IGNORED

everyday is fryday, new fish n chip place

striderman

Its 1230 local time in Pattaya, Im headed to this restaraunt now, I hope they are still open...

yup open for sure they are still serving when I sometimes pass going home 2AM

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before in what way?

As in the post directly above yours?   :hello09:

FWIW I couldn't find the place... I did see the aforementioned Mickey's bar though..

That's unfortunate. I did note they've a canopy which extends downwards and in doing so obstructs the 'Fryday' sign.

That's unfortunate. I did note they've a canopy which extends downwards and in doing so obstructs the 'Fryday' sign.

New Plaza isn't really all that big though right?

Not from what I could see, although I can't profess to knowing that area particularly well. It was my first visit to 'Fryday' today; I found it quite easily.

I suppose it would take 1 minute to walk up one side and another minute to walk down the other.

In total there might be 25 bars and 10 restaurants in the whole place. Anyone going there might like to try the Golden Ferret which is more or less next door to Frydays, and does quite different food of the type found at Jollys or Coins or Pattini. Also very popular.

ate Fryday the past two nights, tonight did take away because no seats for me and gf.... I rarely eat the same thing two nights in a row , but the fish n chips here are great, and for only 100 baht if I remember correctly.

I notice it is popular for people to eat here and then carry on drinking in New Plaza, which has some of the best prices for beer Ive seen in Pattaya.

I think BM Edge mentioned he ate his meal while drinking a beer at Micky's across the street?

I think BM Edge mentioned he ate his meal while drinking a beer at Micky's across the street?

daytime which is when i pass by if going via new plaza micky's is always the busiest bar.

and the fish and chips are still great

.........................f the best prices for beer Ive seen in Pattaya.

Apparently I was incredibly lucky to get a cold SML at 55 Baht, but it's just a very easy 'point' to some very comfortable seating.

In fact they will bring it to any bar in New Plaza - perhaps that roof bar at the far end might work, bit like the 'Edge' upstairs in the Hilton.

Just had the cod 180b..there was no blue grenadier/hoki available 150b

Very nice and I'll not have the 99b version again. The difference is huge. I would like to try the hoki though.

be1d9d4e55de15649c3800689da6d4b8.jpg

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Very nice and I'll not have the 99b version again. The difference is huge. I would like to try the hoki though.

The 99 Bahter is OK if you just like the batter, but if you want proper fish inside it has to be the Cod.

The Hoki is better than the tasteless Pangasius, but the Cod is a whole lot better again IMO.

be1d9d4e55de15649c3800689da6d4b8.jpg

I always have the Grenadier these days. That bit of cod looks rather small.

I always have the Grenadier these days. That bit of cod looks rather small.

Yes it does look small ....but it was very thick ....twice as thick as the 99b stuff. But still cooked perfectly.

Thanks Edge, i will give the hoki a miss, for the sake of 30b difference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

still 99 bht  and hard to argue it's great value.........

jan 15 002 (Custom).JPG

taken jan 15 th

Just look under the blue and white awning/tarp and you will find this place.

Prices same February 1st.

Food is ok, nothing to get excited about.

And they do cook right in front of you.

I agree with another post that the tartar sauce is not so good

image.jpg

The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves!!

due for a visit in the next day or so, with calamarie as the intended target for a change

due for a visit in the next day or so, with calamarie as the intended target for a change

Looking forward to your review!

The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves!!

Not that cheap after you've added in the cost of the antacid tablets on your way home.

99 baht oh i bet the fish is quality!!

That's for the Pangasius /'Dory'.

If you want proper fish the Cod & Chips is 180 Baht.....Blue Grenadier has apparently slipped through the net for now.

Just look under the blue and white awning/tarp and you will find this place.

Prices same February 1st.

Food is ok, nothing to get excited about.

And they do cook right in front of you.

This is the exact same thing they serve at retox for 199baht.. the dory, seems to me your getting pretty good value here for fish and chips at 99 baht... this guy is always cooking and good at what he does so no reason to not support him as there's a lot of choices on offer.

Remember he sells cod for less then retox charges for dory... a lot less

I really like it.

I really like it.

I agree that the tartar is pretty good as well especially compared to the bulk of tartar I've tried around Pattaya and Thailand for that matter, usually just tastes like mayo or salad speak I should say.. not good..

The one thing I'd like here or any fish shop for that matter is lemon install of the lime that seems to be on offer at every shop I've tried..

Archived