Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Brilliant taxi service - Meow

hggcraig

Glad you brought this up I had probably the same wanker driver..and the time before that I had another crazy fucker driver...I just booked again for the 23rd Feb IF i get the same shit I will find someone else, half the reason I gave Mr T the arse was because of shit drivers...

I sent her an email yesterday about her driver that took me to the airport last Thursday, he was texting and on facebook while driving, I told her I never want this driver again. She hasn't replied!

Seems I am not the only one, her drivers are kamikaze pilots....Been using her for about 2 years and the drivers are getting worse and worse, when I went back to Swampy in early march the driver was doing 140ks a hr, told my thai wife to tell him to slow the fuck down,which he did ...for 5 minutes and back speeding. Emailed her about this young punk..NO reply, so next trip in July I will try someone else...my life and my wifes is worth more than 1000 baht.

Edited by ProudAussie
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

We are 4 adults with backpack and need taxi from don muang to pattaya, I have asked Meow for Innova (1600 baht), but she proposed Mini Bus (2200 baht).

Do you guys think Innova is not enough for 4 adults ?

In Indonesia it is for 7 passengers.

We are 4 adults with backpack and need taxi from don muang to pattaya, I have asked Meow for Innova (1600 baht), but she proposed Mini Bus (2200 baht).

Do you guys think Innova is not enough for 4 adults ?

In Indonesia it is for 7 passengers.

It is 150 baht more pp, you could also propose to go with the Innova and pay 300 baht more, cut the price in the middle. If you share the taxi with 4 people busses, bts, minivan, bahtbus, walk.... Is not worth the hassle

• 1 month later...

used Meow service last week to swampy.

on time pick up and no drama on route.

i think the driver may have been older than me ! but he got the job done

Are these drivers legit licensed taxi drivers or just 'freelancers' hired by the company? 

Are these drivers legit licensed taxi drivers or just 'freelancers' hired by the company? 

They all have the correct insurances - whatever that means in Thailand - but they work F/L like all the other Taxi firms including Mr T

Worrying trend this. So far I've never faced any issues with Speeding or Texting with the drivers. 

I have been using Meows service for the last 6 months or so. To be fair I might try Nam or one of the others next time. The last few times I have used the service, they have been stopping for gas which gets on my tits.

I know a lot of people don't mind but I don't smoke and just want to get to the airport. I like to use as much of my time with my mates or at the lounge at the airport and not at the gas station.

I have been using Meows service for the last 6 months or so. To be fair I might try Nam or one of the others next time. The last few times I have used the service, they have been stopping for gas which gets on my tits.

I know a lot of people don't mind but I don't smoke and just want to get to the airport. I like to use as much of my time with my mates or at the lounge at the airport and not at the gas station.

When you book with Meow by email - confirm - NO STOPPING FOR GAS

Used Meow again this last trip, both from and to the airport, no complaints. The driver both times was a young chap, no texting or other such shenanigans.

That said there were 2 small delays caused by nasty crashes on the way back to the airport, the first involved an articulated lorry having gone completely through the concrete dividers into oncoming traffic and the second was 2 lorries and 3 cars, still got to the airport okay, but seeing such things certainly makes you think.

My friend convinced me to go with him in a Meow taxi from a Bangkok hotel to Pattaya.  Guy turns up two hours early wanting us to leave then, drove like a mad man, stopped for toilet break.  He stopped far away, then after he left the ladies in this far away location at a truck stop and drove to be close to the toilet so he could use it.  He also had a pretend flashing dash mounted blue and red light so he could pretend to be police and move cars out of his way.  Tail gated at 140 plus kms.

Brilliant you gotta be joking.  One of the worst.  Just as bad as MR T if not worse.  I will stay with my regular driver and pay the extra 200 to 300 baht to get their safely.

Whilst not Meow herself but if she is silly enough to trust her business reputation to this type of clown then his efforts reflect on her.

I have used meow's service now for the last couple of years. Probably 20 return trips.

As she has got busier the quality of her drivers has declined. Originally she was the one that always picked me up and she was great.

But the last couple of trips I have had both good and bad drivers. I had one that didn't take the motorway on the way to swampy (obviously trying to save himself the tolls), adding time to the trip which was a worry considering I was catching a plane - lucky I had time. Then the last trip was the worst. The guy spent the whole trip texting on his phone and checking facebook etc while tailgating every car. About 20 minutes out from swampy a car had rolled onto its roof and the traffic was banking up, lucky i saw the accident ahead and yelled at him to stop or we would have went straight up the ass of the car in front.

I sent her an email yesterday about her driver that took me to the airport last Thursday, he was texting and on facebook while driving, I told her I never want this driver again. She hasn't replied!

Seems I am not the only one, her drivers are kamikaze pilots....Been using her for about 2 years and the drivers are getting worse and worse, when I went back to Swampy in early march the driver was doing 140ks a hr, told my thai wife to tell him to slow the fuck down,which he did ...for 5 minutes and back speeding. Emailed her about this young punk..NO reply, so next trip in July I will try someone else...my life and my wifes is worth more than 1000 baht.

Worrying trend this. So far I've never faced any issues with Speeding or Texting with the drivers. 

Hate to agree with you, wingnutv, but, yeah .. worrying.

Early last year, I compiled a list of women drivers in a thread titled "TAXI/LIMO SERVICES – Women Owned, Operated, Recommended", now listing a half dozen women drivers with their contact coordinates and forum members reviews of their services .. Meow is counted amongst them.

At that time, Meow was a solo business, providing consistently safe and reliable service, and earning great reviews .. she still gets them .. I've used her, amongst others, and was impressed by her understanding of farang service expectations.

As her success has grown, she has recruited other drivers, who are apparently not rising to her high service standards.

As with many businesses that find the right calculus, maintaining consistent performance is for some a problem as they grow .. especially small, informal businesses, as this .. they lose sight of what got them there, accept compromises, favor the short-term money over the long-term money .. fail to recognize their distinct market advantages .. in Meow's case, this seems to be a human resources problem.

This probably works okay when the market is growing and there is plenty of business .. there is some reputation momentum that follows them from being highly sought after service, over the hump, and into decline.

But, the deficiency only becomes apparent when the market contracts and loyal customers are nowhere to be found .. their likely immediate response is to drop prices, reduce service and compete in a pool of mediocrity and 'doing just enough' (it's a Thai cultural thing).

In recent months, Meow seems to be receiving complaints about some of her drivers, whose driving skills and service are no different than those of the randomly brokered drivers .. with brokered drivers, you roll the dice and you take your chances with whose name is next on a list.

Meow's business is her business to do with as she wishes, but she might benefit, if not appreciate (another Thai cultural thing), feedback by forum members to whom she dispatches suicide monkeys .. (or,  particularly good drivers) .. this might be a pivotal time for someone close enough to her to coach her forward.

I hate to see a formerly high quality service as Meow's fall from favor .. finding high quality services here, in any sector, is just so difficult .. when I find them, I really like to promote them .. reading some of the forum members' complaints, I am uncertain that I feel the same about Meow now, as I did when I started the "TAXI/LIMO SERVICES – Women Owned, Operated, Recommendedthread.

For those using Meow, give her the benefit of direct customer feedback (good, and bad) .. hope she will dig a bit deeper into the talent pool when recruiting drivers, and re-dedicate herself to what makes the high quality service farang value.

If not .. there are other choices out there ...

Edited by brutox

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

I'm headed to Pattaya Shortly. This time I will mention in my email to instruct the driver about etiquette & safety. Will see how she responds.

Sent from my Vertu Signature Touch using Tapatalk

I've been using her almost exclusively for the last three years. I'd like to try Nam, but flying into and out of Don Mueang, Nam's pricing shows she doesn't want to go to Don Mueang. :-) That leaves be with Meow, or paying a lot more.

Every time I book her, I say, "please send someone no Facebook, no Line when driving, and not drive like racecar". I also message back whether the driver was good, or failed, and how they failed. I've gotten much better drivers since I started doing the pre and post messaging.

• Like 2

Great, Garzan, good, man .. these young entrepreneurs, without formal business experience, often give only notional consideration to important market factors, such as maintaining focus on the distinguishing advantages they developed for themselves in a particularly rich segment they are exploiting .. hope Meow wakes up and gets it, and the increasing trend in these complaints decreases.

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Never had a real problem with Meow's drivers. Yesterday it was Meow herself who drove me from BKK to Pattaya.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

got collected from swampy without incident on june the 8th.

Oh yeah, ordered a Meowtaxi for my arrival last week. Young guy driver, a little speedy but acceptable since Motorway 7 was light on traffic.

Had a clean Toyota Innova and no fuel stops. 1k baht.

Good job on using back sois to get to View Talay once we arrived in town, instead of being stuck on Sukhumvit and South Pattaya to get to Second Road.

Meow does a great job, when she is the driver. Had a guy pick me up (one if her drivers) at a Bangkok hotel for a ride to Pattaya. Really nice guy, but drove near "the limit". Mid week, with plenty of traffic, yet we made it in record time. Not my style, and sent message to Meow that he was an excellent driver and good guy, but not to send him again.

Got another fella 4 days later. Also a little fast, following cars too closely, etc, but did not make me too nervous. Meow charges 1100 thb, but there is an all female taxi service, that charges 1500 (Pattaya to Bangkok city). Think I will give her a try.

The RTAF just accepted several new pilot officers into training for the first time in history. Wish the taxi companies would also hire more gals.

TGOEA

I am getting there in a couple of hours my company booked me through PT taxi cost is 1000 baht there and the return journey is 900

That is total cost all included

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

meow took me to swampy the other sunday afternoon and picked me up monday night on my return.

perfect both times.

exited the plane at 20 02 monday night, breezed through immigration, baggage, customs, met meow and was in south pattaya at 22 02

I have used Meow taxi services lots of times, including two round trips late August and early September.  In the beginning, I nearly always got Meow herself, but as others have mentioned, her biz has apparently expanded and I haven't seen her for quite some time now.

There has always been someone there to meet me on time, which is the main thing since I usually arrive Bkk around 1 am or so. Once I was driven in a crappy vehicle, and I emailed her about that and she promised not to send that guy again. The last couple of trips I think I had 'speed racer' as was described in another post; the guy was doing 150km/h. most of the way.

I will keep using Meow since its been reliable, but I admit that it can be hit or miss if you are concerned about the driver adhering to speed limits.....mostly miss tbh.

i have been using meow for the past three trips from airport to pattaya return,6 trips in total,but the last time for both trips i got speedy gonzales himself,i asked meow to send good driver,this is what i got,150km/h + both ways,never again.reliable yes,on time yes,but too dangerous for me.

Gone are the days when you make a booking with Meow and you actually get her, even though she confirms that she will be driving. The last few times had such bad drivers i don't see the point in using her anymore. 

as an alternative gents you should try this one

very reliable most of the time works with her sister as well and is never late communicates well and a pleasure to drive with.

Cheap as well 1000baht to and from swampy

cant go wrong with her for sure

001_zps5v1cdxwz.jpg

she even has a mini bus available for larger groups or loads of lugage as you can see

S__10068011_zpsg2lzb05f.jpg

Edited by shipslife
  • Like 2

Gone are the days when you make a booking with Meow and you actually get her, even though she confirms that she will be driving. The last few times had such bad drivers i don't see the point in using her anymore. 

I pointed out in the thread earlier on that she has shit drivers now,I am not into 140kmh down the freeway.