IGNORED

COYI

rattlin

Nolan getting injured is a right result as Fat Sam was never going to drop him even though he is generally useless without Carroll in the team. We looked a lot better with Zarate playing dehind Cole and the wingers were even coming in to the middle of the park. Valencia stilll to come in as well.

I know it's only Palace, but they done the double on us last season if I recall correctly, but if we continue to play like that I'll be a happy Hammer

Good result lads, at least we have points on the board.

What does everybody think about Tony Pulis as manager?

image.png

The next manager conundrum!! He seems to have left his last two jobs over problems with transfer budgets/lack of ambition so you've got to think how long would he be at our place before he has a similar disagreement with our board.

I think we need to be morre ambitious with the forthcoming move to the new stadium but don't have the answer with who that could be TBH

• 4 weeks later...

All change at the Boleyn.

We seem to have a football team capable of competing with anyone.

Or have I just got my WHU specs on.

Great performance yesterday, sort of saw it coming at Hull, but never expected that. Defended solidly and our attack is all of a sudden a very potent threat,

All the new players look solid, Cresswell, Song, Sakho, Valencia, Kouyate. Zarate Jenkinson and Amalfitano. Downing thriving in his new role. Cant see Nolan starting a game again while they are all fit.

A Happy Hammer

COYI.  

Hopefully they will go on to the winning ways from Liverpool win, maybe boost their confidence .

Hopefully they will go on to the winning ways from Liverpool win, maybe boost their confidence .

Kind words for sure Jock. Proud of the boys performance today. Teddy Sherringham as attacking coach is starting to show results. Even without Carroll and Nolan we look capable of scoring consistently for the first time in years.

coyi.jpg

image.png

Must say I was very happy to feel a happy Hammer after that, I was biting my nails to my elbows for much of the game even at 3 - 1 was still on the edge of my seat knowing what Liverpool are capable of but a fine performance from a new look side.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

• 1 month later...

Bump Bump Bump.

Bit quiet on this thread, considering!!!!!!!!!

Or are we all just dumbstruck with having nothing good to watch or say for God knows how long.

COYI 

:Grin_Jump1:  :Grin_Jump1:  :Grin_Jump1:  :Grin_Jump1: 

Am still pinching myself, just keen to see how things go for the rest of the season, of course the worry is we show off some good new talent and the big time charlies come in and scoop them up for big money in January.

Great to see them playing so well as a team and the fans singing loud.

Am still pinching myself, just keen to see how things go for the rest of the season, of course the worry is we show off some good new talent and the big time charlies come in and scoop them up for big money in January.

Great to see them playing so well as a team and the fans singing loud.

Don't think Andy Carroll will ever get into the first team sheet wth Valencia and Sakho up front , agreed they wil be under the eyes of big clubs in January transfer window which is unfair . Edited by jocky king

Be positive, most of so called Big guns are in our wake at the moment, stay where we are till Jan, then the attraction of leaving a winning side with

seemingly great team spirit, to be a bit part player in a side would be tempered slightly.

With luck, 2 yrs time and the OS comes into play and we could become a "big gun" ourselves.

As seen through claret n blue specs.  :GoldenSmile1:

Bubbles.

Yes great to see the new boys performing so well and hungry and has brought the best out of the others, Carrol maybe a good option as a sub and if we get injuries and I am sure he already knows if/when he gets a chance he will have to play well to get a regular spot.

The header Valencia scored with last week was as good a header as I have ever seen Carroll score with.

Just seen this thread, Nice to see that the West Ham family is alive and well in Patts, looking good for us can seeing us scoring against anyone, gutted I missed the game yesterday but was the wife's birthday, missed 3 of the 5 home league games so far this season, reckon I must be a Jinx, maybe I should jack my ST's in (Season tickets that is!!!!), back in Thailand in January so will be hopefully we will get a win against Hull in my absense, oh and Russell at the Links Bar on Buakhao also a Hammers fan if anyone is interested.

Unsurprisingly the best atmosphere I've seen over the Boleyn since we turned Chelsea over a couple of seasons back. Thought everyone had a good game, and it did seem at times that the refereee had a sky blue top on.

Talk in the papers that Sakho could be out for 4 weeks with a shoulder injury which would be a bit of a bitch.

COYI

I was at the first game of the season V Spuds and I was thinking about a bet on Spurs to win as we did such a turn on them last season and the fact that I was at the game, (first time in UK for 10 years) I just had the feeling they would win and I could not bring myself to bet on the Spuds.

When we got a pen I thought hang on and Noble missed his first ever I knew we were in for it and in the 93rd min got the cruncher but really were the better side on the day but since then apart from the Southampton game we have been superb. COYI

Don't think Andy Carroll will ever get into the first team sheet wth Valencia and Sakho up front , agreed they wil be under the eyes of big clubs in January transfer window which is unfair .

Adrian

Jenkinson                                         Collins                         Reid                                Cresswell

Noble                                                  Song

Downing

Sakho                                                                                    Valencia

Carroll    

Bench, Any From, Jussi, Tomkins, Demel, Poyet, Amalfitano, Jarvis, Nolan, Zarate, Cole, Obrien, Kouyate.

Be a brave set up, but Sakho and Valencia are so pacey and track back to do their bit in our third

Imagine the pace of Valencia and Sakho on Carrolls Knock downs.

Downing, Jenkinson and Cresswell crossing for the top 3.

Plus all the other permutations.

Would shit the life out of any defense in premiership and be fun at the other end.

:4:  :4:   

Options with Jarvis skinning them down the wing, Kouyate has shone before injury, like to see more of him, Tomkins still a favourite in defence so can cover injuries, and when Carroll gets crocked again after a game or two Carlton can nick one here and there.

Only 1 claret and blue and that's the villa 55555 sotc

LOL, Do you think they will beat QPR later tonight

Edited by Daveo

Credit ware it's due that was a fantastic result for yous on Saturday.

I wouldn't say never in doubt city can just turn it on. They put 2 past us in the last 8 mins and didn't look like scoring before that

Ah, I was waiting for this thread to re-appear after saturday's result - well done by the way.

At least some of you are getting joy from the footy results, sadly not the Captain.