IGNORED

Hot Resale At The Golden Tulip - Foreign Quota

far east

9 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Not exactly a sea view

The room price was heavily discounted and it's slap bang next to all the action in LK...so I wasn't expecting a sea-view :rolleyes:

Cup half empty = not exactly a sea-view

Cup half full = nice and quiet

We all see the world through our own eyes :D

• Like 2

On 3/28/2017 at 0:44 AM, silverbird said:

Hi..

I bought (paid 65% already)  a unit in this project Golden Tulip Residence opposite Centara azure hotel near Avenue.

Now the construction has stalled and heard rumours that Nova group will take over...I am really getting nervous ..

If there are any other members who are involved in this projects, it would be great if you could provide any update or any information.

first off i am not involved in this project in any way but i'm out walking most days and walking by this site is quite a regular event.

bad news. there was a very small workforce on site till i think about early march but since then a total shut down.

no workers on site neither have the 2 tower cranes moved position at all. i photographed their positions about the first week in march and they have not shifted.

went past as recently as yesterday, showroom open and a very nice porche cayenne was in the car park along with asstd other vehicles.

yesterday................march 28 002 (Custom).JPG

now let me dig up some more from earlier in the month

march 7 031 (Custom).JPG

above march 7th and i noticed the site appeared dead. those gates above have since been fitted with an anti camera screen

march 8 010 (Custom).JPG

above the rear view march 8th............dead

in the opening post the block on the left of pic above is designated building C on the plan

march 8th suspecting the site was at a standstill i took the time to circle the entire development on foot to listen out for any noise from workers who may have been beavering away out of site.................but nothing.

march 13 001 (Custom).JPG

crane 1

above and below march 13th and i decided to photo the 2 cranes to see any movement as i cannot be there all day every day

march 13 004 (Custom).JPG

crane 2

march 14 027 (Custom).JPG

above march 14 and window frame pile remains untouched

march 18 015 (Custom).JPG

above by march 18th anti photo screen fitted...............but you cannot hide 2 tower cranes

Edited by striderman
  • Like 2

in contrast here is a view showing part of 1 of the golden tulip condos as seen from buakaow with the holiday inn express site in the foreground.............

building unit B in the plan shown in the opening post

march 2 022 (Custom).JPG

above march 2nd

march 28 001 (Custom).JPG

above taken 26 days later on the 28th.

note top right of pic, the crane i have termed number 1 is in the same position as it was in my photo of march 13th

Edited by striderman
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, ingo67 said:

No activity since around Christmas time.

there was some but not very much.

looking at the pic posted by lottellee winna taken feb while the site looks the same the crane position is i think different

On 8/5/2016 at 7:33 AM, far east said:

Developers completion date is Q4 2017.

that ain't gonna happen

and i very much doubt far east or far-east will be on here any time soon to explain

Edited by striderman

The room price was heavily discounted and it's slap bang next to all the action in LK...so I wasn't expecting a sea-view :rolleyes:
Cup half empty = not exactly a sea-view
Cup half full = nice and quiet
We all see the world through our own eyes [emoji3]

Looking at a building site from your hotel can't be good especially if people pay full rate, even discounted. If you have a poor view you might as well stay somewhere else. A poor view is a poor view doesn't matter how full your glass is.

Since i went backpacking a long time ago I'm quite happy with a cheaper room AC, good location, good security, quiet etc, my hotel is 12,000 a month and great value all round. Paying 20k+ a month seems like newbie mistake that loads of guys do.

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Looking at a building site from your hotel can't be good especially if people pay full rate, even discounted. If you have a poor view you might as well stay somewhere else. A poor view is a poor view doesn't matter how full your glass is.

When a hotel discounts it's rates by 50%, there is usually a reason for it. I felt that looking onto a (deathly quiet) building site wasn't a problem. Others of course wouldn't want to have to put up with this view.

To each their own :)

• Like 2

i sit out on my balcony every day and have not seen the cranes move for 3mths,the only activity i've seen is at the  soi buakhao entry.

i sit out on my balcony every day and have not seen the cranes move for 3mths,the only activity i've seen is at the  soi buakhao entry.

That soi buakhao entry, is that still Tulip or is it holiday inn express?

strider, whats that sign? they changed the name?

ummm

5 minutes ago, Swinga said:

strider, whats that sign? they changed the name?

i took the nova pic back in july 2016 on buakaow just short of the site.

i think there is a site office round the back.

there can be asstd company joint ventures without 1 owning the other.

tulip have used centara hotels in their promo but the centara position is they will run the place when it opens having been built by tulip. it gets complicated and i don't pretend to understand all the connections

On 3/29/2017 at 10:39 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Since i went backpacking a long time ago I'm quite happy with a cheaper room AC, good location, good security, quiet etc, my hotel is 12,000 a month and great value all round. Paying 20k+ a month seems like newbie mistake that loads of guys do.

12.000 monfhly..on year base?

what hotel sir?location ok..

On 3/28/2017 at 6:19 PM, Swinga said:

The Nova group have sent letters trying to finance the project essentially trying to mortgage your non built condo yet. The current/former owner has not stuck there heads up to face customers. Weak little men they are, with fat wallets from screwing people. Kobi Elbaz is spending your money in Macau. I'm sure a Thai style accident may happen. You can't rip off that many people and walk this earth.

somebody or some group was putting up new signs yesterday at the showroom

march 4 016 (Custom).JPG

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

So what does this all mean?

It means if you 'bought' a condo at the development through Tulip then you are in all likelihood screwed.

• Like 2

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

nothing new today at the site.

still closed with no workers but the showroom was open if you should care to invest

It means if you 'bought' a condo at the development through Tulip then you are in all likelihood screwed.

If that is true then anyone buying an unfinished condo or off plan must be bonkers. I'm interesting in the Centara story also, let's see if chanotes are eventually transferred.
  • Like 2

little off topioc but I know a chap who bought a new Nordic condo at pratumnak, 3 year ago and he still hasn't had chanote, he keeps asking but they give him some excuse everytime,lol.but he does get his 10% rental agreement on time.

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

If that is true then anyone buying an unfinished condo or off plan must be bonkers. I'm interesting in the Centara story also, let's see if chanotes are eventually transferred.

8 minutes ago, paulyd2k said:

little off topioc but I know a chap who bought a new Nordic condo at pratumnak, 3 year ago and he still hasn't had chanote, he keeps asking but they give him some excuse everytime,lol.but he does get his 10% rental agreement on time.

If the developer keeps the chanotes they can use the condos as collateral for their loans/debts on that or other projects.

Until the chanote is in the buyer's name they would have little chance of keeping the condo if the developer went bust.

• Like 2

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

that pic in the post by pauly

the shells of the buildings are what we have on the ground right now. the building across the front foreground is the intended hotel and right now where the showroom is standing

Edited by striderman