/fries from most places. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, stickyfingers said:

I certainly wouldn't describe them as "horrible", just more akin to fried/sauté potatoes and therefore not really chips in a traditional FnC sense....any more than garden peas are. 😁
In other dishes I quite like them.

I assume that it's evolved as their way of dealing with local potatoes, which many places struggle with, eg last time I went to Hemingway's they appeared to have resorted to frozen 'beef' chips.
Sharples doesn't offer my favourite ambience, but sometimes they do get the chips right, the way Jolly Friar did in the olden days.

• Like 3

Straight up I am a CC except for a few occasions, I am also previously a 2 week "millionaire" so unfortunately the majority of my meals have been the usual tourist fodder.

As trips went by my taste for Thai food increased but mainly at the "cheap end" e.g., street food, "English breakfast"555.

Fish and chips I have tried on a Friday in many places and never have found one to stand out at many prices, but so many times (when going "home alone") I really enjoyed "fish and chips" from the stall at the Baukhoa end of LKM. I notice it is still there so it must satisfy a need?

• Like 2

Sharples have bought Bentleys Bar & Restaurant on Pratumnak Soi 5 as a second location. Hope to be serving f&c there within a month.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Anyone know where these restaurants buy that nice haddock from? I prefer to cook my own?

4 minutes ago, splitpin said:

Anyone know where these restaurants buy that nice haddock from? I prefer to cook my own?

Most of them source their Cod and Haddock from a processing plant in Bkk.
It is the off cuts and tails.
Tails are not as tasty and have little/no flake.
The prime cuts are returned to Europe.
Can't help re' Haddock but Friendship has good quality Loin and full fillets of Cod.

On 12/10/2022 at 08:56, geezerrb said:

Fish and chips I have tried on a Friday in many places and never have found one to stand out at many prices, but so many times (when going "home alone") I really enjoyed "fish and chips" from the stall at the Baukhoa end of LKM. I notice it is still there so it must satisfy a need?

Mentioned positively many times before on this thread only for our connoisseur of fish and chips on the forum to knock it.....the fritters from there are excellent for soaking up the beer also :ThumbUp6:

On 12/10/2022 at 01:10, stickyfingers said:

I love the chips they serve in Nicky's, the best i think for fish and chips

Just had a delivery via Food Panda, who the f*** wraps fish and chips up in foil? To start with???

Everything about it was poor, the chips(not hand cut as expected) were under cooked, and the fish was terrible and soggy also tasteless, all went in the bin.

This is a well known expat established business in soi 13, I have the pics to prove what I have said

Wish I had gone to Sharples as the poster above, never had a bad one there

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

About to head to sharpies after my massage

Will report back.

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

On 12/10/2022 at 19:41, davidge said:

Sharples have bought Bentleys Bar & Restaurant on Pratumnak Soi 5 as a second location. Hope to be serving f&c there within a month.

Wow, that's amazing news, never spotted your post till just now, it's just round the corner from me

13 minutes ago, splitpin said:

Wow, that's amazing news, never spotted your post till just now, it's just round the corner from me

I think the bar is staying as it is, with the same owner, but Sharples have bought out the kitchen and will do their food there.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

1 hour ago, splitpin said:

Just had a delivery via Food Panda, who the f*** wraps fish and chips up in foil? To start with???

Everything about it was poor, the chips(not hand cut as expected) were under cooked, and the fish was terrible and soggy also tasteless, all went in the bin.

This is a well known expat established business in soi 13, I have the pics to prove what I have said

Wish I had gone to Sharples as the poster above, never had a bad one there

Might be helpful if you tell us where ur talking about 

On 14/10/2022 at 04:43, Kreggerz said:

Where can I get the best cod fish and chips in Jomtien?

Not the cheapest. The best.

Not that many options in Jomtien nowadays now Simons fish n chips has gone long ago.

Only places can think of I’d Hemingway’s or the new Irish pub that used to be Pig & Whistle??