IGNORED

Best Pizza in Town

I like the one opposite the entrance of LK Metro on Soi buakaow, Brooklyn? Something like that.. There's so many "new York style" pizzas around. Met the owner Manfred, decent guy and seven staff

Probably shouldn't post this here as Pizza Plaza by no means has the best pizza. The dough is actually pre-cooked also. But it's an interesting pizza buffet that includes soda, salad bar, spaghetti w/sauce, spring rolls, chicken wings, Tom Yum, and a few other items, all of which were decent, but none top notch. I do like the concept of preparing your own pizza and cooking it at your table. Pizzas are about 4" wide and take 5 minutes to cook. All you can eat but there is a time limit of 1 hour and 15 minutes I think. Maybe 20 different toppings to choose from, as much cheese and sauce as you want, etc. Condiments include dried basil, parmesan (Canned not fresh), course ground salt and pepper, oil, etc. A fun place to take a date that likes Western food. About 15 tables and tonight I got the last one. 279 baht. Located on Pattaya Klang maybe 200 meters before Sukhumvit (In Welcome Town just East of Foodland).

702744_1061325300564899_379774672_n.jpg

1418323_1061325460564883_696848844_n.jpg

10449666_1061325353898227_955951298_n.jpg

10653943_1061325190564910_2051698052_n.jpg

10654079_1061325380564891_1483714211_n.jpg

12388264_1061325273898235_1549329106_n.jpg

12395242_1061325383898224_192559551_n.jpg

12395316_1061325217231574_351545810_n.jpg

12395316_1061325407231555_1271055847_n.jpg

12404168_1061325253898237_763502593_n.jpg

12404202_1061325423898220_899470273_n.jpg

12404377_1061325367231559_2081960354_n.jpg

12421349_1061325393898223_4169416_n.jpg

Edited by Sounder
  • Like 1

Had a decent pizza at some place on Beach Road on my last trip, think it was called hof

Probably shouldn't post this here as Pizza Plaza by no means has the best pizza. The dough is actually pre-cooked also. But it's an interesting pizza buffet that includes soda, salad bar, spaghetti w/sauce, spring rolls, chicken wings, Tom Yum, and a few other items, all of which were decent, but none top notch. I do like the concept of preparing your own pizza and cooking it at your table. Pizzas are about 4" wide and take 5 minutes to cook. All you can eat but there is a time limit of 1 hour and 15 minutes I think. Maybe 20 different toppings to choose from, as much cheese and sauce as you want, etc. Condiments include dried basil, parmesan (Canned not fresh), course ground salt and pepper, oil, etc. A fun place to take a date that likes Western food. About 15 tables and tonight I got the last one. 279 baht. Located on Pattaya Klang maybe 200 meters before Sukhumvit (In Welcome Town just East of Foodland).

Hi there! Good to hear you liked our place. May I ask how you heard from us? I'm curious as we market it solely to Thais at the moment. Any feedback to add? We are constantly trying to improve our product so any input is much appreciated. May also be via PM.

Heres a map and directions:

A. Coming from Sukhumvit Road

1. Turn into Pattaya Klang Road.
2. Drive approximately 170 meters.
3. Turn right into Soi Welcome Town (between WeCare clinic and Kiatnakin Bank).
4. PizzaPlaza is the second shop on your right hand side.

B. Coming from Central Pattaya Beach

1. Drive past Big C Extra on Pattaya Klang Road.
2. Drive past Foodland, Harbor Mall and PowerBuy.
3. Turn left into Soi Welcome Town (between WeCare clinic and Kiatnakin Bank).
4. PizzaPlaza is the second shop on your right hand side.

Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/w8VfMszrkcx(12.932866, 100.898812)
Phone number: 090 55 88 22 1 (English and Thai)

Please keep in mind we are closed on Monday. However, from next week we will be open 7 days/week.

map.png

Edited by DeeMak

Had a decent pizza at some place on Beach Road on my last trip, think it was called hof

hopf, bottom of soi yamoto next to pizza hut.

but it was one of those places that adds service and vat so the running bill is slightly deceptive

hopf, bottom of soi yamoto next to pizza hut.

but it was one of those places that adds service and vat so the running bill is slightly deceptive

That's the place mate, pizza was good, proper stone baked.

Venue alas wasn't my choice. The companion as frugal as she was certainly liked to tell her friend "where I took her" for dinner  :WinkGrin1:

May I ask how you heard from us? I'm curious as we market it solely to Thais at the moment. Any feedback to add? We are constantly trying to improve our product so any input is much appreciated. 

Why would you market it to Thais only ? Think it has good potential with the farang crowd (that is if you improve the

bottom . I know it's not easy to find the right one but these card board things is something that would turn me off) . 

I'm guessing because there are many more Thais than Farangs, for starters.

I saw your advert on Facebook, DeeMaak. However, I didn't realize it was in Pattaya.

I'm guessing because there are many more Thais than Farangs, for starters. 

- We're talking Pattaya ... right ? 

- How many Thais eat pizza compared to farangs ?

- How much does the average tourist spend on diner compared to a Thai ? 

You better don't start a business in Thailand ... 

Hi there! Good to hear you liked our place. May I ask how you heard from us? I'm curious as we market it solely to Thais at the moment. Any feedback to add? We are constantly trying to improve our product so any input is much appreciated. May also be via PM.

pics taken from pattaya klang right beside powerbuy........

dec 21 039 (Custom).JPG

dec 21 041 (Custom).JPG

once u see this sign turn in and it comes up on the right hand side in short order

- We're talking Pattaya ... right ? 

- How many Thais eat pizza compared to farangs ?

- How much does the average tourist spend on diner compared to a Thai ? 

You better don't start a business in Thailand ... 

I think DeeMaak knows what he's doing. He's targeting his advertising budget in a way to attract the most customers. Thais love these cook-it-yourself buffet type operations. This is a new type one. Seems very smart to me. If he's successful, I could see him expanding all over Thailand, not just Pattaya.

Big risks, big payoffs.

To be honest, those pizza crusts really don't appeal to me at all because I know what a good pizza crust is like. The vast majority of Thais don't and get their pizza from the likes of Pizza Company and similar places.

Edited by expatdude

To be honest, those pizza crusts really don't appeal to me at all because I know what a good pizza crust is like. The vast majority of Thais don't and get their pizza from the likes of Pizza Company and similar places.

I don't think they would appeal to many tourists. So its probably sensible its targeted at thais. No doubt central pattaya rent would be a killer too.

I can't imagine wanting to make my own little teeny pizza. Strange to me, but looks like its doing well. Good luck :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, sorry, that place doesn't belong on any best pizza thread anywhere. Clearly not trying to be that either. 

I was told about it from my Thai teacher. I felt a little bad about taking the last table as I was by myself and every other table had 3-5 people. I think I saw one other falang (with Thai wife and kid) and the rest were Thai. Not sure much can be done about the crust as it needs to be partially cooked to prevent it from sticking in the cooker. I did like all the options at my table such as two different tomato sauces, bottle of oil, parmesan, ground salt and ground pepper shakers, a glass full of folded napkins(rarely see that anywhere I go), bottle of oil and also the magnetic spatula holder. One thing I would change is to get rid of the waffles/syrup and replace it with some kind of real dessert(maybe cake) as there was not any desserts that I could see. Maybe have a diet soda option too. Your staff did a good job of replenishing everything...didn't see any foods run out. There's a million places to eat but I will be back but only with a date as I know the ladies like something different and fun sometimes.

Edited by Sounder

My Thai wife went there last week with 2 of her friends absolutely loved it

She does not normally really like pizza

It is the actual making your own pizza with friends which is the pull

A very good idea and thinking out the box

You know, the group experience, pay to cook your own food thing.

I'm not knocking this place for what they're doing. It's a Thai thing. It's not something for westerners looking for an actual pizza, that's all. 

Edited by Kreggerz

I was told about it from my Thai teacher. I felt a little bad about taking the last table as I was by myself and every other table had 3-5 people. I think I saw one other falang (with Thai wife and kid) and the rest were Thai. Not sure much can be done about the crust as it needs to be partially cooked to prevent it from sticking in the cooker. I did like all the options at my table such as two different tomato sauces, bottle of oil, parmesan, ground salt and ground pepper shakers, a glass full of folded napkins(rarely see that anywhere I go), bottle of oil and also the magnetic spatula holder. One thing I would change is to get rid of the waffles/syrup and replace it with some kind of real dessert(maybe cake) as there was not any desserts that I could see. Maybe have a diet soda option too. Your staff did a good job of replenishing everything...didn't see any foods run out. There's a million places to eat but I will be back but only with a date as I know the ladies like something different and fun sometimes.

Thanks a lot for your reply. Don't ever feel bad taking a table at our place :-) Your feedback about the waffles is well noted. Diet soda is in consideration as well.

This is my favorite pizzaplace in Pattaya.

Have been there about ten times and never disappointed.

Pizzas are thin and crispy.

Pizza on the plate was with ham, pepperoni, mushrooms and shrimps 290b.

Size is about 40cm/16in real big one.

http://twolionsrestaurant.com/about-us/

20151223_145113.jpg

20151223_145130.jpg

Edited by soi16

This is my favorite pizzaplace in Pattaya.

Have been there about ten times and never disappointed.

Pizzas are thin and crispy.

Pizza on the plate was with ham, pepperoni, mushrooms and shrimps 290b.

which one is it or is it a secret ?

which one is it or is it a secret ?

I think Evil did a thread on it!  Swedish Pizza!

They are not open for breakfast!