Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Nam's Taxi Service

simguy_jp

"Khun indeed is a polite prefix, a bit like Mr, but Thai use it followed by your first name.

Th Ayutthaya trip being turned down maybe because she would have to drive there empty, including all the tolls on the way. That means she would have to price it so high she may think too much for you to consider.

The consequence if being sole driver is that she cannot call on a pool of drivers to try and arrange a two way payload..

I may check with her uf that's the reason.

If you flight not delay you will come out to meeting point at 7:45 pm . Many time QR 832 like to  delay about 30 minutes till 45 or maybe 1 hour.[/size]

I think you will not want to waiting me at 9am. If you can wait fare will be 500 bath. :)

Thats a bit naughty ... bullshitting the customer. QR832 hasn't been as much as 1 minute late in the last month, nor does it have a history of being late, quite the opposite - it's more likely to be 20-30 minutes early.

Screen Shot 2015-02-27 at 10.45.37 am.png

Screen Shot 2015-02-27 at 10.52.58 am.png

lovely lady, she was on time waiting for us, drove sanely, spotless car, very pleased to meet her, tipped her well~

:)

"Khun indeed is a polite prefix, a bit like Mr, but Thai use it followed by your first name.

Th Ayutthaya trip being turned down maybe because she would have to drive there empty, including all the tolls on the way. That means she would have to price it so high she may think too much for you to consider.

The consequence if being sole driver is that she cannot call on a pool of drivers to try and arrange a two way payload..

I may check with her uf that's the reason.

Thanks. Few years ago I got a locally arranged taxi from Kanchanaburi to BKK airport and the driver was a disaster, late, drove dangerously ,started smoking in car, I had to be real insistent with him to stop. I had my two kids with me and was thinking WTF have I done. This Ayutthaya trip is only myself and a mate so the cargo just ain't so precious .

Thanks. Few years ago I got a locally arranged taxi from Kanchanaburi to BKK airport and the driver was a disaster, late, drove dangerously ,started smoking in car, I had to be real insistent with him to stop. I had my two kids with me and was thinking WTF have I done. This Ayutthaya trip is only myself and a mate so the cargo just ain't so precious .

Based on all the great reviews, I just requested a booking for March 8 in the afternoon as well as my return.  Will provide a review.  Looking forward to it.

Used Nam last week twice. Great lady! On arrival I was coming from Kuala Lumpur, my plane was on time, trough imigration and got luggage less than 35minutesI She wasn´t there standing at gate 3 exit and I was disappointed (didn´t have her phonenumbere). Got to 7-11 and buy some beers and when came back there she was all smiling and sorrying for me to wait few minutes. No problem!  Car was two week old Ford Focus - smells like new still! When I was going to sit backseat she said "NONO, CAN YOU SIT WITH ME IN FRONT PLIIIIS", and gladly I did. It was fun talking with her. She laugh a lot and was really safe driver (not too slow though). Get on time in Pattaya and she even help me install my thai sim card after we arrived my hotel. Paid 1200bht and good tip!

Second trip was, when she took me to Bangkok downtown, wait for me there 3 hours and took me back in airport. Everything went well. I give high recommendations!

• Like 3

In a few of the other taxi threads as well as here, there have been discussions about the benefits of safe drivers, vs the extra cost they may charge.

I had a poignant reminder of that tonight.

As some of you may know by now, Nam asked me a few weeks ago to monitor the email address she uses for booking, just in case she misses something, or misunderstands. I rarely interfere, just occasionally warn someone that she is busy and will repky later, signing as Nam's Answering Service.

Tonight, she was driving to the airport for a 10.30 pick up.

Her email pinged on my iPad, she had an urgent booking from a guy who wanted to go to BKK at 00.30 AM

I knew if she was driving, she wouldn't reply to mail, but might stop to pick up a phonecall.

So I called her.

Oh, yes, I want to take the job.

Me: so what time you get back to

Pattaya!

Nam: maybe 12.00, probably before 12.30...

Me : You want me to reply Yes?

Nam : (silence for a few moments, I could hear the cogs turning)

"no, I reply I cannot, just arriving at airpirt now. By the time I get back to

Pattaya, I will be too tired to drive to BKK and back again"

I could hear the regret in her voice.

She took her mother and two children to the big Temple in Pathum Thani for Macha Bucha day this week, always costs quite a bit if money, an outing with the family, a sleepover and a trip back to the village...

I know plenty if drivers who would have grabbed a few cups of coffee , myself included, a few energy drinks, or maybe a pill. The last minute late booking could maybe be convinced to pay a premium for the service.

No, she puts her safety first now.

I felt actually quite proud of her.....

Tried to book her today for a trip to a golf course satureday morning. Unfortunately she has no time.....

Tried to book her today for a trip to a golf course satureday morning. Unfortunately she has no time.....

She enjoys playing golf, but she also needs to be pragmatic. She has at least three trips to airport or BKK on this Saturday, She'd have to charge an unreasonable fee for playing golf to come out on top. Some days, she may be totally unbooked...

I encourage her to take it easy, enjoy golf when it comes up, but her sense of duty to family says "Income comes first", most times...

Similar to our old Protestant work ethic, I suppose...

Nam spent quite a bit of time at the airport last couple of days, waiting between customers departures and arrivals. I think that may have been the reason she had her email hacked.

She had an enquiry today, for a flight pick up on the 12th.

She responded with the information required within an hour or so.

Shortly after, a cheeky bugger calling him/herself Nat , from an email adress a bit like [email protected] , replied to both her and her customer, offering to meet the customer at her usual place with his name on a paper.

Competition trying to muscle in?

Or a prank?

Anyway, we dealt with it.

But any booked arrivals for Nam, please verify if the driver waiting is her. You have seen her photo on this board often, you can call her phone if you have a mobile, and ask her driving licence..

She drives a new White Ford Focus..

Anyone else, or other car, it is a scam!

To make sure, a few recent photographs

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

In a few of the other taxi threads as well as here, there have been discussions about the benefits of safe drivers, vs the extra cost they may charge.

I had a poignant reminder of that tonight.

As some of you may know by now, Nam asked me a few weeks ago to monitor the email address she uses for booking, just in case she misses something, or misunderstands. I rarely interfere, just occasionally warn someone that she is busy and will repky later, signing as Nam's Answering Service.

Tonight, she was driving to the airport for a 10.30 pick up.

Good on her, I'm sure the future is good with this kind of thought in mind.

I hope to use Nams service in the future even though I've never pre booked a taxi and always taken a taxi at departures with all the issues mentioned and more (the worst being the driver actually falling asleep and drifting more than once, now that kept me and the other half awake all the way to Pattaya)

Her email pinged on my iPad, she had an urgent booking from a guy who wanted to go to BKK at 00.30 AM

I knew if she was driving, she wouldn't reply to mail, but might stop to pick up a phonecall.

So I called her.

Oh, yes, I want to take the job.

Me: so what time you get back to

Pattaya!

Nam: maybe 12.00, probably before 12.30...

Me : You want me to reply Yes?

Nam : (silence for a few moments, I could hear the cogs turning)

"no, I reply I cannot, just arriving at airpirt now. By the time I get back to

Pattaya, I will be too tired to drive to BKK and back again"

I could hear the regret in her voice.

She took her mother and two children to the big Temple in Pathum Thani for Macha Bucha day this week, always costs quite a bit if money, an outing with the family, a sleepover and a trip back to the village...

I know plenty if drivers who would have grabbed a few cups of coffee , myself included, a few energy drinks, or maybe a pill. The last minute late booking could maybe be convinced to pay a premium for the service.

No, she puts her safety first now.

I felt actually quite proud of her.....

I used Nam's taxi service for first time last week for a trip from Pattaya hotel to Bkk airport. Excellent all around service. I had booked the journey a week in advance and thought I had everything arranged to go to air port and collect a friend from arrivals and continue into BKK city. Disaster struck when my friend arrived at 7.25 am and I thought it was 7.25 pm. So I am having breakfast in Pattaya hotel when frantic messages start arriving.(its my mate's first trip to Thailand and felt a bit lost at airport).

A quick email exchange with Nam solved mthe problem as she was able to come to my hotel pretty quickly and take me direct to BKK city.

So professional feedback: New, clean car. Safely driven, prompt, and very comfortable. Able to accommodate changes of plan without any difficulties.

Personal feedback: Nam is a lovely young woman. Polite, respectful and friendly. A steady enjoyable stream of conversation made the journey fly past.

I will unhesitatingly use her again and recommend her to anyone else.

• Like 2

I think I may have mislead you all about her non use of stimulants.

She showed me this morning her secret weapon to deal with sleepiness on late night duty. She drinks half of a small bottle of Coke Zero, claims the caffeine in it is enough to keep her buzzing for a few hours...

I suppose, if she would have drunk alcohol (she doesn't, she hates it!), she would have been a cheap drunk, falling over after half a beer....

She enjoys playing golf, but she also needs to be pragmatic. She has at least three trips to airport or BKK on this Saturday, She'd have to charge an unreasonable fee for playing golf to come out on top. Some days, she may be totally unbooked...

I encourage her to take it easy, enjoy golf when it comes up, but her sense of duty to family says "Income comes first", most times...

Similar to our old Protestant work ethic, I suppose...

I was one of those trips. Picked me up from the airport on Saturday. She was waiting at gate 3 for me. A steady 110-120k all the way to Pattaya. A very careful and safe driver. She had a chilled bottle of water, coke and orange which she offered me upon arrival. Also stopped at the 7-11 for me on the trip down no problems. A very pleasant and friendly girl. I have her booked for my trip back to the airport. Comes highly recommended from me.

• Like 3

Very busy this next week, 11 trips already scheduled.  She is a bit miffed today, someone canceled at the last minute and she lost the trip and also another trip that she did not take due to a conflict.  So now "this man cost me two trip".  Have a great St. Pat's day everyone.  

Joker...

Just returned home from my trip. I used Nam for both ends.  She had a little problem on Sunday with pickup.  Traffic on Sundays from Pattaya to BKK is bad because everyone returning to city.  It worked out at the end as I didn't have to walk to the car park.  In fact, I may have her do it this way from now on!  I am a lazy bastard. 

Going to Pattaya was very pleasant and SAFE... she did not think of herself as speed racer! 

The return was good too.  She picked me up promptly at 730am from the hotel lobby.  Smooth ride all the way.  In fact, I slept and probably snored my way thru most of it as I did not sleep the night before.

I will definitely use her again!

Strong Recommendation of Nam

I booked Nam for transport from Suvarnabhumi to my hotel in Pattaya on March 5th. My flight was 45 minutes late arriving, but Nam was still waiting at our agreed upon meeting spot. Her vehicle was new and spotlessly clean. Most importantly, she drove in a very safe manner. She charged 1200 baht, plus I gave her a 200 baht tip. I would have used her for my return trip, but I procrastinated and was forced to grab a taxi off the street. Of course, he drove like a maniac, speeding and tailgating other cars all the way to the airport.

I thought it may be appropriate to warn everyone who intends to come between April 12 and April 19.

Songkran starts in BKK on the 12th or 13th finishes on the evening of the 15th. In Pattaya it starts officially the 16th and finishes on the evening of the 19th.
But in Pattaya, it unofficially starts on the 12th or 13th, and therefore lasts about a week.

Pattaya is already badly congested at he moment due to those infernal roadworks on Sukhumvit/Klang, Increasing numbers of Chinese bus tours and currently school holidays.

At Songkran, it usually grinds to a halt altogether. It can easily take an hour to get from the Motorway off ramp to a hotel in Central Pattaya.

Such road conditions are a killer for the taxi business. Nam has wisely decided to use this time to spend with her family, as many Thai do, go home for Songkran.
Her last ride will be on April 11, she's going home on the morning of the 12th, and comes back with an airport pick up at 10.00 PM on the evening of the 19th of April.

She apologises to anyone who hopes to have a ride in that period. Her family is very important to her, and her children have school holidays from now until early May..
She has had a very busy few months, and I hope she will enjoy her well deserved break...

• Like 2

I booked Nam , for both to and from the airport for the trip Iv'e just returned from, and what a lovley sweet lady she is , both journey's were the safest Iv'e felt in any taxi Iv'e been in ,with some previous taxi drivers Iv'e been praying that I would actually make it to my destination , no such concerns with Nam.

This is how good her customer service is , because of the stupid decision to block off Beach Rd , due to the music festival ,this  has caused very severe delays all over the city,  it took her nearly 2 hours to get to my hotel , even though she lives only a few kilometres from my hotel in WS, but she had allowed for the traffic delay and was still dead on the time I had booked her to pick me up.

Becuase she was so good I gave her a 600 baht tip ,  she was very grateful , and gave me a nice friendly hug before I left , I now wont use anyone else , for my future trips.

Edited by Pattaholic
  • Like 2

Thank you for your feedback.....

I made the  mistake on Friday, forgot about the festival, came in through Patts North road, on my way to buy coffee in Central. From the Thai airways office before Soi 1 unto WS, beach road took me 45 minutes, at about midday.
BR is three lanes after the re-build. One lane was filled with stalls (previously on the wide pavement), and one blocked with pick up trucks unloading to the stalls, leaving the traffic including many buses, one lane only. Somebody without brain in the City Planning department.

With Sukh acces now dicey because of the tunnel, it is becoming more of a nightmare,,

Just to check in case this has changed: Nam still does all the trips herself and doesn't outsource to any other drivers?

Thanks.

She took us from Jomtien to Nana in Bangkok , two hours door to door, good service bit more expensive than MrT