IGNORED

Nam's Taxi Service

simguy_jp

Just to check in case this has changed: Nam still does all the trips herself and doesn't outsource to any other drivers?

Thanks.

No change, she does all the driving, no out sourcing.

She may on occasion be too busy, and suggest another driver for you. But she will never send someone else when she has confirmed you. It will be Nam driving if you booked her.

No change, she does all the driving, no out sourcing.

She may on occasion be too busy, and suggest another driver for you. But she will never send someone else when she has confirmed you. It will be Nam driving if you booked her.

I know I often sound very lauding about her reliability, and as above, assure customers she will be the only driver.

I stand to be corrected. There are times it all falls down....

Yesterday, she had an airport pick up with scheduled arrival at midday. She had another pickup at Pattaya for an airport run at 4.00 PM, which seemed to be plenty of margin.

The first plane was late, and the customer late to exit. She left the airport at 1.40, which should have been fine to drive to Pattaya and be in time for her 4.00 PM pick up.

Then all hell broke loose, as those who were in Pattaya yesterday will know. It rained, very hard, without stopping. The traffic slowed down to a crawl in places due to low visibilty, and flooding.

I was caught myself, standin at the door of Friendship supermarket, for 45 minutes, because the 15 m run to my car would get me totally soaked. I thought it would stop in a few minutes as downpours usually do. But it didn't. I saw Pattaya Tai flood in front of me, worrying about whether my little car would cope.  Later on Sukhumvit after Soi Watboonkanjana, it got deeper, and at some stage the traffic stopped altogether...

Nam took three hours to get to her first customer's hotel, at 4.40, a trip that usually takes about an hour and twenty minutes.

Her next customer had a plane to catch, so she realised some time after three she wasn't going to make it.

So she phoned another cabbie, no, not a woman, but a man she had used herself dozens of times to get back to her village, she knew and trusted him.

She asked him to pick up the couple from her 4.00 job and take them to the airport. Better then them missing their plane. She sent them a message, to expect the other driver.

She finally made it back to her room at 6.00, eight hours after she left, with one paid job under her belt, probably netting her 400 bt or so.

She apologises to her 4.00 PM customer. She will do her best to be punctual and reliable, but sometimes she will fail....

That was totally out of her control,she wasn't at fault there.

You can't control the weather,unfortunately.

Robw

she still took care of the customer, a lot of outfits here would not have even called...

she's great, and I am happy to use her, she is a friend of PA, and like a little sister or something now...

when I met her it felt like she was an old friend!

• Like 2

she still took care of the customer, a lot of outfits here would not have even called...

she's great, and I am happy to use her, she is a friend of PA, and like a little sister or something now...

when I met her it felt like she was an old friend!

Very professional of her to take care of the customers she could not pick up. As mentioned most would have just done nothing. Plan on using Nam again on my next trip and look forward to getting a nice hug from her when I arrive.

After a hectic last month, doing two or three runs to airport or BKK, she suddenly has a gap in her bookings, a few days no work, before in the middle of the week it picks up again. 

She was planning to use this time to go back to her painting, I'm curious what she'll create this time......

But she still needs your business, so if you need a ride somewhere, contact her.....

That was totally out of her control,she wasn't at fault there.

You can't control the weather,unfortunately.

We should understand that Nam would have a very difficult job trying to cope with late flights / early flights / canceled flights , bookings that don't show up , and trying to survive the Bangkok / Pattaya traffic (  probally some of the worst in the world )  , and still get her passenger theres safe and in one piece ......I'm scared to cross Second Rd , never mind driving on it .

So if things sometimes don't go to plan , it's probably going to be becuase one of the above reasons.

Edited by Pattaholic

Guys,

Finalizing plans for a trip in JAN 2016 (have to plan/ purch tix that far due to job!) any ways I am looking at about a 12 day stay in Pattaya and from what I have seen on the boards, Nams is pretty reliable. My question is, in addition to airport pick up/drop off I am hoping to get 2 days sightseeing (sanctuary of truth/Anek Kuson Museum etc) and was wondering if anyone has retained Nams service for such before? Not anticipating all day, simply out early morning and return around noon or so. Wasn't sure if this type service was available from her or if she preferred strictly airport runs. Also,recco on how far out to arrange/reserve airport service due to high season would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Caz

she would be great for that, just tell her what you want!

she will even go golfing with you if you want, pretty cool gal!

Ask her.

She sometimes does short local runs. But it maybe in line with what local taxis charge, a couple of hundred baht per trip.

It also depends on how busy it is. High season, she maybe pretty busy with longer journeys.

Re airport bookings, safest for January if you book well ahead, as soon as you get your ticket booked.

DAddee/ Ikkrang,

Thanks for the info! should have the plane tix tmmrw, will shoot an email to her then concerning the rest. Wanted to make sure of the flight info first as well as see if it was an offerred service.

Thanks again!!

Caz

I think if you are not set on a date or time for a morning or day trip she would be willing to take you.  She enjoys being a "tourist" still and if you can work around her airport runs she will likely be available.  She can also give you some ideas for great places to go...

Joker...

We should understand that Nam would have a very difficult job trying to cope with late flights / early flights / canceled flights , bookings that don't show up , and trying to survive the Bangkok / Pattaya traffic (  probally some of the worst in the world )  , and still get her passenger theres safe and in one piece ......I'm scared to cross Second Rd , never mind driving on it .

So if things sometimes don't go to plan , it's probably going to be becuase one of the above reasons.

I found Second Rd.a lot safer last trip.

Wasn't as busy as other trips.

Robw

Guys,

A follow up for those considering using Nam....

You can see from the above posts of mine I am planning a trip in January, due to job had to get all plane tix/transpo set up this far out.

Sent an email to Nam via the addy listed on this forum,got a reply within 24 hrs that answered all my questions from pricing to extra driving services.

Sent a second email to confirm request for services and recieved an email within 3 hrs with everything arranged.

Impressed to say the least,have had to do the email tag team game in other countries before and it can be drawn out,frustrating and painful to say the least! Very pleased!!

Keep in mind, she mentioned that January is her busiest time.

Caz

Edited by caz391

Those of you who would be interested in more photos and other information about Nam and Nam Taxi, search for Nam Taxi on FB and like her page.  

Joker...

You may have to define your concept of 5* service....

i would but I don't want to upset anyone.

Guys,

Finalizing plans for a trip in JAN 2016 (have to plan/ purch tix that far due to job!) any ways I am looking at about a 12 day stay in Pattaya and from what I have seen on the boards, Nams is pretty reliable. My question is, in addition to airport pick up/drop off I am hoping to get 2 days sightseeing (sanctuary of truth/Anek Kuson Museum etc) and was wondering if anyone has retained Nams service for such before? Not anticipating all day, simply out early morning and return around noon or so. Wasn't sure if this type service was available from her or if she preferred strictly airport runs. Also,recco on how far out to arrange/reserve airport service due to high season would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the info.

Caz

Caz,

I met Nam for the first time this Feb and used her taxi to take me from Pats to hotel in Bangkok, and as everyone else has said very happy with her driving and personality. Lovely, friendly woman.

When I returned to Pats a week or so after BKK trip I spent an afternoon playing golf with her (she's much better than me...) and had a drink with her afterwards. Again she is very pleasant company. So I'm sure she would be willing to do a sightseeing tour - other work committments permitting.

I used Nam for 2 airport trips, 1 Bangkok trip and 3 sight seeing trip in Feb and March. She was on time for them all, lovely lady, very friendly, spoke good english. Car was very clean and comfortable, she was more like a friend than a taxi driver. Already booked her for my next trip in August. You cannot go wrong booking her.

She took me to Nong Nooch Garden, Anek Kusala Sala, and Silverlakes Vineyard. Took a lot of pictures of me at these attractions, so I could show the family. We did half day sight seeing trips, excellent.

I booked Nam to take me to the airport in February after reading about her taxi service on PA.

I am returning to Pattaya at the end of August. I had not been on the site for a few weeks, but I do follow this topic so I read the latest posts in a weekly email.

After reading caz391 post about booking for Jan 2016 I decided to book my pickup and return for my trip later this year.

A couple of emails to Nam all is sorted.

If she is available I will not use anyone else for my airport trips.

If you want a safe trip I cannot recommend Nam's taxi service highly enough.

Edited by Tornado Red

I used Nam for 2 airport trips, 1 Bangkok trip and 3 sight seeing trip in Feb and March. She was on time for them all, lovely lady, very friendly, spoke good english. Car was very clean and comfortable, she was more like a friend than a taxi driver. Already booked her for my next trip in August. You cannot go wrong booking her.

Thank you for that feedback.

You hit the nail on the head.

Punctuality, safety, good English, cleanliness, are all very important in a taxi driver, but

"she was more like a friend than a taxi driver"

really is the icing on the cake, and what makes her special.

Life is to short to waste  hours in a confined space with a grumpy un-communicative unattractive companion......

;-)

Thank you to Nam for arranging alternative transport for me 25th March when she was unable to get to my condo on time to take me to the airport, due to a hectic schedule...all went fine and even a discount on the cost.....I will always use Nam.....

Cute daughter too!!!

J1066-

Appreciate the info! I have discussed/arranged some sightseeing with her, pleased to hear your recco further confirms my decision to use her service.

Caz