Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Starting a new go go with major changes. Tired of walking prices

ChaosAgogo

Think you missed my point about LD prices

If the same price as LadyDrinks all the cashier has to do is ring up a customer drink as a LadyDrink.

Customer is expecting to pay 100 baht for his drink and does pay 100 baht for his drink so no complaints there but YOU pay out an extra 50 baht

LadyDrink prices should never be the same as any other drink price.

Also if 100 baht drinks a customer is less likely to leave a tip meaning the service staff earn less

If your manager is going to be taking care of the customers tending the dance rotation queuing up music and requests organizing the shows the Australians have a saying "He is busier than a one armed Sydney taxi driver with the crabs"

This is Kind of basic stuff

My Thai Girlfriend says having a small Dick shouldn’t be a problem in a relationship I still wish she didn’t have one though!

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brian, I have been in Glass House a few times when you were runing the bar and we have chatted before. At that time, Glass House was great. Fresh hot girls but speak only a little English, haha! You offered discount cards and free t-shirts to customers. Since your Japanese partners took over the bar, I have never stepped foot in Glass House anymore. I will be in Pattaya early next month but go home before February. I will miss the chance to see your bar.

Are you still in real estate business or you put 100% of your time in this new gogo? I think you have learned the lesson and don't have any partners this time, right? Anyway, I wish you luck and I will see you next time when I am in town.

This answers a question I was concerned about.

Brian, your idea sounds great and I will certainly drop in during February.

My concern was that I visited Glasshouse and found it one of the worst Go-Gos I had ever been in.

If you were responsible for it, then I would not have gone to the new place. I see from above that you probably ran a good concern before your Japanese friends came along.

Good luck with your new venture and will give it a shot.

For sure I'll take a look.

Some bars forgot the principle that they can make more money with quantity rather than few pricey drinks.

I think the concept is a great one  :GoldenSmile1: 

No mamasan, great as long as your on site management keep the girls active. The only actual reason to have a mamasan is that they bring girls, as you already have them you dont need one.

No discount card would be better, just the same prices for everyone as these really do attract the Cheap Charlie,s and with  low prices they certainly wont need further encouragement. LK really is a magnet for them, 2 hours and one draught beer and no one wants to sit near them as they just look so miserable and they always seem to sit at tables, not on stools by the stage so having one loses you several seats.

The stripping sounds great !

Not all the girls will go with customers, those who don't should have a badge saying "Hostess"  or perhaps girls who don't go should have red badges and those who do have green ones 

As customers we really should know where we stand so pointing out from the start which girls don't go is only fair, personally if a "no go" girl was nice and friendly and good company I would be quite happy to buy her a few drinks.

I will still be here in February and promise to visit.

I wish your new business venture every success :GoldenSmile1:

BBB

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

Yes I agree not the exact same price good idea. Will make different. We will have many cameras to hopefully prevent theft. About different colors for those that will or will not go with customers ,yes will do by wrist band color. Thanks brian

By the way changed name from glasshouse 888 to chaos a go

Go since no longer affiliated with glasshouse

I was at Glass house last night and the prices were ridiclious...

BAR FINES

- Agency girl B2,000

-Normal girl B1,500

DRINKS

- Beer B150

- LD B220!

Crazy!

We will have an expat member card for all repeat customers . The prices will be fixed member cards will be free. A theme yes we will have. One idea and let me know what you think.  Many times when I'm at a go go i see girls who look average in a bikini, Than someone bar fines them and they come down and look so hot. I have an Idea to start the dance in their regular clothes  and strip down to a bikini, and than topless by the end of their 20 minute set. Any thoughts on this? Than you will know what the lady will look like when you bar fine her.

Yes it's a great idea. Good luck with your new venture, I'll in Patts late jan hopefully u r in operational.

Its going to be july before i get the chance to visit,and i have every intention of doing so,but by then it will either be a thriving popular bar or just another one that falls by the wayside.I genuinely do hope it all goes well as it sounds a good concept, and with you having experience in this field the chances are good,all the best!

add a happy hour with bottled beer

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

I don't know shit about how to run a bar,but I have asked myself this question many times...

why the hell are there so many staff employed everywhere??

If you cut the staff,not in half,but as much as they are occupied almost all night,and pay them a little more,

you will probably also make more profit.I understand this may be difficult with "lazy thai people" (no offense)

but isn't it worth a try? An example is Sensations WS with sometimes as much as four mamasans working...

Do they really need that many? Maybe two and three when its very busy??

Just my opinion about that matter.....I am no expert here.

I will take a swing at explaining this one

firstly in ye olden days mamasans brought with them a cadre of girls as I understand doesn't happen so much these days but staff used to be a mixture of walk in's and girls who went with the Mamasan.

Take sensations a bar with over 100 girls and staff within a mostly half hour period they turn up and clock in just this generates a lot of admin deductions for late adding the number of ladydrinks Off's etc did they meet quota if not cuts and every day 4 or 5 salaries need to be calculated minus any advances.

During opening hours dance rotation has to be assigned then monitored to make sure girls are not forgetting to dance and maybe changed if one shift has a lot of off's. In the case of gogo's with shows Mamsans will also do that since obviously some girls will be barfined or just not there so they make substitutes.

As mentioned some girls don't speak a lot of English so mamasan's also act as translator's and negotiators

BTW for those who have been requested to pay up front in bars Customers not paying the girls for service especially those young and inexperienced does actually happen so don't be offended when you are asked especially if you are not a known face. Most of the time it is just the girl is worried. Though to be fair sometimes it is because the mamasan has lent the girl money and wants to get it back.

During opening hours they take care of any little problems fights or arguments between the girls drunk girls theft wrong drinks more importantly they make sure staff are actually doing their jobs or haven't accidently wandered off after clocking in or going to eat.

My Thai Girlfriend says having a small Dick shouldn’t be a problem in a relationship I still wish she didn’t have one though!

Hello all. This is Brian previously from glass house. Since I left glass house I have been busy  writing my book and also with real estate investment. I am a customer/ john/ trick that visited walking street often. Now as many of you know lady drinks are as high as 180 THB, bar fines 1,500 and long time don't get me started. Got quoted 7,000 from one recently a new record. Also rents are way up on walking street and mamasons are also pushing the prices higher. I will open a new go go on lk soon that will roll back the prices 7-10 years. It will be a small go go with hot girls but no mamason between you ,my customer, and the ladies. I will have a  expat member card with the following prices. All bar fines 700 all the time. The ladies prices will be between you and her but my ladies will know what price range we expect. All drinks for expats 100 THB  and all lady drinks 100 THB We will have music by request no DJ. The name of the go go will be Chaos located next to the office a go go. Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated. Do you think this concept will work? Hot ladies I guarantee not all will bar fine but most will.  To summarize

1. Hot girls

2. low prices

3 no mamason 

4 no dj

5 music by request

Thanks for all replies good and bad as always.

I'll believe it when I see it. And whats with this "most" will bar-fine crap? Why not all bar-fine? If a girl will not bar-fine...she does'nt belong in a go-go!! Forget the stripping. Keep them nude all the time. :)

Re discount cards a lot of effort and cost of only there was say a forum who already issued such cards

Oh look there is

I've been going to Pattaya GoGos since 2001, have seen A LOT of them come and go, and think this GREAT!

I recommend the following:

1) ZERO pressure to buy LDs (from the wait staff, girls, etc)

2) Seating that's NOT too 'close' NOT too 'far' from the stage (average, eye, level)

3) CLEAN bathrooms (sounds dumb, but makes a difference and is CHEAP to implement)

4) Fun 'average' girls are BETTER than scowling, 'hot' ones

5) 'Frequent' barfine card that's 'punched' (Buy six, get one 'free'?)

6) Some non-alcoholic drinks (fruit juices, smoothies, ala, Secrets)

7) 'costume/theme' nights (Secretaries, nurses, etc)

8) NO 'long' dance rotations (three songs, max)

9) For additional revenue, consider creating (selling) memberships that offer 'exclusive privevleges'

10) Have 'menus' with prices AND clearly marked signs with BF, LD prices (see Happy, for example)

Bottom line: I APPLAUD you from trying something 'different' as 80% of the GGs are probably losing a lot of $ because

won't try something 'new'.

All this stuff sounds great for the Punter. But if I was an investor in your GoGo and asked you, how are we going to make money? What would you tell me?

Seems to me the success of your GoGo depends on your promise to keep the bar staffed with friendly WS quality GGG's.  Plus I'm always a bit of a skeptic to marketing your business to the low end of the market. Budget punters looking to spend as little as possible end up being your main customers.

..................... whats with this "most" will bar-fine crap? Why not all bar-fine? If a girl will not bar-fine...she does'nt belong in a go-go!! Forget the stripping. Keep them nude all the time. :)

.................6gxqgc7.gif

1) ZERO pressure to buy LDs (from the wait staff, girls, etc)

There goes the tequila girls. :-)

2) Seating that's NOT too 'close' NOT too 'far' from the stage (average, eye, level)

So no seating next to stage, and no seating in the far back, just 1 row of table at the right distance circling the stage?

3) CLEAN bathrooms (sounds dumb, but makes a difference and is CHEAP to implement)

I actually have not seen many dirty Go GO bathrooms. I have not been to all the Go GO tho.

4) Fun 'average' girls are BETTER than scowling, 'hot' ones

HOT girls over average girls any day. I just don't see the point of going all the way to Thailand to BF an average girl. As far as "fun" goes, that depends on the girl. I make no assumption or correlation between Looks and Fun. I go for HOT and Fun, not Average and fun. I guess we all swing differently.

5) 'Frequent' barfine card that's 'punched' (Buy six, get one 'free'?)

That could work. Maybe include a drama free guarantee when you decided to ditch a girl you just BF for 3 days for a new girl the very next day in same club. :-)

6) Some non-alcoholic drinks (fruit juices, smoothies, ala, Secrets)

As far as I know, ALL Go GO that I've frequent have these. Are there other Go GO that do not?

7) 'costume/theme' nights (Secretaries, nurses, etc)

Zombie night? Village People night?

8) NO 'long' dance rotations (three songs, max)

Does this also means your girls can only sit with you for a short time? I mean, when other girls gets down from dancing, doesn't that mean the girl you buy LD for will need to go up sooner? Say 3 rotation, 3 minutes per song on average. So 18 minutes from your girl comes down to she has to go back up to stage again?

9) For additional revenue, consider creating (selling) memberships that offer 'exclusive privevleges'

What other exclusive privileges that would be a "big hit" at Go Go that's not usually available? I am trying hard to think of one but come up empty.

10) Have 'menus' with prices AND clearly marked signs with BF, LD prices (see Happy, for example)

This is a good idea that I think all Go Go should adopt. A good number of Go GO already does this.

Does this also means your girls can only sit with you for a short time? I mean, when other girls gets down from dancing, doesn't that mean the girl you buy LD for will need to go up sooner? Say 3 rotation, 3 minutes per song on average. So 18 minutes from your girl comes down to she has to go back up to stage again?

as long as we're collectively designing the ideal gogo we should address this issue.

If I'm sitting with a girl buying drinks for me and her why should she be sent to the stage when it's time for her group to dance?   If the purpose of the bar is to sell drinks then she is performing her part already by having me buy drinks for her and me.    Put her on stage and I'll look at my watch and think about how long she'll be gone and it's likely that I'll pay my bill and go elsewhere.  You've lost a customer for the evening. 

I know that putting in a rule that a girl sitting with a drink in front of her doesn't have to dance can be abused and a girl might drink very slowly because she wants to stay off the stage for a while.  Here is where you need a mamasan watching over things to ensure that girls sitting with customers don't linger with their drinks in order to stay off stage.

I would spell it Kaos rather than chaos as it sits better and also make it smoking

Archived