IGNORED

Best Pizza in Town

Ohhh,good Intel that.

Keep me updated please.

I'm gonna crush it when I get there.

they put the first sign up just for you. there is some red bench stle seating inside but it is pretty narrow and i do not know how the outside table/s will fare in the current clampdown on street trading

oct 3 029 (Custom).JPG

:Hello:

New York Pizza on 3rd road

Ham and Mushroom

370 Baht

:Photo1:

attachicon.gifNYP1.jpg

attachicon.gifNYP2.jpg

:Good_Night:

Looks good Benny should look them up when I am in town.

other site done.

this bit looked ready to open this evening

oct 5th 068 (Custom).JPG

taken with my back to beefeaters soi diana side

other site done.

this bit looked ready to open this evening

attachicon.gifoct 5th 068 (Custom).JPG

taken with my back to beefeaters soi diana side

They will name that "the wag" bench.

Put a little plaque there.

• 2 months later...

My favorite pizza from last trip was Pan Pan pizza in Central Festival.

I also enjoyed the pizza from Nong Jai restaurant on second road Till Plaza area. I had pizza there before too and liked it.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

My favorite pizza from last trip was Pan Pan pizza in Central Festival.

I also enjoyed the pizza from Nong Jai restaurant on second road Till Plaza area. I had pizza there before too and liked it.

Welcome back QM,where have you been?

Robw

Welcome back QM,where have you been?

Thanks robw, just took some time off from the board from being bummed out over injury issues.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

There are a number of places with decent pizza in town so saying the best with any confidence is almost impossible as nobody has tried every place and pizza tastes are so personal.

That said, recently had a very excellent pizza at the new Marco's location on Thappraya in Jomtien.

Not the cheapest place especially as their drink prices will prop up your bill (90 for a Leo) but I think most people would like it.

It's a very Italian restaurant but it is not the super thin, super crispy style that some Italian pizzas have. More like a medium thick, medium crisp. The toppings are good quality.

http://www.marcospattaya.com/

I had this one:

Charly 380 baht

tomato, mozzarella, Anchovy, capers, gorgonzola

Thanks robw, just took some time off from the board from being bummed out over injury issues.

Good to see you back,like reading your posts.

Robw

Im boring, but i like the pizza on Pizza Hut. 

Edited by jones78

All the favourite pizzas I've eaten were in Italy. The best ever was in a railway station cafe in Piza!

Also a big fan of flammkuchen, German version of pizza. Best flammkuchen was in a German bar in Kuala Lumpur. Not a massive fan of Malasian food, so ate flammkuchen every night.

Best pizza in Pattaya? Haven't found a decent one yet. (don't eat American style pizza, not to my liking).

All the favourite pizzas I've eaten were in Italy. The best ever was in a railway station cafe in Piza!

Also a big fan of flammkuchen, German version of pizza. Best flammkuchen was in a German bar in Kuala Lumpur. Not a massive fan of Malasian food, so ate flammkuchen every night.

Best pizza in Pattaya? Haven't found a decent one yet. (don't eat American style pizza, not to my liking).

I don't know about German pizza but I simply don't believe you can't find an Italian style pizza in Pattaya that wouldn't be good for you.

Where have you gone here exactly other than the American style places which you obviously shouldn't go to because you don't like those styles.

Styles because there are several types of American style pizza and there are multiple Italian styles too.

I think its alot easier to find good Italian style pizza then american style pizza in Thailand. I know this is a Pattaya thread but if you like Italian pizza peppina in BKK offers pizza just as good as anywhere i had in Italy. They import all their ingredients and the chef went to school in Naples in Italy to make pizza. Even their oven is imported its a must try if you like Italian food. 

I think its alot easier to find good Italian style pizza then american style pizza in Thailand. I know this is a Pattaya thread but if you like Italian pizza peppina in BKK offers pizza just as good as anywhere i had in Italy. They import all their ingredients and the chef went to school in Naples in Italy to make pizza. Even their oven is imported its a must try if you like Italian food. 

Yes, there are a number of Pattaya pizza places that use Italian ingredients, have Italian chefs (at least supervising), and the imported ingredients are easily available to restaurants here. I simply don't believe that people that like Italian style pizzas can't find at least one local restaurant to please them and probably multiple ones. I think such people just haven't bothered to find the likely places to go and then they need to try them. 

More on point and useful would be for people to say, I like Italian style pizza, I tried this place specifically, and this is why I think they fell short. 

Edited by Kreggerz

Here's the Italian style pizza I recently had at Marco's in Jomtien --

IMG_20170111_190147.jpg

Edited by Kreggerz
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

I just tried Pizzaart in Jomtien.

Jomtien on Thappraya near Linda's and View Talay 2.

This is the best Neopolitan crust pizza I've had in Thailand by far.

It's a specific kind of traditional crust made with few ingredients and cooked super fast. Bubbly, very chewy, significant char, can't hold a lot of toppings, and not firm enough to eat with your hand without bending.

If you like the crispy cracker type crust, go elsewhere. 

They also do special pastas, pizza bread sandwiches, and eggplant parm. Talk to the owner and he'll explain it all including many off menu choices.

Highly recommended. 

Edited by Kreggerz
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, Kreggerz said:

I just tried Pizzaart in Jomtien.

Jomtien on Thappraya near Linda's and View Talay 2.

This is the best Neopolitan crust pizza I've had in Thailand by far.

It's a specific kind of traditional crust made with few ingredients and cooked super fast. Bubbly, very chewy, significant char, can't hold a lot of toppings, and not firm enough to eat with your hand without bending.

If you like the crispy cracker type crust, go elsewhere. 

They also do special pastas, pizza bread sandwiches, and eggplant parm. Talk to the owner and he'll explain it all including many off menu choices.

Highly recommended. 

I'd like to try it just based on your description of the crust! Sounds exactly like the kind of crust I like. Have any pictures?

3 hours ago, BeerBelly said:

I'd like to try it just based on your description of the crust! Sounds exactly like the kind of crust I like. Have any pictures?

Here is their website with lots of pics of their pizza and other food.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pizzaart/1692137304441658

Their crust might be the chewiest I've ever had. Not sure if they intend to make it that chewy but I really liked it. 

They used to be on the dark side but moved to Jomtien. Just the one location. 

I went back for their eggplant parm.

It was maybe the best eggplant parm I've ever had.

The owner told me it was a house speciality.

The portion wasn't large but it was perfect. The style is along with the flour/egg coating they actually stuff the pieces with cheese. With tomato sauce of course.

It was 260.

I asked for bread to go with it.

What came was a generous basket of world class pizza bread. But they charged 50 for it. Worth it but I was hoping it would be included.

Can't quibble with the price when the food is that good. 

Their pizzas are on the large size. But still light because of the amazing crust. Good for a hungry person or to split maybe with an appetizer.

They also have a traditional Napoli style pizza bread sandwich menu. Lower priced than the pizza for a lighter meal or lunch. 

The pizza I had included baked ham, basil, mushroom, and ricotta cheese for 300 but a basic pizza would be much less. 

They have a similar combo in calzone. 

Edited by Kreggerz