Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

everyday is fryday, new fish n chip place

striderman

Sounds good will have to try the fish n chips to see if better than my usual Jolly Friar on Lengkee, when there next mth.

Thanks for the reports and pics!!

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds good will have to try the fish n chips to see if better than my usual Jolly Friar on Lengkee, when there next mth.

Thanks for the reports and pics!!

Definitely better IMO and the Cod is really Cod.

They don't do the potato wedges, if you like them, but they do an excellent job of cooking French Fries and everything is freshly cooked to order.

The biggest problem is getting a seat if you want to eat in, though as said they'll bring your order to any bar in New Plaza.

Thanks for the feedback Edge as a fellow fish n chip critic

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

This morning on my way home at 2:30 am every seat in the place taken and 2 at the counter <br /><br />Sent from my GT-I9200 using Tapatalk<br /><br />

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

I have eaten there a few times and can't fault it.

You know a place is always good when it's busy.

If you go into an empty restaurant it can't be good.

made it yesterday and we were lucky enough to find a table. this place is well busy.

the lazy sod Liam has now had 2 days off since he opened at the end of august, 1 when he had some plumbing done and xmas day.

jan feb 5 304_712x600.jpg

hard to find any fault with this at 99 Baht

2014-01-08 05-40-56-860_resized_by_AVG_Image_Shrinker (1).jpg

babydollsaddict.gif

hard to find any fault with this at 99 Baht

attachicon.gif2014-01-08 05-40-56-860_resized_by_AVG_Image_Shrinker (1).jpg

That looks GREAT, especially for about $3 USD!

Of course, I am on a diet and trying to "starve off" my holiday weight gain, so almost all food looks great to me....

What fish do they use for the 99 baht deal

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR FULL DETAILS & COSTS

Building A House In The Village

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR FULL DETAILS & COSTS

Getting Married In The Village & Bringing Her To The UK

What fish do they use for the 99 baht deal

Dory, same as most places, but from what I've seen he's getting decent size fillets and his cooking technique is better than most.

I've been there 3 times after a mate recommended it. Really good and seems consitent every time.

usually end up sharing a table with other people, but that seems to be the norm and everyone knows the score.

I was in there for the pies & chups, a few times, sampled a different one each time. all good and very efficient.

I can see that place staying around, good luck to the owner, good meal at a good price.

It sounds like the old Jolly Friar when that first opened it was the bees knees so to speak.

Seems to be the best value and choice at the mo...better had reserve a table for nxt month then lol

• 1 month later...

Today visited but restaurant has 4 fuckin tables and all full.can't sit and walked away

Today visited but restaurant has 4 fuckin tables and all full.can't sit and walked away

Same same my last 2 visits

babydollsaddict.gif

The nearby Golden Ferret is just as good, in fact I would say their Fish and Chips is better.

Of course, theirs is not 99 baht  :)

Finally I could find an empty table and ordered fish and chips.it is good,really good for 99 baht.but not the best in pattaya.I am a big fish and chips fan and tasted more than 10 in pattaya.still my best fish and chips are from pig & whistle.they are number 1 because of their chips.they are fresh and hand cut chunky chips.but price is 220 baht

For 99 baht no one can beat this place.altough I saw a fish and chips sign at third road just few meters past cherry's.Tomorrow I will try them too

Finally I could find an empty table and ordered fish and chips.it is good,really good for 99 baht.but not the best in pattaya.I am a big fish and chips fan and tasted more than 10 in pattaya.still my best fish and chips are from pig & whistle.they are number 1 because of their chips.they are fresh and hand cut chunky chips.but price is 220 baht

For 99 baht no one can beat this place.altough I saw a fish and chips sign at third road just few meters past cherry's.Tomorrow I will try them too

got to agree with you pig whistle is good , but if you can get quality fish and chips for 99 baht that's the

way for guys on a budget , another option if no tables go in a bar opposite drinks range from 40 - 55 baht can

get food sent over for free , no extra charge plus lovely ladys as company .

...........................................still my best fish and chips are from pig & whistle.they are number 1 because of their chips.they are fresh and hand cut chunky chips.but price is 220 baht

For 99 baht no one can beat this place................................

Even putting aside my usual 'Cod versus Dory' hobby horse, perhaps our different opinions re' P&W are because I put most emphasis on the fish and the way it's cooked and presented. 

I haven't been for a while, but my main problem with P&W was their 'concrete' batter. I may be wrong, but I believe they were/are pre-cooking then re-battering/cooking to order. The result was an impressive looking finished product, with a very disappointing fish content within the 'concrete' casing..

Has that changed?

I have had the Dory at this place and IMO it was far superior, plus it is one of the very few offering good quality real Cod.(comes out at similar price to P&W's Dory special).

P&W as a venue is of course far superior to this single shop unit.

It's limited seating (14?) has been pointed out many times in this thread and shouldn't come as a surprise - as stated,.go sit in Micky's or wherever when it's full or share a table.

Just seen this, looks interesting, will give it a try. What is better - the standard fish and chips or the cod?

Just seen this, looks interesting, will give it a try. What is better - the standard fish and chips or the cod?

The Special (Dory & Chips) is 99 Baht.

The Cod & Chips is 180 Baht.

You get what you pay for IMO, but both are good.

I ate there when they first opened and still do today, He opens late sometime but the Fish and Chips is a whole lot of food and pretty good for 99 Bhatt.

Archived