IGNORED

Best Pizza in Town

Inspired by the “Best Burgers in Town” thread I thought I’d start one about my other Falang food craving that comes along now and then, Pizza.

My nomination for the best pizza in town would have to be Loaf on Soi Lengkee

Click here for a google streetview for the location

Being a bakery, it is no surprise that the crust is excellent, and the quality of toppings is pretty good too, the cheese in particular. A lot of pizza places in Thailand use really bad cheese, luckily Loaf is ot one of them. 

Pizza available pretty much any time they are open, but the best deal is the Wednesday night buffet. 6pm to 9pm they have an all you can eat buffet for about 250 baht, plus drinks. you will find all the usual topping sets we Falangs are used to, but some of the topping sets that come out are a little odd for western tastes. The Thai folks really seem to dig the tuna salad pizza. Honestly I’m sort of getting a taste for it myself. The one with sunny side up eggs on it seemed weird too until I tried it, now it’s one of the ones I keep my eye out for. 

Even without the buffet I would say it is hands down the best pizza I have had here, but the added bonus of getting a serious pizza feed on for about the price of a multi topping pie is a real bonus.

Good coffee and pastry/cake as well.

Who else has a great pizza place recommendation?

Edited by furryman

This should be an interesting thread but the sad fact is I have never had any GREAT pizza in Thailand.It is something that I have missed as well coming from the US and if I lived in LOS it is something I would miss about home.I like the Pizza Company's portions but it is rather poor pizza,relatively speaking.

I'VE BEEN TO THE FUCKING MOUNTAINTOP !!! :Party3:

My favorite: the pizza cart in the corner of WS / Soi Diamond. :)

Particularly the salami slices are brilliant. :)

(The lady with the cart told me the pizzas themselves come from Pizza 24, also on Soi Langkee.)

Edited by strawberrypi

i used to like NY PIZZA HOUSE on 3rd road....but its gone to the dogs.

now i like THE BROOKLYN DINER on soi bukhao........

Gotta be The Loaf. 

Their Hawaiian is awesome. In addition to ham and pineapple, they also add sausage.

This should be an interesting thread but the sad fact is I have never had any GREAT pizza in Thailand.It is something that I have missed as well coming from the US and if I lived in LOS it is something I would miss about home.I like the Pizza Company's portions but it is rather poor pizza,relatively speaking.

Yes but will not single out the best Pizza in Pattaya but rather what our opinions are. 

The one I like the best another guy could think is shit so who's right ?

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

Tossing out our opinions about it is the whole Idea. IF a place gets a lot of recommendations, odds are it's gonna at least be above decent. Which is a good thing because IMO most pizza here is indecently bad.

Happy to have at least 2 new places on my list to try from the thread already. If there is a place better than Loaf I'd be stoked to find it.

Yes but will not single out the best Pizza in Pattaya but rather what our opinions are. 

The one I like the best another guy could think is shit so who's right ?

Pineapple on a pizza is awesome, but not traditional I'll admit. I understand you see it a lot less in the east of the US than we do out on the west coast. That's part of what I love about Pizza, It can have such fun local variations. Like tuna salad pizza, or bacon and eggs over easy pizza.

You never see pineapple on a pizza in Italy ... Apart from the fact it doesn't grow there ... Just not done!

Though if someone does like it (not me) ... Whatever makes you happy! Happy pizza!

The best pizza is a new start up,  its real american pizza. I dont have a menu on me but it has chicago deep pan and stuff like that which isnt available else where.

His name is sean and he delivers.  Hes getting a shop soon.

The best pizza is a new start up,  its real american pizza. I dont have a menu on me but it has chicago deep pan and stuff like that which isnt available else where.

I could seriously go for an awesome deep dish 'meat lover's' right now. 

What happened to NY pizza on 3rd road. It is great and my favorite.

Still there. 

They started doing something weird with their sauce about 2 years ago. They added a flavor (spice?) that you taste in Thai food. It just doesn't work on a pizza.

Everything else about their product is very good, but that sauce change has led to me not ordering from them anymore.

Prediction: When this thread shakes out after several weeks, the joint coming out on top will be The Loaf. Just like Carl's Jr. in the burger thread.

Edited by Pattaya_Brian

The French place next to friendship ... And a bargain 120 baht for margarita ... Thin crust really cheesy and yummy and then you can add any topping you want ,,, around 15-20 baht per topping ....

Not only cheapest but best pizza in my eyes

Not the best but pretty good and cheap too.

You have to count on the owner sticking around to make the pizzas. He tends to wander off. Even in the middle of the dinner hour.

It's a coffee shop. Not a pizzeria. But if you get lucky, you might find him there tending to his business. Don't count on it though.

I like Pizza Company, it's one of those things you just acquire a taste for and crave sometimes when in Thailand.

I like pizza pizza at the Avenue shopping complex, nice thin crust and fresh ingredients wood fired oven

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

two of the places mentioned

taken today

jan feb 26 155_800x494.jpg

the french place next to friendship supermarket in pattaya tai

jan feb 26 159_800x600.jpg

loaf in soi lenkee

• Like 2

I love pizza and I treat it like a serious topic ....

.... It is one of the great dishes in the world ... Haven't met many people who don't like pizza ... Haven't met any actually ...

I must say ... Apart from the chain pizza stores .... Most pizza's I've eaten in pattaya are pretty good ... Taken where we are ....

Though not traditional ... I did have one in Bangkok (salmon and sour cream) .... Yumm!

Sadly for me, the TG that I spent the bulk of my last 3 trips with fell into that category!

I'm enjoying the input on this thread.  This thread joins the "Best Burger," "Best Steak" and couple of others the as my "where to eat" sources (and, of course, Nixonsbest's breakfast reviews)

The only pizza I have had in Pattaya was on one of my first trips, and I hit Pizza Hut....it's fairly disgusting here, but it was virtually inedible in Pattaya!  Probably the worst meal I have had on any of my trips....and I'm including the chicken fried rice that gave me food poisoning!  At least the chicken fried rice TASTED good!

I have tried his pizza and agree it is the closest thing I have seen to American pizza in Pattaya. To my understanding Sean and his father do all the cooking in their house. It will be great when they get a shop going. Maybe on Soi 6!!

What about the pizza at Fabrise (however it's spelled) over near where I used to live. Not the best, but close and not too bad.

Sent from my too expensive Samsung tablet.

I have tried his pizza and agree it is the closest thing I have seen to American pizza in Pattaya. To my understanding Sean and his father do all the cooking in their house. It will be great when they get a shop going. Maybe on Soi 6!!

how much is the home made pizza?and how do you know the ingredients without a menu?

Its in Bangkok, but the best place I had pizza is Hemingway in soi, I think, 14. Quite pricy but very good and a location is a converted house... Run by an American guy who's a fan of the writer

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

The best pizza in Pattaya is a restaurant called Da Guilio & Nan on Second Road............and their other italian food is great too.

I know it's not considered real pizza . But my fav is the" pizza company" seafood pizza . I always keep some in the ice box in my condo at all time . Good god I love that pizza .

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..