Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

everyday is fryday, new fish n chip place

striderman

cannot see this place mentioned in this section so far and at 99 bht you can't go wrong.

opened about the end of august and located in New Plaza just off second rd 2 doors up from the popular golden ferret.

have eaten there twice, great both times. opens 14.00 hrs till 02 00.

some pics...

sept oct 5 136_800x600.jpg

visit 1

sept oct 5 137_800x600.jpg

the menu

sept oct 5 139_800x600.jpg

the sign

sept oct 5 140_800x600.jpg

an ex pat i knew was having this and let me take a pic of his 110 bht chicken a la king

sept oct 25 213_800x600.jpg

visit 2 before and after. 99 bht for the fish n chips and i think 24 bht for the coke

sept oct 25 214_800x600.jpg

chef /boss is irish and called liam

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks good, I'm hungry now.

too early it's another 2 hours before it opens !

Looks good - I'd given up with Pattaya's F&C restaurants but I'll give that a try.

Haven't been to New Plaza since Noel departed.

If he keeps standards up in the location he is in he will do well so many inexpensive BBs right at his front door

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

Still no idea where this is:

"located in New Plaza just off second rd 2 doors up from the popular golden ferret."

I guess I need to know where Golden Ferret is at first.

Still no idea where this is:

"located in New Plaza just off second rd 2 doors up from the popular golden ferret."

I guess I need to know where Golden Ferret is at first.

new plaza is off second rd right hand (land side ) about opposite soi's 7 and 8.

it goes between second road and soi buakoaw and that area is noted for cheap outdoor beer bars

april may 22 035_800x600.jpg

april may 22 034_800x600.jpg

the ferret another eatery very popular with expats but i myself have never been in it except for a coke one time

Ah.. no wonder.  Never venture out that area.  Or at least that side of 2nd road.  Just Beach and 2nd road side of Soi 7 and Soi 8.

Thanks for the tip. I've been looking for a decent F&C place close to View Talay 6. Will definitely give it a try.

And thanks for the pics of the food.....that;s what made up my mind.

Looks good...cheers for the info. 

Still i wish someone would open a Aussie fish & Chip shop & sell potato cakes,dims-sims & corn jacks. Would go down beautifully after a bar crawl.   

Looks good. Was the fish itself good? I see they have cod at twice the price, is the 99 baht fish comparable to N.A. Cod?

Looks good. Was the fish itself good? I see they have cod at twice the price, is the 99 baht fish comparable to N.A. Cod?

I don't know what N.A. stands for, but Dorey isn't comparable with Cod.

i had the cheap 99 bht version twice and all i can say is i am a fussy bugger when it comes to fish n chips and if it had not been good i would not have gone back.

somebody else must be in town to give the place a onceover

Just ate there 2 hours ago branched out and had the Cod and Chips with Mushie peas and enjoyed it

very much, all was cooked to order and hot.

Will try something else next time by the way the cod and chips was the most expensive item here at 180 baht but

i was not worried just enjoyed it and left nothing.

I don't know what N.A. stands for, but Dorey isn't comparable with Cod.

Sorry, N.A.= North Atlantic. 

i had the cheap 99 bht version twice and all i can say is i am a fussy bugger when it comes to fish n chips and if it had not been good i would not have gone back.

somebody else must be in town to give the place a onceover

Thanks for that Striderman, sounds like a good way to soak up the booze after a Soi7/8 bar crawl.  :Chokdee:

Its very good,  in fact all the food is

The batter on the fish was light and crispy,  amazing value with such low prices

For all your Pattaya Golf and Hotel Reservations visit www.pattayagolf.com

heard about this place and went to try once and wont be back

dorey fish same same as everywhere else, was average only ate half of it, batter was only good part.

garden peas were 25B extra and came in same small dish tatar sauce was in (see fotos) peas were hard not tasty.

was expecting real chips (made with potatoes) got crap frozen ones.

you get what you pay for, prob just worth 99B and no more, as said wont be back!

The 4 fish fingers are 10% more expensive than the fish. Huh? 

What sort of fish is it? Panga / cobbler? 

heard about this place and went to try once and wont be back

dorey fish same same as everywhere else, was average only ate half of it, batter was only good part.

garden peas were 25B extra and came in same small dish tatar sauce was in (see fotos) peas were hard not tasty.

was expecting real chips (made with potatoes) got crap frozen ones.

you get what you pay for, prob just worth 99B and no more, as said wont be back!

Well you can't please everybody we are all different. I went last week and it was the best I have had in a long time and I will be back. I have eaten at the jolly friar and I have had the cod there(200baht just for the cod) and not very good and as for the real chips they were awful and they have the cheek to charge 80 baht now for them alone.

Every time I pass this place they always seem to be doing steady business, must be doing something right, so I thought I'd give it a try. Tried the cod and chips, not bad but nothing to enthuse about either. The cod came with 1 medium size potato worth of chips of the frozen variety, a bit stingey!

Passed by about 12 AM and they had a few customers in

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

The cod came with 1 medium size potato worth of chips of the frozen variety, a bit stingey

Does'nt really matter about the fish if the chips aint real .  Is there any place in Pats that does proper chips ?

Does'nt really matter about the fish if the chips aint real .  Is there any place in Pats that does proper chips ?

Heres 2 for you

Jolly Friar on Soi Lengkee

Golden Ferrett on Soi New Plaza

For all your Pattaya Golf and Hotel Reservations visit www.pattayagolf.com

Archived