IGNORED

Best Pizza in Town

I've always found the pizzas with the toppings on top of the cheese better than the ones where cheese covers them all. Not sure how (un)orthodox that is.

Topping are typically on top of the pizza in USA, so I asked "where's my pepperoni?!?" and he explained it was under the cheese.

what's "pepperoni"? it's again one of these fake italian words invented to give a kind of italian"taste" to food that is everything but italian? like spaghetti bolognese or parmesan cheese? They simply don't exist, if a restaurant have something like that on his menu I will run away as fast as I can

Edited by maximus2003

what's "pepperoni"? it's again one of these fake italian words invented to give a kind of italian"taste" to food that is everything but italian? like spaghetti bolognese or parmesan cheese? They simply don't exist, if a restaurant have something like that on his menu I will run away as fast as I can

They don't call it that -- I did.  I believe it's "salami" on the menu, but that has an entirely different connotation in the USA (refers to a luncheon meat)

And I assume you run from a lot of restaurants if you do so from places that use the terms "pepperoni," "spaghetti bolognese" and "parmesan cheese"........

American Pizza Factory on the Soi between Soi 8 & 9 off of Jomtien Beach Road.  Now No. 1  Worth the wait and enjoy some Craft Beers imported from the US.  Not open Sunday's and they do deliver to the Pattaya/Jomtien area. East Pattaya for a little extra.  I will post pictures next time I go, forgot to on Saturday.

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of people don't know what a pizza is ... They just know the crap version they know in their home country ...

Pizza is originally from Italy and most (90%) of pizza sold in America and also Australia ... They would jail you in Italy for serving that crap.

Also Italian pizza usually has only a few ingredients and not piled up like mt Everest

American has been eating and making pizza almost as long as Italy has. Pizza was invented as a quick working class meal in Napoli at about the same time millions of such immigrants from Southern Italy were migrating from the US. Being almost a national dish, it has taken on it's own characteristics (however don't confuse chain garbage like Pizza Hut as being synonymous with American pizza). Most Americans would take their local pizza over the pizza served in Italy any day of the week.

Also note there are regional variations. In the South and the West the pizza is often not quite as good but in the north and midwest it is very good.

• Like 2

Pizza Hut now open on the darkside at soi nern plub wan next to the petrol station... 

personally, i'd love to try Dominos, but I could not get my address to work for delivery, I guess I am going to have to drive over to third road.

Living in Thailand for 8+ years, moved to Vietnam also making videos now on YouTube about life in Thailand, Vietnam

Nick Swift YouTube

Lots of good info! I like a great pizza with plenty of beer to wash it down with!

Pizza Hut now open on the darkside at soi nern plub wan next to the petrol station... 

personally, i'd love to try Dominos, but I could not get my address to work for delivery, I guess I am going to have to drive over to third road.

Don't bother if it tastes the same as Dominos in the States...it's really just ultra-processed rubbish

Edited by mr21

Don't bother if it tastes the same as Dominos in the States...it's really just ultra-processed rubbish

I just had Domino's yesterday and it tasted just like one of those frozen pizzas you get at the store like DiGiorno's. Nothing wrong with that, but if I wanted frozen pizza taste, I'd get that.

Pizza Hut is much better, love that deep dish meat lovers since I was young.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

• 3 weeks later...

there is a special xmas offer in walking st at the moment near insomnia ....................

attachicon.gifdec 11 193_800x600.jpg

attachicon.gifdec 11 194_800x600.jpg

Had a very picky friend get this and said it was very nice

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

Had a very picky friend get this and said it was very nice

went with a lucky guy the other day who had tricked me into buying a pizza by bribing the Skyfall gogo workers to miss the opening date

i thought it was good and at 69 bht plus 50 bht for a coke great walking st value

dec 22 195_800x533.jpg

Edited by striderman

Was very good but I bough my own Coke

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

Great value with a very good amount of cheese. If I was in town I would have one most nights.

But 50bt coke is for high rollers.

Edited by ertert

Great value with a very good amount of cheese. If I was in town I would have one most nights.

But 50bt coke is for high rollers.

apart from 7/11 and family mart you are going to struggle to find it any cheaper than that on Walking Street

Pepperoni is an american term for the type of salami put on pizzas ( Americans eat more pizza then any other country and the pizza eaten today is more American then Italian)

Bolognese is a meat based sauce named from the town in Italy that made it popular

Parmesan is hard cheese from Parma, Italy.

They do all exist so I guess you have to learn a bit more then what your mama said. 

WHEN IN THAILAND NEVER TRUST YOUR FARTS. :68: 

IT MAY BE A SQUIRT NOT JUST A FART. :SoWhat1: 

esSY2m9.gif

My Facebook.

I like to play Jenga on the first date. So she knows my pull out game is strong  :LMFAO: 

• 2 weeks later...

Best pizza I have eaten is at Antons in Naklua, it is included in their nightly buffet!

post-82617-0-19449800-1420140857_thumb.jpg

Just tried Fire and Stone Pizzeria today based on one of Evil's FB posts -- pretty damn good pizza!

Not all that cheap -- 12" pizza (pepperoni) and 1 Coke Light set me back 300 baht -- but it was a good one, in my book.

Located on Pattaya Klang/Central Pattaya Road (they're both names for the same road, right?) a little ways up from Beach Road on the south side of the street (the right side, if you are walking towards Second Road from Beach Road)

Photo (pepperoni/salami is under the cheese):

attachicon.gifpizza.JPG

Agreed. Went to Fire and Stone with my TGF and we both really liked the pizza!

I highly recommend anyone looking for a good thin crust pizza to try this place.

Edited by cutter
  • Like 2

Have to give a vote to Anton as my second favorite Pizza in town, it's nice home made crust and lots of cheese. The Buffet there is hands down the best variety buffet in it's price range. 245 baht 5pm to 930pm, 150 baht after 930pm. mostly german food, lots of meat potatoes and gravy. One nice thing is that the menu changes up every night, unlike some buffets that have exactly the same thing every single night.

Just had some nice pizza tonight at the Aqua Demi (SP) bar way out on the darkside. Every friday night 99baht pizza buffet. Was pretty good, nice thin home made crust and decent toppings, was not expecting much for 99 baht, was very pleasantly surprised. Biggest complaint would be the slow pace of pies coming out to feed the buffet, but they obviously don't have a huge kitchen.

• Like 2

there is a special xmas offer in walking st at the moment near insomnia ....................

attachicon.gifdec 11 193_800x600.jpg

attachicon.gifdec 11 194_800x600.jpg

Its only to eat on the premises at that price, they wanted to charge me 149 baht for takeaway.

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

Had three different pizzas at Pizza Pizza by the Avenue shopping complex.

First one was an Italian sausage. Something about the pizza just tasted off, it must have been the sauce which didn't have a fresh taste to it. The dough wasn't all that great either.

Second was a single slice (which was pretty big) all meat. This pizza was excellent.

The third was a single slice meatball, and it was not good at all. Probably one of the least tastiest pizzas I've ever eaten. It tasted like someone put a can of chef boyardee sauce with meat on top of the crust, and that taste just permeated every bite. Not very pleasant at all.

So a mixed bag for my favorite pizza joint.

I ended up going to Pizza Co. to get that memory out of my mind. Good pizza there.

IMG_2132.JPG

IMG_20141227_153449.jpg

IMG_20150102_103756.jpg

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

The middle one, slice with meat you posted, is definently one of my favorite ones in Pattaya. Of course Pizza Company's Meat lover is good as well, but had so many times, by now.

I will try the middle pizza in my next trip....do you remember the price?

I will try the middle pizza in my next trip....do you remember the price?

It wasn't cheap, 400 + baht I think, but better than Pizza company, and lots of different meat toppings

It wasn't cheap, 400 + baht I think, but better than Pizza company, and lots of different meat toppings

I am asking the 1 slice of pizza full of meat...cant we buy just 1 slice??