IGNORED

everyday is fryday, new fish n chip place

striderman

You seen the Owner cooking lately ?

On my recent visits, he seems to have handed over the frying to a Thai.

The owner cooked the grenadier that I had last week. It was fine as usual. Well worth the extra 50B as far as I'm concerned.

I had to share a table and several people came in whilst I was there and left without eating as there were no free seats.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I regularly go to this fish and chip shop as the cod and chips are tasty in my mind.

But yesterday I had not eaten anything else all day and after eating the cod and chips I had a major stomach problem 5 hours later. (Vomit, diohorrea).

Now we have instant communication via the internet, maybe we can trace the source of stomach bugs more easily.

I also drank a few beers in various bars, and mixed with people on baht buses, so I am only trying to speculate on the source of the issue.

I hardly ever get sick like this.

So just asking if anyone else had a problem yesterday after eating there ?

Could be a new business idea - report your stomach-bugs.com !

I also drank a few beers in various bars, ...........................................

Much more likely the rats had been running round the beer bar pissing & crapping all over your bottles.    :Disease1:

Yes possibly. Bacteria etc can be in all sorts of places.

Gathering data on who is sick and what they were doing before might establish a pattern. The internet could make that a possibility.

I regularly go to this fish and chip shop as the cod and chips are tasty in my mind.

But yesterday I had not eaten anything else all day and after eating the cod and chips I had a major stomach problem 5 hours later. (Vomit, diohorrea).

I also drank a few beers in various bars, and mixed with people on baht buses, so I am only trying to speculate on the source of the issue.

It seems to me that freshly cooked fish and chips are one of the things that are the least likely to carry bacteria, thanks to the high cooking temperature. Of course there may be some cleanliness issues with the plates or the serving personnel.

Or perhaps it was just the combination of greasy food and beer on an empty stomach?

I've eaten at Frydays often and never had any trouble, though obviously that doesnt mean that nothing could ever be wrong there.

The one time I've got bad food poisoning in Pattaya (as opposed to more frequent runs :-) was from fish & chips.

That was at Rosie O'Gradys on Soi 7 many years ago.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

The one time I've got bad food poisoning in Pattaya (as opposed to more frequent runs :-) was from fish & chips.

That was at Rosie O'Gradys on Soi 7 many years ago.

As KittenKong said , F&C per se is highly unlikely to cause problems due to cooking temperatures and the lack of Ecoli in ocean fish such as Cod or Blue Grenadier/Hake.

However, if you choose to eat the Cheap Charlie factory farmed Mekong Delta Pangasius Catfish, then I wish you good luck.

Likely from the f&c going by what you wrote. Actually it was probably not the fish or the chips but tarter sauce or whatever sauce you used. Sauces worry me much more than actual food. I sometimes wonder when I sit at a table in a restaurant if the bottle of ketchup has been sitting there in the heat all day. Maybe it's 3 days old. Who knows.

As KittenKong said , F&C per se is highly unlikely to cause problems due to cooking temperature.

Yes that sounds correct, high temperatures kills bugs. The sauces could be the cause.

But since no one else has 'chipped' in with a similar illness report I think the cause will remain unknown.

I was fine 24 hours later and have appetite for F&C again!

Frydays would have to be one of the most consistent food outlets in Pattaya!

I have had one overcooked meal in over 30, pretty good stats anywhere in the world!

As far as cleanliness goes, I have seen the owner scrub the range hoods and chicken  rotisserie and his staff scour the floor tiles by hand.

Sauces and condiments you can tell yourself if they are off by the smell and taste!

He has a good rep and I doubt he would tarnish that by serving bad fish!

I do not praise many places in Pattaya, but this place is the ducks nuts for F&C!

^^^

What nickersoff said.

The suggestion that it was the F&C is Codswallop.     :Scared2:

Had the sausages with chips and gravy there last night. Very good and at 130 baht a great value. The owner was there and they were packed

Had the sausages with chips and gravy there last night. Very good and at 130 baht a great value. The owner was there and they were packed

I have said it before, what i like about the owner is he is not a piss in your pocket/meet & greet bloke!  It is just quality food at  reasonable price! No bullshit!

Actually it was probably not the fish or the chips but tarter sauce or whatever sauce you used.

That's quite possible, I think.

That's quite possible, I think.

Not sure about this. If there is something wrong with the sauce then there is a shitload of people going to be ill. You pick these bugs up from dirty money or touching toilet door handles.

Not sure about this. If there is something wrong with the sauce then there is a shitload of people going to be ill. You pick these bugs up from dirty money or touching toilet door handles.

Maybe one bowl of sauce had been hanging around for a long time? Or maybe something fell in it? It just seems a bit more likely to me than it being the F&C, assuming it was anything to do with that restaurant at all which is not proven.

Dirty money and toilet door handles seems unlikely, unless you actually lick them.

Dirty money and toilet door handles seems unlikely, unless you actually lick them.

Don't be silly. Hand touches bug ridden money, bug on hand, hand picks up food, bug on food, food goes in mouth etc.

Don't be silly. Hand touches bug ridden money, bug on hand, hand picks up food, bug on food, food goes in mouth etc.

Ah so that's how STDs are spread too?   

Always thought it was just toilet seats.    :hello09:

Ah so that's how STDs are spread too?   

Always thought it was just toilet seats.    :hello09:

No but that doesn't mean licking toilet seats is a good thing.

Anyway, my favourite thing from this place is the mussels in garlic.

I dont know about you but I eat my fish and chips with a knife and fork. And I pay after I've eaten, not before.

Most bacteria do not live long on inanimate objects like money.

No but that doesn't mean licking toilet seats is a good thing.

Anyway, my favourite thing from this place is the mussels in garlic.

I don't think this thread is the right Plaice for this sort of talk.

I dont know about you but I eat my fish and chips with a knife and fork. And I pay after I've eaten, not before.

Most bacteria do not live long on inanimate objects like money.

Ah I see. So the only time you touch money is when paying for fish and chips?

i've eaten there quite a few times since it opened and never had a problem.

sometimes there are several in the party and i have heard no complaints

Ah I see. So the only time you touch money is when paying for fish and chips?

Not at all. But when eating I either use a knife and fork or, if I'm eating something like a sandwich, I wash my hands before starting.

When I was growing up they taught this basic stuff in primary school.

Archived