IGNORED

Best Pizza in Town

Sad to say the Wednesday pizza buffet at Loaf is no more.

Happy to say i have a new favorite place, only it's on the darkside. PumPui on Soi Siam Country Club, north side of the Soi, just before the stoplight.

Crust made there, good quality toppings and sauce. Pretty good prices too. My favorite is the Regina with ham, olives and mushrooms, 190 baht. 280139acbbd74e588fd9b9693579e3c9.jpg

Tried most of the pizza places but still the best pizza in town IMO is pizza big down Naklua road . 

Tried most of the pizza places but still the best pizza in town IMO is pizza big down Naklua road .

About where on Naklua?

I want to try the Nick the Pizza place.  Heard a lot of good reviews on the boards here.

Maybe next trip as I am back at work now. :Hate_Computer:

I tried it long ago and found it very strange and definitely not to my taste. Perhaps that is British style pizza? But pizza is so subjective.

About where on Naklua?

About 300 meters from the roundabout . 

About 300 meters from the roundabout .

Is that the place with the oven at the front of the restaurant? (you can see it when you walk past)

Mamas' on Soi 6 does a very good Euro style thin crust. The Al Funghi is delicious and I think you can order it to go and have it at your favorite bar. So you can't beat the ambiance. ;) Maybe a bit pricey for the cheap charlies here, though, at 300 baht...

I'd like to try the deep dish from Pastrami and Rye next time i am in town though. 

Is that the place with the oven at the front of the restaurant? (you can see it when you walk past)

That's the one . A few tables outside and quite big inside . 

pizza-big.jpg

pizza-big2.jpg

Sad to say the Wednesday pizza buffet at Loaf is no more.

Yes, a huge shame. This was far and away the best value and quality in Thailand (that I know of) for the price.

Presumably it died because of too many people eating 5 whole pizzas with one small glass of water.

There is a new pizza and pasta buffet at Aroi Resto Sukumvit Soi 89 on Thursday evenings (still in the soft launch stage, I think). No idea what it's like, but I've done the Friday mussels evening and the Sunday buffet lunch and both were good for the price.

Frasers Jomtien has an all you can eat pizza night every week on Thursdays for 250. Has anyone tried it? What's the setup? Do you order all the pizzas you want or is there is a buffet table to get slices off of? 

Edited by Kreggerz

Frasers Jomtien has an all you can eat pizza night every week on Thursdays for 250. Has anyone tried it? What's the setup? Do you order all the pizzas you want or is there is a buffet table to get slices off of? 

has to be the latter or too much food would be wasted

has to be the latter or too much food would be wasted

I don't know. The way they promote it, I think it's more like you keep ordering pizzas. Which means practically most people will stop at 2 per person max. 

They do not say buffet. They say all you can eat. 

Edited by Kreggerz

Not sure if it's been mentioned already as 14 pages is a bit of a hefty slice to wade through just to confirm the fact, but my current favourite pizza place is Aroy Dee.

Aroy Dee is located on 2nd Road, opposite Soi 8. Phone = 086 393 3294

They have seating there or takeaways, seemingly no delivery of their own.

Most pizzas come in at B200, such as ham and mushroom etc..

My current favourite (and of her indoors) is the carbonara, which costs B220. 

All come in a medium size.

I live pissing distance from that Dominoes Pizza place on 3rd Road, but I've had two lots from there and learnt my lesson.

Scent from my anus using crapatalk

"I live pissing distance from that Dominoes Pizza place on 3rd Road, but I've had two lots from there and learnt my lesson."

Most expensive pizza in whole Thailand.

9 inch pizza 320b. Every tuesdays buy one, one free.

Still not worth of money, rip of, I think.

Last trip I asked the hotel manager what the best pizza in town was, and they recommended Hopf.  Let me be clear:  Hopf was a total mistake.  They had good beer, but their food was absolute shit.  I ordered a pizza with extra cheese, bacon and black olives (my fave combo), and I just could not believe the idiotic mess that came out.  Almost no cheese at all, and then the toppings were (1) a single, whole bacon strip down the center of each slice with (2) a single, whole black olive perched precariously on top of the bacon slice, as in it rolls right off the slice onto the restaurant floor when you pick it up.  Had these guys just never seen pizza before?  Also ordered buffalo wings (pizza and wings, should be impossible to screw it up completely) and got something that wasn't anywhere remotely close to anything resembling a distant cousin of an acquaintance of a buffalo wing.  Just, what the hell, Hopf?  The beer was good though.  Just...not the food.

I'll need to try the Loaf restaurant when I get the chance.  I wonder if Chicago-style deep dish could succeed in Pattaya. 

Pastrami and Rye Jomtien does Chicago style deep dish pizza. They have other styles as well including Sicilian. 

Not sure if it's been mentioned already as 14 pages is a bit of a hefty slice to wade through just to confirm the fact, but my current favourite pizza place is Aroy Dee.

Aroy Dee is located on 2nd Road, opposite Soi 8. Phone = 086 393 3294

They have seating there or takeaways, seemingly no delivery of their own.

Most pizzas come in at B200, such as ham and mushroom etc..

My current favourite (and of her indoors) is the carbonara, which costs B220. 

All come in a medium size.

I live pissing distance from that Dominoes Pizza place on 3rd Road, but I've had two lots from there and learnt my lesson.

Excellent review !

You have stated the price, precise location and opinion.

Without all of those things these reviews are .........well just something to read.

Thank you

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

Pastrami and Rye Jomtien does Chicago style deep dish pizza. They have other styles as well including Sicilian. 

When the half price offer was on, not though for deep dish, I loved them.

The offers over and now they are just overpriced IMO.

http://www.pastramionryethailand.com/#!pizza/c229z

When the half price offer was on, not though for deep dish, I loved them.

The offers over and now they are just overpriced IMO.

http://www.pastramionryethailand.com/#!pizza/c229z

Yes they have expensive pizzas but real deep dish is always relatively expensive because they use so much product.

• Like 1

I've had PonR's pizza before as many of the bars on Soi 6 will order it for their party nights. 

Not bad, but not all that great either. It hits the spot. Kind of reminds you of the Pizza you'd get at a Junior High sleepover. Which can be comforting and brings back memories.

We'd stay up in our sleeping bags till the wee hours comparing which girls in our class had the nicest boobs. That was our idea of a good time.  We had no idea a place like Soi 6 even existed. 555.

Edited by Uncle-V

Yes they have expensive pizzas but real deep dish is always relatively expensive because they use so much product.

Across the board they have reduced the amount of product but hey...........

They, for example, used to say the weight of the meat in their sandwiches to justify the pricing, alas no longer and you just get less,

The pizzas were all really loaded but now not so, the deep dish is just the same as the rest, get less but pay the same if not even more

Having said that they are a rather niche market and they seem to have a captive one, those being Americans but they are not one of the larger markets in Pattaya.

The place is empty the vast majority of the time but when you have a captive market and high margins on your few patrons its a win, well for the owners at least..

Hey, as an expat worker in the Middle East I'm used to paying through the nose for anything "American style".  There's always the one place in town that actually does it right, and it's worth the price if you know what you want. 

I find that deep dish pizzas generally just have more dough. That isnt expensive.

I find that deep dish pizzas generally just have more dough. That isnt expensive.

Then you've clearly never had a real one. To add, I can't speak for whether Pastrami and Rye's Chicago deep dish pizzas qualify as real ones because I haven't tried them and probably won't as based on their other pizzas I've tried I don't think I'd like it. I prefer their thin crispy crust. 

Edited by Kreggerz