IGNORED

Hot Resale At The Golden Tulip - Foreign Quota

far east

letters have been sent to buyers I just heard , asking to sign regarding the finishing date etc, ,not fully filled in but a little reassuring

12 hours ago, brutox said:

I just did a quick check of Golden Tulip Residences on one of the more useful property referral web sites .. https://www.hipflat.co.th/en/pattaya/condo/golden-tulip-hotel-and-residence.

On this web site alone, 334 unit buyers are trying to sell out of the project .. roughly 43% of the total units.

There are even 13 unit buyers at Waterfront trying to get out from beneath their units .. https://www.hipflat.co.th/en/pattaya/condo/waterfront-suites-residences .. these guys are probably desperate to find unsuspecting innocents upon whom to dump these albatrosses.

With no more disclosures than they make, these sellers might be close to committing fraud in a regulated market .. but, I guess that is the beauty of being a developer or property agent in Thailand, eh?

At least they are honest about one thing - they said the estimated gross rental yield was 0%.

Edited by chris2004
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, chris2004 said:

At least they are honest about one thing - they said the estimated gross rental yield was 0%.

maybe not, might be a minus

17 hours ago, brutox said:

Hey, fearless butterfly .. I'd like to offer a point of clarification.

The Tulip Hotel at which you stayed in BKK is operated by the Golden Tulip Hotel, not Pattaya's notorious Tulip Group .. for some years now, I've known the Golden Tulip Group MD, who just seethed when I asked if they were in any way associated with the notorious Tulip Group of Pattaya infamy.

He claims that the MD of the notorious Tulip Group selected their name to purposely deceive people into believing they are the same company .. blood could have shot out of his eyes at the mere mention of these guys.

Golden Tulip Group operates the Golden Tulip Essential Hotel in Pattaya (along with 230+ hotels in 45+ countries) .. you could be forgiven for thinking they are the same company, much to the advantage of the notorious Tulip Group .. and the disadvantage of the reputable Golden Tulip Group from whom they steal their hard earned reputation.

Yeh that's bullshit. As M.D himself or predecessors,  let his Brand (golden tulip) sign up for management rights under dodgy brother brand Tulip group pattaya. Golden tulip brand at the time was managed by locals marketers.

He may have regretted his error in judgement like centara, but either way he still jumped in bed with them. A 200bht  short time cost him nothing. Sold off to starwood and then the chinese he couldn't care.

ummm

21 hours ago, brutox said:

Hey, fearless butterfly .. I'd like to offer a point of clarification.

The Tulip Hotel at which you stayed in BKK is operated by the Golden Tulip Hotel, not Pattaya's notorious Tulip Group .. for some years now, I've known the Golden Tulip Group MD, who just seethed when I asked if they were in any way associated with the notorious Tulip Group of Pattaya infamy.

He claims that the MD of the notorious Tulip Group selected their name to purposely deceive people into believing they are the same company .. blood could have shot out of his eyes at the mere mention of these guys.

Golden Tulip Group operates the Golden Tulip Essential Hotel in Pattaya (along with 230+ hotels in 45+ countries) .. you could be forgiven for thinking they are the same company, much to the advantage of the notorious Tulip Group .. and the disadvantage of the reputable Golden Tulip Group from whom they steal their hard earned reputation.

http://www.pattayacityresidence.com/gthotels.php

So the Golden Tulip hotel group hitched it's wagon the the Tulip Group and have come unstuck like so many others?

Why would they, along with Centara hotels, get into bed with such a shonky construction group in the first place?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Blueydog said:

It is not just the Golden Tulip  or rather the Grand avenue buyers who need to worry . We across the road are all very concerned also with most ,except perhaps thai buyers not having their chanote . I am yet to meet 1 person who has their title in possession despite it being 15 months overdue & many having already paid 100 %

There is still no gymnasium or roof top gardens & i would have to say many things stated in the contract either don't exist or fall far short on quality .Had the same answer for up to a year now . standard answer is 2 months . You get no response from emails & if you go over the road the 2 big men try to hide in their office . Disgusting & disgusted

Wow that sounds bad. I got my chanote within a week when i bought my condo. Sounds like they have sold the condos twice and someone else (the bank) has ownership.

Buying off plan different with Russian roulette is : Russ.Roulette is with 1 bullet in the chamber , while buying off plan in Pattaya is with only 1  chamber empty ......:unsure:

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

21 hours ago, Blueydog said:

Yeah, Blueydog, I could have been more clear .. international hotel operator Golden Tulip hotels was placed on the tiger's back by the notorious local Tulip Group (just as the Centara Group) .. the Golden Tulip Hotel's MD's complaint is how inextricably bound the two are purposely portrayed by Tulip Group's media releases and marketing pieces .. still, was it a mistake? .. his mistake? .. oh, yeah .. I am sure the corporate guys back in Paris kicked his 'nads about the conference room pretty good.

Interestingly enough, Blueydog, the Pattaya Today link you cite above appears as an authentic business news report, authored by Jason P. Payne .. this guy is none other than Vice President of the notorious local Tulip Group .. deceptive advertorial .. no surprise, I guess .. positioning the (supposedly reputable) local media to stand in front of them.

Hindsight is unforgiving of such egregious mistakes as getting into bed with guys as these .. and now the Golden Tulip hotel brand in Pattaya, and perhaps beyond, is damaged .. fearless butterfly mistook the Golden Tulip hotel operated property at which he stayed in BKK as owned by the notorious local Tulip Group .. Golden Tulip hotels operates the Golden Tulip Essential Pattaya hotel, which I believe has no relationship to these slime balls, but could now be easily mistaken as a part of this disgusting bunch.

Disreputable companies hiding behind reputable companies and people is as old as the hills, and still a common practice here .. the notorious local Tulip Group hired well-known Boom Wongphudee, the popular former Miss Thailand, as their spokesperson to stand for them ... bad news for her .. http://www.bangkokpost.com/archive/buyers-of-centara-residence-condo-file-lawsuit/1210437 .. that must have damaged her brand value in the public's eye.

Edited by brutox

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Saigonscot said:

Any updates on this project? Thanks.

at a total standstill since the beginning of march

ok. i checked today to be sure and no working going on. but a falang i know with eyes on the site reckoned a series of builders had been round to inspect the place so work may well resume at some time under nova rather than tulip. where that leaves existing investors i have no idea

3 hours ago, striderman said:

ok. i checked today to be sure and no working going on. but a falang i know with eyes on the site reckoned a series of builders had been round to inspect the place so work may well resume at some time under nova rather than tulip. where that leaves existing investors i have no idea

That's great! Thanks for the update.

On 05/04/2017 at 4:53 PM, striderman said:

nothing new today at the site.

still closed with no workers but the showroom was open if you should care to invest

Lol, can you check how long the queue is?

• Like 2

Just a thought but can't all you guys who have bought of plan group together. And hire a lawyer to find out what is going on.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Harry Brown said:

Lol, can you check how long the queue is?

Up to now it's been a far-queue. 

Edited by Gnorman
  • Like 1

Although this is just a repeat of what has occurred in so many places, for some it has had a positive effect. there are many properties changing ownership with vast profits being made and in the rental market it has not eroded rental demands and those willing to pay. 

5 hours ago, geezerrb said:

Although this is just a repeat of what has occurred in so many places, for some it has had a positive effect. there are many properties changing ownership with vast profits being made and in the rental market it has not eroded rental demands and those willing to pay. 

????????

I've never known the rental market be so quiet. Many empty condos and owners absolutely desperate to find tenants.

Rents are very low in most places & asking prices for those selling condos (other than a couple of buildings) have fallen considerably.

• Like 2

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

A friend said he walked past yesterday for a look, he reported to me that a lot of clean up of rubbish and building materials from the last contractors was happening, truck loads being removed. 

So maybe preparing for building continuation. 

1 hour ago, Gnorman said:

A friend said he walked past yesterday for a look, he reported to me that a lot of clean up of rubbish and building materials from the last contractors was happening, truck loads being removed. 

i will scope the site later today

7 hours ago, Gnorman said:

today...................

april 29 009 (Custom).JPG

april 29 010 (Custom).JPG

yep there has been a clean up

april 29 011 (Custom).JPG

april 29 013 (Custom).JPG

april 29 014 (Custom).JPG

• Like 2

Well, it's a step in the right direction. Thanks again for the update!

7 minutes ago, Saigonscot said:

Well, it's a step in the right direction. Thanks again for the update!

i went by today there were a few workers about, first time i've seen any in 2 months but it still looked like clean up operations and the 2 cranes were still idle

Yep, My friend went in to enquire last week and they said they are going to honour previous contracts, but I think a visit myself may be in order.Just can't seem to get anything in writing at the moment!

to me looks like a site that's just about to be mothballed.

they want to get all the shit out of the way before they fence it off.