Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Hot Resale At The Golden Tulip - Foreign Quota

far east

On 5/4/2017 at 10:24 PM, Saigonscot said:

Ok, did you use a solicitor for that? If so could you pls give me the details?

I understand Drew Noyes is available.

How much does it cost to paint a wall and move a crane to keep the sales coming in?

ummm

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, kent hansen said:

any update. Do the workers work now on the project?

well they were on the gable end again yesterday when i went by.................

may 20 040 (Custom).JPG

but while the site looks a lot cleaner and there are workers about it's such a big project i don't think right now there are enough of them

why paint 1 wall, when half the joint needa finishing? Scam

Sent from my SM-C5000 using Tapatalk

ummm

On 20/05/2017 at 12:03, striderman said:

well they were on the gable end again yesterday when i went by.................

may 20 040 (Custom).JPG

but while the site looks a lot cleaner and there are workers about it's such a big project i don't think right now there are enough of them

Thanks for the update.

• 2 weeks later...

maintenance at 50 baht is expensive

maintenance in my condo is a rip off 

Would this mean 50 Baht / m2 / month ?

Ask for a detailed budget and cost overview and you can judge....

Have fun !

Yes 50 is a lot, double my condo and 10x that in View Talay 1&2.

Try 45 baht per sqm per month across the road
At least golden tulip or should we say grand avenue will have separate pool & areas for condo buyers which will be apart from the hotel complex unlike it's sister complex across the road being the centara avenue which shares the pool & as yet to be built gym with hotel guests who have more power in what goes on then condo owners themselves
We are yet to get a chanote despite numerous promises & a deadline of 4th quarter 2015 . We are yet to get a gym or roof top gardens & we are yet to have a body corporate meeting where we have any say in anything

Still no word of chanotes for you? What do they say?

On 2017-4-6 at 2:55 PM, davidge said:

Way to young to remember it coming out but they are from Swansea 

I thought Steve Winwood was a brummie?

9 minutes ago, SLEUTH said:

I thought Steve Winwood was a brummie?

Spencer Davis is a Welsh musician and multi-instrumentalist, and the founder of the 1960s rock band The Spencer Davis Group. Wikipedia
Born: 17 July 1939 (age 77)Swansea

The band was named after him so good enough for me, regardless of who else was in it too. :GoldenSmile1:

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

5941913c7f3f9_june8023(Custom).JPG.c4b6044c0ff58f5b556917ea474ca334.JPG

5941915cdd727_june8024(Custom).JPG.f5292c77c0a6edca2a699b1e31573203.JPG

5941917c9f3b6_june8025(Custom).JPG.87a8f17cf233caaeacbd6961bbdd416c.JPG

59419258276e0_june12028(Custom).JPG.0232c86370680b5a6ad7b1e23668c256.JPG

showroom being demolished. i'm guessing to build the hotel unit

• Like 3

On 12/06/2017 at 10:15 PM, Blueydog said:

At least golden tulip or should we say grand avenue will have separate pool & areas for condo buyers which will be apart from the hotel complex unlike it's sister complex across the road being the centara avenue which shares the pool & as yet to be built gym with hotel guests who have more power in what goes on then condo owners themselves

Well, either the condo or the hotel must own the pool which presumably means that the other party is just borrowing it (and presumably paying some sort of fee). It should be possible to find out which it is.

On 12/06/2017 at 10:15 PM, Blueydog said:

We are yet to get a chanote despite numerous promises & a deadline of 4th quarter 2015 . We are yet to get a gym or roof top gardens & we are yet to have a body corporate meeting where we have any say in anything

You should get together with as many other co-owners as possible and have a meeting and form an ad-hoc committee. Take the signed voting results with copies of voter IDs to the Land Office and complain. Engage a Thai lawyer as a one-off to help you: it wont cost very much. If your building has been registered as a condominium then a GM must be held fairly promptly to decide rules and common fee payments and to appoint a committee and JPM and eventually a management company and anything else that co-owners care to do. The building accounts have to be presented at that meeting also. Dont let them walk over you.

The problem usually at this stage is that the developer still holds the majority of the votes . So in a AGM he can decide whatever he wants.

20 hours ago, Halfaboy said:

The problem usually at this stage is that the developer still holds the majority of the votes . So in a AGM he can decide whatever he wants.

No, he cant. The condo act clearly precludes any one voter from casting more votes than the total of all other voters.

OK, this is Thailand and that means corruption and trickery so there are ways to work around that rule, but even so the law is in your favour and if you present voting results that show that all co-owners apart from the developer want change then the land office and the courts are likely to pay attention if it comes to that. Normally it wont come to that.

4 hours ago, KittenKong said:

No, he cant. The condo act clearly precludes any one voter from casting more votes than the total of all other voters.

OK, this is Thailand and that means corruption and trickery so there are ways to work around that rule, but even so the law is in your favour and if you present voting results that show that all co-owners apart from the developer want change then the land office and the courts are likely to pay attention if it comes to that. Normally it wont come to that.

Yes but in this case I think the owners are waiting for their chanotes which the bank probably hold not the developer. I can't see any amount of complaining will make a bit of difference until debts are paid.

Edited by Gnorman

46 minutes ago, Gnorman said:

Yes but in this case I think the owners are waiting for their chanotes which the bank probably hold not the developer. I can't see any amount of complaining will make a bit of difference until debts are paid.

Maybe, maybe not. But if no one complains officially at all then it will probably just drag on and on and on indefinitely. Official complaints to the Land Office should get some sort of reaction and a proper explanation of the delay. Sending emails or letters to the developer will surely have no effect.

Co-owners have nothing to lose by complaining and everything to gain. So I suggest that they do so.

On 18/06/2017 at 09:21, Gnorman said:

Thanks as always for your photos striderman.

Yes, thank Striderman for the updates.

On 6/18/2017 at 3:21 PM, Gnorman said:

Thanks as always for your photos striderman.

the remains of the showroom yesterday..............

594dbba9b2c4f_june23013(Custom).JPG.7b36970510258f497157d6c7b70dab8a.JPG

594dbbc2ce06a_june23014(Custom).JPG.7fb4b1d5cd95eb8cba4674d347385d71.JPG

Good luck to all you guys. Maybe you should group together and employ @brutox as an adviser. Thing is dodgy developers do this all over the world, even in a highly regulated place like Australia. Risky buying off plan. Following with great interest.

• Like 2

On 6/13/2017 at 3:08 AM, Blueydog said:

2 months has been the standard answer for close to a year now . I no longer ask . Many have taken possession & living here despite the fact the bank still has the power to boot us in worst case scenario

I'm assuming the few people that have taken possession of their condos in the Centara Avenue development have obviously paid all their money in full, and have done so knowing they will probably not ever get their Chanote?

A friend rented a condo there earlier this year for a month. He said the Thai lady and older falang he rented the condo off had two condos available. He was going to book the same condo for Dec/Jan, they wanted cash up front not surprisingly. I told him to book if he wanted but don't pay, he was grateful once I told him why. He said it was like a ghost building inside, he was about the only one staying in his whole building and definitely the only one staying on his floor.  

It sounds a bit more promising for the condo owners across the Soi at the other development, but with new developers having taken over I'd be holding my breath I think.

Edited by Gnorman