IGNORED

everyday is fryday, new fish n chip place

striderman

Looks great. I cut through there often from 2nd Road to Buakoaw but have never stopped. Now I have a good reason to.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heres 2 for you

Jolly Friar on Soi Lengkee

Golden Ferrett on Soi New Plaza

Cheers a chara............

I do find it hard to believe a place like this can survive, with two tables and a couple of chairs at a counter.

I do find it hard to believe a place like this can survive, with two tables and a couple of chairs at a counter.

They deliver to any bar in New Plaza and do take away.

Last Thursday I saw them do ten orders, including my own, in the first twenty minutes of opening which is not bad going.

On Saturday evening seven of us had fish and chips delivered to the Blue Angel a couple of doors up and the general consensus was that it was great value. For 99 baht it is never going to be the best fish & chips in the world but worth a try IMHO.

My wife really liked the New Zealand mussels in garlic sauce. She begrudgingly allowed me one and pretty good they were too.

I've been in a couple of times on my way home ,had the 99baht F&C both times ,,Pretty good IMO,& ITS COOKED FRESH IN FRONT OF YOUR EYES!

They deliver to any bar in New Plaza and do take away.

Last Thursday I saw them do ten orders, including my own, in the first twenty minutes of opening which is not bad going.

On Saturday evening seven of us had fish and chips delivered to the Blue Angel a couple of doors up and the general consensus was that it was great value. For 99 baht it is never going to be the best fish & chips in the world but worth a try IMHO.

My wife really liked the New Zealand mussels in garlic sauce. She begrudgingly allowed me one and pretty good they were too.

Fair point.

went back today with 2 BM's on here, we all left happy i will let them make their comments and post the pics i know they took.

as to surviving it's not the place doing business it's the chef he's been 7 days a week since it opened !!

EDIT they have not loaded their pics so here are mine from friday at fryday

sept oct 33 235_800x600.jpg

calamari n chips 110 bht

sept oct 33 237_672x600.jpg

and in the rest of new plaza the march of the CTH dish continues

sept oct 33 232_800x600.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Often drink in New Plaza but never eaten at any of the places there.  After reading all this thread it sounds like I will be able to have a decent meal at a reasonable price and brought to the bar where I am drinking.  Will definitely try it out when I am there next month.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Went yesterday and had Cod (loin) Chips & Mushy Peas for 210 Baht.

Cod was good quality (JF should try it) and everything tip top - I shall return.

Quite an extensive menu of other dishes.

To whoever queried the viability re' seating available, there are 14 places and there were takeaways being delivered.

As long as Farang continues to do the cooking himself it can't fail IMO - I just hope all his paperwork is in order.

Can't argue with this place, it can get cramped during bust times but the food is spot on. Lovely piece of cod lion or chicken/various pies with chips for a decent price. A must try....

"There are two types of women, those that charge for blow jobs and those that don't. The ones that don't end up costing you far more." ~Charlie Sheen~

small_charlie_sheen_hat_cigar.jpg

After reading the recommendations above ,I tried it out last night .

As all tables were full and there was a waiting list I had to settle for a take away

I ordered cod and chips but when I got home they had given me the other fish.

To lazy and hungry to go back so I eat it . 

Very tasty . Fish tasted good ,batter still nice and crisp , mushy peas good. I had a couple of sausages as well very good

Not impressed with the tar tar sauce or the gravy. I think that needs a bit more work.

All in all a good tasty meal for a good price.

Will definatly go back to try the cod .

I wish the owner all the best in his venture.

Not impressed with the tar tar sauce ................................

The only thing that isn't quite right IMO, which leaves a lot that is.

The Cod is the chunky loin cut, so I'm surprised they confused that with basically a flat fish - just a mistake I guess.

Caught last orders at 2am (fcuk the diet) and still quite busy.

I have stopped by 3-4 times. Tried the fish/chips, shepperd's/cottage pie, calamari & chips. 

Enjoyed them all. On my restaurant rotation for when need a good fry up. Every 10 days or so.

Was going to try it the other night, but the owner/chef sitting inside smoking meant I went elsewhere.

This is definitely my new favourite place to eat. Food is amazing & is great value 4 money.

IMG_2055.JPG

IMG_2058.JPG

IMG_2059.JPG

KISS Coupon: A nightlife guide to saving you money. All the information you need about clubs, happy hours, reviews, coupons, promotions, events & parties can be found right here: 

http://kisscoupon.asia/

Was going to try it the other night, but the owner/chef sitting inside smoking meant I went elsewhere.

Your loss pal the food is spot on

Agree

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

Its not going to be spot on, along with a mouthful of cig. smoke  IMHO

Thanks for the tip -- I am scheduled to stay at the Hilton in February and this sounds fairly close.

I'll definitely plan to check it out (although there's no telling what can happen to restaurant in LOS in 2 months!  55555555)

Its not going to be spot on, along with a mouthful of cig. smoke  IMHO

When the owner has finished his tab. He walks back into the restaurant and washes his hands.

Wheres the problem ?

Why is it not going to be spot on ?

I have walked past this place many times,  I will give it a try in the next few weeks thanks for the info and the exact location 

Jolly Roger

at least in this place you can see the food being prepared, not some pokey kitchen hidden out the back

This place gets busy for a good reason, freshly cooked  food and cheap prices

My tip:   Order your food to be delivered to one of the Beer bars along the street where you can sit more comfortably with a 50b beer 

For all your Pattaya Golf and Hotel Reservations visit www.pattayagolf.com

• 3 weeks later...

Cod and chips was brilliant, batter really good and I will be back again very soon to try other things on the menu.  Big plus when you can see the food being prepared for you and everything very clean.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I stopped by 3 times and it has been packed. Always a good sign.

The sooner they stop traffic down the better.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Archived