IGNORED

Hot Resale At The Golden Tulip - Foreign Quota

far east

3 minutes ago, jetdoc said:

I really like the development and if not needing to use the garage area no problem

It's in a great location -  easy walk to Soi Boomerang,  Lengkee, LK Metro, Chaiyapoon etc.  and baht buses on Second road and Soi Buakhao.

I really like the look of the swimming pools too, provided they keep them clean.  Would certainly consider staying there on a future visit.

• Like 3

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

25 minutes ago, The Danimal said:

A complete shithole?  Great facilities and units...never had a leak personally there and am on the top floor.  I will agree 10000% about the dodgy agents.  Was actually thinking about starting a thread about this.  Had two steal money from their companies and two more sketchy ones I have dealt with.  Thankfully avoided any loss myself...a miracle actually.  Reported them all to the main office and jurisdiction office.  Curious if this is more due to COVID and desperation or the norm?  I didn't have these issues pre-Covid.  Would love to hear some of your agents that should be banned/avoided if you are willing to share.  Next time I am looking to use Liberty or the company located in Avenue Mall.

You know the area well...so I trust your opinion...but not sure there are plenty more convenient locations...especially that are as nice?

I’m going to see how it plays out and lots of other people are having problems there now, but the mood I’m in I have no interest whatsoever in going back to live there. 
got sick of how everything is so cheap and broken and the flipping fire alarm going off every 30 mins and the weirdo security staff 

Maybe I’ll calm down after a few drinks when it’s all open again 

19 minutes ago, jetdoc said:

I really like the development and if not needing to use the garage area no problem but we have truck so looking in Pratumnak area. Properties she buys in Pattaya are for our visits and after the BBQ hopefully rental property to help her out. The Base and Peak Towers will appeal to two totally different types of renters I would think.

Agreed...REALLY didn't like The Base..felt crampwd and didn't like the amenities or ability to get in and out quickly...no idea about Peak Towers

Edited by The Danimal

5 minutes ago, Gonetothedogs said:

I’m going to see how it plays out and lots of other people are having problems there now, but the mood I’m in I have no interest whatsoever in going back to live there. 
got sick of how everything is so cheap and broken and the flipping fire alarm going off every 30 mins and the weirdo security staff 

Maybe I’ll calm down after a few drinks when it’s all open again 

I was there a lot over the final year (probably about 50% of the time) before they opened and was one of the first to get keys and papers....so maybe my place just got put together a little more solid.  I had my share of minor issues to start...but they fixed everything ASAP and well.

Is anyone else having issues with the agents in Pattaya?

30 minutes ago, The Danimal said:

Is anyone else having issues with the agents in Pattaya?

The agent I used also lives in GA. She's been very helpful so far (a bit chaotic, at times. But handled my TM30, for example.) I pay directly to the owner. Very happy with the place. 
The agent I used before to hook up a stay at Unixx was nice as well. So far, no worries.

• Like 1

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

• 1 year later...

Seems the owners have finally formed a committee and will be pursuing the rooftop gardens, pool bar/hot tub, financial transparancy, selection of juristic manager as well as the hotel...which is currently for sale for any use.  Stay tuned....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, The Danimal said:

Seems the owners have finally formed a committee and will be pursuing the rooftop gardens, pool bar/hot tub, financial transparancy, selection of juristic manager as well as the hotel...which is currently for sale for any use.  Stay tuned....

*transparency...

On 07/02/2023 at 10:17, The Danimal said:

Even though roof top garden will increase traffic for us 8th floor folks, thinking a worthwhile project, pool bar more hotel/resort thing and causes concern. Never been in a hot tub with any clothes on so not for me, but some will like.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jetdoc said:

Even though roof top garden will increase traffic for us 8th floor folks, thinking a worthwhile project, pool bar more hotel/resort thing and causes concern. Never been in a hot tub with any clothes on so not for me, but some will like.

I agree...too hot for rooftop lounging IMO...I'd happily take some baht back as a concession if offered.  Now having a Hilton or Marriott property out front as was promised vs a lot of shops or what not...I think that significantly increases the desirability and value.  I also think it's beyond fucked that they haven't shared financials yet.  That being said...fo the 3K/month CAM/HOA we pay I think it is being run well.  

I will also state I was one of the first to get a key/chanote/serviced when something went wrong...so do I chance disturbing what isn't broken by voting against the devleoper essentially?  I think you have to as I don't want 1)a Family Mart out front, 2)think we deserve something for the things that were promised and never given (hot tub/pool/bar/rooftop oasis) and 3)I think no way should that guy be able to sell the land on 15 without our approval or serious compensation to original owners.  Very high hopes...not super realistic....and I get TIT...but I am happy some residents are pushing back TBH.  I think we will get some wins in the end.

18 hours ago, The Danimal said:

Hilton or Marriott property out front as was promised

Edited by jetdoc
locked up - couldn't complete

Just now, jetdoc said:
18 hours ago, The Danimal said:

Hilton or Marriott property out front as was promised

Retired airplane mechanic

image.thumb.jpeg.c7cbf67f537ed8616949d903ba9d691a.jpeg

When a property is represented as such, maybe pool bar rooftop garden could be dusted off as "architect poetic license" but a structure as shown at minimum false advertisement and very possible a liability for developer. Just mechanic logic.

3 hours ago, jetdoc said:

Retired airplane mechanic

image.thumb.jpeg.c7cbf67f537ed8616949d903ba9d691a.jpeg

When a property is represented as such, maybe pool bar rooftop garden could be dusted off as "architect poetic license" but a structure as shown at minimum false advertisement and very possible a liability for developer. Just mechanic logic.

You are correct @jetdoc but Thai regulations and jurisprudence are decades+ behind to what you might be accustomed .. keep in mind, this is not like back home.. at all. 

Thai developers formerly directed their architects and marketing consultants to advertise their projects with highly embellished renderings, taking great liberties. 

With no regulations to compel honest business practices, unethical developers went way too far, to a point of overt deception.. it was just laughable.. featuring brands falsely associated with the project (Starbucks, Hilton, Marriott, Nike, Virgin Fitness, etc.), non-existant sea views, verdent parks on their adjoining sites (where there were actually highrises), magestic mountains on the horizon.. 555

Deceived complainants buried the Thai Office of Consumer Protection Board (CPB). 

The outcry became so loud that consumer protection regulations to prevent this deceptive advertising were adopted.

Developers showcasing these features in their brochures, advertisements, etc. are now held accountable to delivering on what they graphically represent to buyers.

This might be why the developer is finally forced into building the amenities they depict in their brochures. 

Do any buyers there know if government intervention was brought to bear on the developer?.. @The Danimal?.. any idea? 

• Like 2

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

28 minutes ago, brutox said:

but Thai regulations and jurisprudence are decades+ behind to what you might be accustomed .. keep in mind, this is not like back home.. at all. 

Quite aware of the ongoing thing down by the boat harbor and it seems nobody winning. But hey only been retired here for 18 years and this is only the fourth property the wife has bought - so still learning. ;o)

12 hours ago, brutox said:

You are correct @jetdoc but Thai regulations and jurisprudence are decades+ behind to what you might be accustomed .. keep in mind, this is not like back home.. at all. 

Thai developers formerly directed their architects and marketing consultants to advertise their projects with highly embellished renderings, taking great liberties. 

With no regulations to compel honest business practices, unethical developers went way too far, to a point of overt deception.. it was just laughable.. featuring brands falsely associated with the project (Starbucks, Hilton, Marriott, Nike, Virgin Fitness, etc.), non-existant sea views, verdent parks on their adjoining sites (where there were actually highrises), magestic mountains on the horizon.. 555

Deceived complainants buried the Thai Office of Consumer Protection Board (CPB). 

The outcry became so loud that consumer protection regulations to prevent this deceptive advertising were adopted.

Developers showcasing these features in their brochures, advertisements, etc. are now held accountable to delivering on what they graphically represent to buyers.

This might be why the developer is finally forced into building the amenities they depict in their brochures. 

Do any buyers there know if government intervention was brought to bear on the developer?.. @The Danimal?.. any idea? 

Hey @brutox...glad you chimed in as I like to get your take on theses things.   I don't know about any previous govt interverntion as all things have been running fairly smooth so far with the few exceptions noted above.....and all of these mentioned amenities were not just in the renderings but in all of the flyers & brochures.  I do think the newly created (and regularly e=meeting) HOA is looking into all of their options so stay tuned!

• 2 weeks later...

Had cause to be at The Base today and took this pic of GA.

image.thumb.jpeg.2b9aafd80d0edd7dd70e5ab3fdabbb85.jpeg 

Never noticed the green runners on roof tops before, maybe planing social areas there as advertised.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, jetdoc said:

Had cause to be at The Base today and took this pic of GA.

image.thumb.jpeg.2b9aafd80d0edd7dd70e5ab3fdabbb85.jpeg 

Never noticed the green runners on roof tops before, maybe planing social areas there as advertised.

Interesting....it also looks a lot more cleaned up than I ever remember seeing it.

Two things I care about most at his point....getting financial transparency (I think this will happen)...and making sure something nice is built out front that enhances 15 and improves/maintains value for GA (we will see).  The rooftop would be nice...but would rarely use it even with adequate shade.