Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Nam's Taxi Service

simguy_jp

Re finding back to back rides, a passenger outbound being followed by an inbound, which is the key to running this profitably, rather then going empty one way:

A suggestion was made that she could on her Taxi service Facebook page publish a schedule of her bookings, and offer a discount for people taking up the empty one way slot.

Would anybody here use that facility?

It could also be offered for two passengers wanting to share a ride and reducing the price. She already suggests that herself if she sees two arriving closely together, and knocks the fare down from 1200 to 700 pp

But both these suggestions take extra admin work, and she already spends a lot if time online dealing with enquiries and admin...

Yes. if the timing worked.

Another idea I was thinking of would be to have customers put email notifications to the [email protected] account so that delays would send her an email, that is a burden on the customer but I know it is relatively easy...

Might be worth trying FlightStats for iOS and Android. Or AOT's iOS app (https://itunes.apple.com/th/app/aot-airport-of-thailand/id792579639) but that one crashed a few times while I was trying it out earlier today.

I emailed Nam yesterday and got a reply within 30 minutes. So far so good.  :D

I just booked her for late night arrival on the 26th of Feb...  BM Planeman and I are arriving on different flights 5 minutes apart from each other, so we both get to meet the lovely Nam!

I am sure she will cheer you up after Sunday's tragic events.  Two great teams and a super game for a change...

Joker...

Last year I had an experience with a young Mr. T driver that picked me up from the airport than had me frightened for my life with his appalling driving and speed. After reading some reviews on here decided to go with Nam this year.  She picked me up mid-January for a trip into Pattaya.  She was on time, very pleasant and I even got a hug when I paid her at the hotel, maybe it was the tip J

Wasn’t sure if I was going into Bangkok at the end of my trip but decided to stay in Pattaya.  Because of this it was only 3 days before my return that I contacted Nam via email to ask if she was available again and that I was sorry for the short notice.   She promptly replied that she had an airport pick up before and was worried if delayed she may not get back in time for me. I asked her to email me from the airport if her previous customer was on time and if not I would sort something out myself.  It’s not as if there aren’t plenty of last minute options to get to the airport. We left it at that at this stage

She actually emailed a day later saying her pickup had cancelled and she would be available for me at the original time if that was ok, I quickly confirmed it was and she was sat in reception at Page 10 hotel 15 minutes early when I came down to check out. 

A run of about an hour & half back to the airport with a bit of chatting, a few giggles and a safe ride she dropped me off at the correct entrance for Etihad. I got my case, paid her and got another hug.

I really couldn’t ask for anymore from a taxi pick up for my two journeys.  She was on time, friendly and a safe driver who as well as driving was very pleasant to chat to and be around.  I wish her all the luck in the world with her business, she deserves to succeed and is certainly going the right way about it from my experiences.  

• Like 3

Her business is starting to pick up some real momentum, thank you to all on the forum who are recommending her.  

She is trying also to be creative and instead of just not taking your booking, looking to see if customers are willing to be a bit flexible so she can maximize her runs.  Many of you have really helped out on this front also.  

She is starting to use Google services and her Ipad to improve her organization and her service.  All the members who have recommended flight tracking software and apps have also been very helpful...

This is becoming a real success story, thanks to her efforts and also the very real and valuable assistance of Ikkrang...  Thank you sir!!!!

Joker...

Edited by TheJoker

I have nam booked for my Bkk to patts ride on the 19th. Used PT last time and they were a no show.

I booked Nam to take me from my hotel to the airport On Friday 6 February after reading about her on the forum.

She responds quickly to emails and I had a very safe drive to the airport. 1200 baht plus tip.

A very nice young lady and I will book her again when I return to LOS at the end of August.

Nam has a facebook page. You can find her at Nam's Taxi Lady Driver Pattaya.

Just wanted to add to the chorus.

Nam picked me up at Swampy 1/9 and came back to Patts to get me on 1/19.

The ride from the airport was delayed quite a bit due to a broken down bus; her only comment when we finally discovered the hold up was a cheerful "look...."bus", "stop" !"  Funny too.  

Time is money and I figured that delay may have cost her a lost fare(s).  She didn't  weave thru traffic, didn't complain...not a word.  Tipped large in the event she lost some fares and, I have to admit, really turned on by the opportunity to help a woman that is a self-starter in that community, especially one that understands service/safety and is polite and punctual.

Also wish I had read this whole thread before I went, she would have been fun to golf with.

Going home I picked a spot outside Royal Mall on Beach Road for a 0930 pick-up and...there she was...exactly at the spot planned and a couple of minutes early at that. 

Edited by Trespass

[i][size="3"][color="#ff0000"][/color][/size] [/i]

Sounds like Nam is doing quite a good business now. I booked her last week for BBK to Patts on the 13th of February after reading the reviews on here. Booked her via PM on Facebook, communication was great and got a confirmation email within 12 hours.

Last year I had an experience with a young Mr. T driver that picked me up from the airport than had me frightened for my life with his appalling driving and speed.

I had the same experience with a young Mr T driver a couple of years ago , who was driving erratically and at dangerously high speeds , I've just  booked Nam again , at least I know I'll get to Pattaya in one piece.

not into email does she have a fone no thanks

PM sent...

not into email does she have a fone no thanks

Hi Chris,

Yes, she does have a phone, but doesn't want it splattered all over a mongering board. she prefers text, because it is more accurate to use written language then to lose details due to different ways of pronouncing English language.

I would assume Birmingham English sounds a bit different from Chachoensao's English. She is very concerned about getting details such as name, flight number and time correct, because A. She doesn't want to fail a customer by getting it wrong over the phone

B. She doesn't want to drive to the airport for nothing because that costs her money.

She prides herself on quality of service, and doesn't want to jeapardise her reputation...

If you like to play a round, Nam loves to play golf...  She has two sets of clubs and take you to the best club in the area or to some local par 3's to have some not so serious fun...

She shot 110 when we played this summer but Ik says she lost to me on purpose...

10979190_663519603770043_1050551521_n - Copy.jpg

10966533_663819997073337_274965241_n - Copy.jpg

10962071_663819820406688_1725758992_n - Copy.jpg

Nam Shot - Copy.jpg

10965628_663509160437754_1658721183_n.jpg

I had to cancel my trip and my booking with Nam.  She was super sweet about it, and replied both times in about 30 minutes.  I am impressed already and look forward to her driving me in the future.  

My first post, I also have booked Nam to pick us up on the 14th and then take us back to the airport on the 18th.  She has been punctual in her replys and confirming times and details of fights and address in pattaya (we have booked an apartment).  

I'm sure everything will go really smoothly and will report back with the good news.  

Thanks to this board otherwise I never would o known of her service

Cheers!

Good morning "fans of Nam",

I sent her an email a couple of days ago here from the states to her gmail address and have not heard back. We're planning a visit in May and wanted to request / reserve her taxi service for airport pick-up / drop-off as well as some side trips for a little business in Bangkok. Has anyone spoken to her? Is she okay?

Best regards,

Thomas

Good to see her business is catching on. As her service becomes more popular it would seem that one women can not do it all herself. Have to eat and sleep sometimes. She may have to get a second driver if demands increases I just hope it would be someone as good as her. Be coming back in June and will use Nam's Taxi service for sure.

I have nam booked for my Bkk to patts ride on the 19th. Used PT last time and they were a no show.

I'm surprised because PT has always been on time when I arrive in BKK and when I return there.

Good morning "fans of Nam",

I sent her an email a couple of days ago here from the states to her gmail address and have not heard back. We're planning a visit in May and wanted to request / reserve her taxi service for airport pick-up / drop-off as well as some side trips for a little business in Bangkok. Has anyone spoken to her? Is she okay?

Best regards,

Thomas

[email protected]   ??

she is pretty good at answering emails...