IGNORED

Hot Resale At The Golden Tulip - Foreign Quota

far east

11 minutes ago, aussielongboat said:

to me looks like a site that's just about to be mothballed.

they want to get all the shit out of the way before they fence it off.

I would agree with you if all the signage hadn't just gone up, plus no one here would spend money clearing it before it was fenced off. 

3 minutes ago, Gnorman said:

I would agree with you if all the signage hadn't just gone up, plus no one here would spend money clearing it before it was fenced off. 

I didn't know about the signage - I thought they would just clear the shit out to stop people starting fires, dogs hanging around or people living there.

anyhow speculation on my part - I will have a look at the end of the month.

but I stayed nearby last September and it looked pretty much the same then.

I can't see what would have changed to motivate a restart.

3 minutes ago, aussielongboat said:

I didn't know about the signage - I thought they would just clear the shit out to stop people starting fires, dogs hanging around or people living there.

anyhow speculation on my part - I will have a look at the end of the month.

but I stayed nearby last September and it looked pretty much the same then.

I can't see what would have changed to motivate a restart.

Pretty much nothing had happened for months on the site. Then last month new signage was put up on the office for a new company, and now clearance work has been done looking like construction is about to restart.

1 hour ago, Gnorman said:

Pretty much nothing had happened for months on the site. Then last month new signage was put up on the office for a new company, and now clearance work has been done looking like construction is about to restart.

The waterfront sales office has a demolition order from Pattaya City Hall..   received in Feb 2017...

They're obviously trying to squeeze whatever blood they can from the unsuspecting before it all comes crashing down...

47 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Any muppet thinking of buying one?

There are always muppets around, hence New Nordic.

• Like 3

On 4/5/2017 at 6:53 PM, striderman said:

nothing new today at the site.

still closed with no workers but the showroom was open if you should care to invest

I think I'm gonna go in and ask if I can just live in one of the showrooms. at least I will feel like I got something for the 2mill+ baht I have already pissed away invested with them :) 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, fearless butterfly said:

I think I'm gonna go in and ask if I can just live in one of the showrooms. at least I will feel like I got something for the 2mill+ baht I have already pissed away invested with them :) 

Have you asked them about the status of your current contract?

7 hours ago, Saigonscot said:

Have you asked them about the status of your current contract?

I have sent notice stating that i wish to have it terminated under the clause which says if it's not finished within 36 months of commencement, buyer can give notice that if the project is not complete in 30 days time he can terminate contract, and get all money back plus 2% interest.... Don't have the exact date when it started, but even factoring in the very late start, it's been over 36 months I believe. Not yet got reply. 

1 minute ago, fearless butterfly said:

I have sent notice stating that i wish to have it terminated under the clause which says if it's not finished within 36 months of commencement, buyer can give notice that if the project is not complete in 30 days time he can terminate contract, and get all money back plus 2% interest.... Don't have the exact date when it started, but even factoring in the very late start, it's been over 36 months I believe. Not yet got reply. 

Ok, did you use a solicitor for that? If so could you pls give me the details?

1 minute ago, Saigonscot said:

Ok, did you use a solicitor for that? If so could you pls give me the details?

will PM you...

10 hours ago, fearless butterfly said:

The original developer with which you contracted is apparently in no position to honour those refund terms therefore at best you become just another creditor. Also I note that even to become a valid creditor you would need to file your paperwork with the court promptly (apparently this is NOT automatic), and one lawyer is charging 200kB to do this as part of a group action (though this price is probably way over the top). Even if the project is sold on to another developer they would surely not be liable for the refund terms of the earlier developer.

Good luck with it anyway.

clean up action i spotted a couple of days ago........

may 5 003 (Custom).JPG

may 5 004 (Custom).JPG

42 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

The original developer with which you contracted is apparently in no position to honour those refund terms therefore at best you become just another creditor. Also I note that even to become a valid creditor you would need to file your paperwork with the court promptly (apparently this is NOT automatic), and one lawyer is charging 200kB to do this as part of a group action (though this price is probably way over the top). Even if the project is sold on to another developer they would surely not be liable for the refund terms of the earlier developer.

Good luck with it anyway.

Correct me if I am wrong, I think this is the first mention of a class action against Tulip with this development. I understand there is one against them with their Jomtien and Bali Hai developments but hadn't heard about this Soi 15 development.

Have the guys that have posted on this thread that own condos in this development heard about this class action?

9 minutes ago, Gnorman said:

Correct me if I am wrong, I think this is the first mention of a class action against Tulip with this development. I understand there is one against them with their Jomtien and Bali Hai developments but hadn't heard about this Soi 15 development.

Have the guys that have posted on this thread that own condos in this development heard about this class action?

I got a highly recommended Bangkok women lawyer when I brought a penthouse on the lower building at waterfront.   She kicked ass and I got a lean on the lot in the middle of it.  I got all my money back and 7% interest, and with the exchange rate made more

I would rather have the condo though

today the crane nearest to the showroom was in action.

They pulling it down?

Sent from my SM-C5000 using Tapatalk

ummm

1 minute ago, Swinga said:

They pulling it down?

Sent from my SM-C5000 using Tapatalk

no just lifting all those deposits from the top floor safe

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, hauhinbin said:

no just lifting all those deposits from the top floor safe

555 that did that long ago, i'm not allowed to call jews jews here, were only only allowed to call thais thai

• Like 2

ummm

10 hours ago, Gnorman said:

For the class action I was talking about the Waterfront development. Sorry if I wasnt clear. It actually seems to be a judicial restructuring that may allow the company to continue trading, though I doubt it.

If it comes to the crunch with the other development then one would expect the terms to be similar or worse and either way the refund guarantee is worthless if the company has few assets.

farkin hooray. Some took the ladder off the hook, haha

ummm

On 5/5/2017 at 6:49 PM, Swinga said:

555 that did that long ago, i'm not allowed to call jews jews here, were only only allowed to call thais thai

Wow.

• Like 1

On 06/05/2017 at 03:45, striderman said:

friday afternoon

may 6 006 (Custom).JPG

the kraken wakes

may 6 007 (Custom).JPG

may 6 008 (Custom).JPG

Well, it's a start. I look forward to your next instalment :-)

On 5/9/2017 at 0:56 AM, Saigonscot said:

Well, it's a start. I look forward to your next instalment :-)

may 10 003 (Custom).JPG

the 2nd crane has moved in the last day or so, first time since approx end of feb

may 10 005 (Custom).JPG

may 10 029 (Custom).JPG

workers today starting to paint one of the condo blocks gable end. beginning from the bottom rather than the top and working down is a bit unusual but any work being done is a step forward