Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

everyday is fryday, new fish n chip place

striderman

heard about this place and went to try once and wont be back

dorey fish same same as everywhere else, was average only ate half of it, batter was only good part.

garden peas were 25B extra and came in same small dish tatar sauce was in (see fotos) peas were hard not tasty.

was expecting real chips (made with potatoes) got crap frozen ones.

you get what you pay for, prob just worth 99B and no more, as said wont be back!

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was trying to quote your post above, but it didn't work properly.

Wanted to say, if you want good fish n chips & mushy peas, try the CAsual bar on Soi Khao Noi, East Pattaya. 115 Baht special on a Friday, fresh made chips and good quality large portion of fish. A nice bar too with plenty of good food on their menu.

i had the cheap 99 bht version twice and all i can say is i am a fussy bugger when it comes to fish n chips and if it had not been good i would not have gone back.

somebody else must be in town to give the place a onceover

i was there in jan really good food and very good value only small so can be a problem getting a seat,ido believe they deliver too.

Heres 2 for you

Jolly Friar on Soi Lengkee

Golden Ferrett on Soi New Plaza

Heres 2 for you

Jolly Friar on Soi Lengkee

Golden Ferrett on Soi New Plaza

eat a lot in the golden ferret always found the chips a bit slimy prefer frydays chips,if i fancy a lasagne though you,ve got to go a loing way to beat the golden ferret.

Was trying to quote your post above, but it didn't work properly.

Wanted to say, if you want good fish n chips & mushy peas, try the CAsual bar on Soi Khao Noi, East Pattaya. 115 Baht special on a Friday, fresh made chips and good quality large portion of fish. A nice bar too with plenty of good food on their menu.

can u give directions how to find Soi Khao Noi?? I want to try this bar because I really want to eat fresh made chips with my fish

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Jumping fishmongers/burgers!

somebody say burger.............here is one from january

jan 19 001 (Custom).JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Does'nt really matter about the fish if the chips aint real .  Is there any place in Pats that does proper chips ?

every time i,ve had "real chips"they,ve been filth much prefer every day is frydays chips i can be fussy but the only thing i,ve ever left in theres been a tip.

I think Frydays 99 baht fish and chips is a great value. i tried their cod at 180 baht and found it a bit chewy. Not as good as the 99 baht offer. The chips may not be perfect but for the price and that is basically a fast food joint it is a helluva deal

I think Frydays 99 baht fish and chips is a great value. i tried their cod at 180 baht and found it a bit chewy. Not as good as the 99 baht offer. The chips may not be perfect but for the price and that is basically a fast food joint it is a helluva deal

There's an in between option of Blue Grenadier at 145 Baht which I prefer.

It's like Hake, flaky and an ocean fish which I prefer to the Cod he offers.

There's an in between option of Blue Grenadier at 145 Baht which I prefer.

It's like Hake, flaky and an ocean fish which I prefer to the Cod he offers.

I think the 99 baht is a dori which i do like. I'll have to give the Blue Grenadier a try, thanks for the suggestion!

I think the 99 baht is a dori which i do like. I'll have to give the Blue Grenadier a try, thanks for the suggestion!

yes dory at 99 baht BM Striderman had that i had the Blue Grenadier and we swapped half to give them a side by side review and IMO the Blue was a firmer fish but not really worth the 50 baht difference. No complaints on either though his product is always very consistant

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

yes dory at 99 baht BM Striderman had that i had the Blue Grenadier and we swapped half to give them a side by side review and IMO the Blue was a firmer fish but not really worth the 50 baht difference. No complaints on either though his product is always very consistant

grenadier on the left

dec 11 184_800x600.jpg

we both agreed on the verdict

And the chips?  Me I like em, clean, crispy and I eat them first!

Chips are not crispy. They have a sort of heavy vinegar salty taste which i do like, but may not suit you given your stated preference

Chips are not crispy. They have a sort of heavy vinegar salty taste which i do like, but may not suit you given your stated preference

I like em!  As said I eat them them first!

looks great,  exactly where is new plaza.  ill definately try this place soon. 

looks great,  exactly where is new plaza.  ill definately try this place soon. 

new plaza off second rd about opposite between soi 7 and 8.

does not open till after 14.00 hrs

Almost directly across from soi 7 2nd rd. A few shops behind 94 cent coffee. Definitely one of the better deals in town

And the chips?  Me I like em, clean, crispy and I eat them first!

you can order baked beans as an extra !

somebody say burger.............here is one from january

If I pay a bit extra will they do me a fresh one?

Almost directly across from soi 7 2nd rd. A few shops behind 94 cent coffee. Definitely one of the better deals in town

almost directly across from soi 8 and the coffee place is now called bistro wine cafe

shot from second road top of soi 8......

aug 9 006 (Custom).JPG

new plaza sign top of right hand pole

aug 9 007 (Custom).JPG

down the left of this newly named coffee place

aug 9 008 (Custom).JPG

2 units past the golden ferret which is also rated among expats for its falang food

2 units past the golden ferret which is also rated among expats for its falang food

As has been said before, it does get busy and sometimes there aren't any spare tables (unless you crash someone else's).

However, they will fetch & carry to any of the bars in New Plaza and for that I find Micky's, almost directly opposite, particularly convenient and his drink prices are among the cheapest (eg SML 55 Baht).

Archived