Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Nam's Taxi Service

simguy_jp

Nam has just found a solution for her timetable problems and tiredness, she has engaged her sister to help her for the next few weeks.

Sister is two years older, but an equally careful driver, and, at risk of Nam being annoyed with me for saying so, Sis is also a very good looking woman. But happily married, so don't get any ideas...

Sis speaks no Japanese, but pretty good English, and I think some Flemish, too...

For booking, write an email, she usually responds pretty fast

[email protected]

I just had a very poignant demo today about why I like Nam's taxi, or lady drivers in general.

Less ego, less competitiveness, less testosterone.

I needed a ride to BKK for a regular hospital consultation.

When I booked her, she asked how long the wait was, because she had a follow up booking from BKK to Patts the same time I has to be at the hospital, nearby hotel. i knew it is usually close to three hours, so we agreed she'd take me, do the next booking after it, and come back later to pick me up.

That sounded like a great plan. She delivered me to the hospital in time, but we needed all our built in time margin, because it wass very busy.

For some people, it is the first day of the New Years holiday, and the roads were very full.

When I finished about three or more hours later, I phoned her. It had gotten busier, and her return to Patts was later then planned. She said the roads leading into BKK. Were absolutely jampacked. She was on the verge of leaving Pattaya, to come back and collect me.

I said "don'tworry, i'll just grab a cab here, saves you the two way journey in heavy traffic.

So I went to a row if waiting taxis, and asked.

1700 bt

No way!

I offered 1500, he said "no, very busy roads, take long time"

I tried offering 1500 to three more cabbies, two didn't want to go at all, one asked 1800, but settled for 1700.

Then we hit the road and I just about shat myself a few times. He drove at breakneck speed, hugging peoples rear bumpers, weaving across lanes, left and right , pushing all my panic buttons.

I am too young to die....

I have still some good years ahead, and don't want do die on a expressway to

Pattaya!

Next time, I'll wait for her return to pick me up. After all, there are various enjoyable ways to fill a spare hour or two on a Saturday afternoon in BKK. But I won't discuss these on an open public information board...

[email protected]

Agree women are safer drivers than men on balance.  I've had drivers from Mr T that scared me with unsafe speed and lane changes, and there is also the old boxer guy that is so slow you worry you'll get rear ended. I'm hoping to ride with Nam if she is available on afternoon of Jan 1. Emailed her a bit ago and awaiting reply. 

Ashamed of my true nationality at present so I am temporarily flying the flag of the Kiwi Republic (wanted the All Black's flag-Black background with the Silver Fern- but not an option on the board software so Jacinda's Standard will have to do.  

Nam got back to me promptly and will meet me.  200Baht more than Mr. T but I dont sweat the small stuff. Thanks for the referral. 

Ashamed of my true nationality at present so I am temporarily flying the flag of the Kiwi Republic (wanted the All Black's flag-Black background with the Silver Fern- but not an option on the board software so Jacinda's Standard will have to do.  

Nam is TERRIFIC, a fun and sweet lady, Drives safely, doesn't smoke and is quite friendly to talk with on the drive. I will use her from now even paying 200Baht above My old service MrT and PTTaxi. I prefer lady!  Ill post a better picture when I DL it from my iPhone. 

Jai Dee!

Edited by kantutero

+ 1 for Nam. Lovely lady, excellent communication. A few teething issues but by enlarge I was happy

On the ground in Pattaya? Arriving Soon? Have LINE installed on your phone?

Join the (unofficial) Pattaya-Addicts group on LINE and meet a fellow monger for a beer or 10.

Pop into see Larry at babydolls or noddy at butterfly bar to be added.

Nam is aware of the issue of canceling her booking and it will not happen again, she is starting a new system to maintain her bookings and also will bring a lady friend with her on 1 person pick ups late at night so you will have two cute Thai girls to talk to on your trip back...  

Thanks to all of you who are spreading the word and helping her to find a new path.

Joker...

Hmmm...my flight in February is scheduled to land around midnight, so this could influence me to change from my usual taxi service!  5555555

I have been VERY happy with (and loyal to) the taxi service that I use, but I always like to help out an industrious person out to get a new business up and running.  

I have sent her a friend request on FB and will definitely consider trying her taxi service on my next trip.  

Nam is TERRIFIC, a fun and sweet lady, Drives safely, doesn't smoke and is quite friendly to talk with on the drive. I will use her from now even paying 200Baht above My old service MrT and PTTaxi. I prefer lady!  Ill post a better picture when I DL it from my iPhone. 

Jai Dee!

Yes, please post it. Would you let me pass it on to her? She will want to post it on her FB taxi page...

Hey guys, thank you for your encouragement. Her first full month of work was not easy for her, getting used to different schedules and the ups and downs of holiday season traffic, but she is now getting used to the irregular sleep and driving hours, and saying she is very happy with her new job.

This has been a very significant life change for her, and she is grateful to all of you who are helping her make this move...

Great to hear her new business is taking off. Sounds like she may need to expand soon and get another driver or two. The downside of course is you loose having that personal touch of having Nam as your driver which is the reason she is getting a popular decision even if it is 200 baht more than some of her competitors.

I know I have no problem paying the extra for great service.

Today she brought us to BKK and was ontime arriving with a smile and a bottle of cold water for each of us. I gave her some sweets from the US for her kids last time which she appreciated.

I gave her 1500 today for ride to Asoke (she had never stated an asking price). When she was leaving she gave my missus a big hug  and me a big smile and Wai (not wanting to make the missus jealous by hugging me, I suspect). I regret not having the doorman take a pic of the three of us together.  I'll try and upload the pic tomorrow. I now call her my friend Nam.   I really enjoy her sunny disposition as she laughs easily and smiles frequently. 

Thanks to LKKrang for the referral. 

Edited by kantutero
  • Like 2

She really does add a personal touch. Last time when she picked me up to take me to BKK and the GF and I were saying our goodbyes she started to get a little teary eyed.

Please feel free to like her Facebook page, Nam's Taxi Lady Driver Pattaya.  She has asked me to work on improving the site, although I think it is perfect, just a few photos of the cutest Taxi girl around.  If you have any Taxi photos of her please let me know so I can post them.  

She absolutely loves doing this, she has become so proud of herself and her little business, thank you to all who have helped her and continue to support her.

I would put up a link to her FB but that would get the God's of PA mad at me and I don't want to be sent back into that little itty bitty car...

Joker...

What's the situation with her insurance?  I recall reading somewhere that she wasn't happy with her cover.  Apologies if I'm confusing her with another service.

Edited by filibuster

Please feel free to like her Facebook page, Nam's Taxi Lady Driver Pattaya.  She has asked me to work on improving the site, although I think it is perfect, just a few photos of the cutest Taxi girl around.  If you have any Taxi photos of her please let me know so I can post them.  

She absolutely loves doing this, she has become so proud of herself and her little business, thank you to all who have helped her and continue to support her.

I would put up a link to her FB but that would get the God's of PA mad at me and I don't want to be sent back into that little itty bitty car...

Joker...

I'm going to book her had one too many bad experiences with Mr T and he seems to have put the return up by 100 baht. If she wants some decent photos for the site I will do some for her when I'm there.

What's the situation with her insurance? I recall reading somewhere that she wasn't happy with her cover. Apologies if I'm confusing her with another service.

Maybe someone else. Never heard of this as a problem

Maybe someone else. Never heard of this as a problem

I don't know if it is a "problem" - I didn't suggest it was (and, of course, it's for individuals to decide what is, or is not, a problem for themselves).  However, I have since checked and ikkrang did post elsewhere that she wasn't happy with her insurance.  Do you know if she is insured as a taxi, or is she just the same as (presumably) Mr T's and Toom's offerings?

Edited by filibuster

Just booked her via email from Bangkok to Pattaya in March.

Edited by kirali1

Yes, you read that elsewhere. She is insured, but is looking to upgrade that, searching around for something better, which is affordable at the same time. Work in progress...

I hope she finds something suitable. I would have thought that all those so-called taxi services (Mr T, Toom etc) were no different from the situation that Uber recently found itself in Thailand with its white plate (private) vehicles undertaking commercial (taxi) services ... i.e. unregistered, unlicensed and uninsured. Or, not?

Edited by filibuster

I used her this morning for Swampy to Patts. She was courteous, and I wouldn't hesitate to book her again.

I used her this morning for Swampy to Patts. She was courteous, and I wouldn't hesitate to book her again.

How much did she charge you?

She charges 1200 baht for Bkk to Pattaya.