IGNORED

everyday is fryday, new fish n chip place

striderman

He opens late sometime 

Yep, the last time I tried him, and remembering he opens at 2pm., I popped along for a carry out at 2.30pm and was told sharply that they had just opened and fryers needed 30 minutes to heat up.

Noted.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was in Pattaya for christmas and New Year.  And I had fish and chips in two places.

(1) Pig and Whistle in soi 7

The battered fish was very very nice.  The batter was how i like it

The chips were only OK.  They were more like french fries

And you had the choice of peas or mushy peas.  The mushy peas were OK

(2) Palmers Bar in soi 13/4 (Pattayaland soi 2)

Battered fish is always very nice and you get a large sized fish

And Palmers Bar served proper chunky chips

Due to advancing years I cannot remember the prices at these two eating places

I was in Pattaya for christmas and New Year.  And I had fish and chips in two places.

Dory is Dory and P&W batter was like concrete every time I went, but I will check again one day.

I tried Palmers once but portion size was pretty insignificant.

Meanwhile, you will not better (or even batter) what this guy is serving up.

Dory is Dory and P&W batter was like concrete every time I went, but I will check again one day.

I tried Palmers once but portion size was pretty insignificant.

Meanwhile, you will not better (or even batter) what this guy is serving up.

The p/w fish and chips has not changed

I went in about. 4 weeks ago for the Friday special fish and chips

The batter was very heavy and greasy

I could only eat about half ,the fish started to make me feel sick

have had a few other meals in the p/w but in my opinion

The p/w has gone downhill over the last couple of years

In my last post I wrote best fish and chips in pattaya for me is  at P&W.Now I regret my post.

Because I have been eating at P&W for last 3 years and the last time I ate there was 7 months ago.after my post here I visited P&W for my favorite fish and chips and you know what I had????

a plate of crap!!!!!

chips have been changed they serve regular cut frozen chips bought from big C etc..

and fish was so dry inside and tasteless.I could just eat half and paid the check and get the hell out .P&W is over for me.I don't know what happened to this great place maybe a change of ownership but they fucked up the best thing they do

after this incident I ate everyday at fryday place and loved their fish more and more everyday.

Now I can say for sure fryday serves the best fish and chips in pattaya.both cod and dory are very very good.I hope this place does not go downhill until my next trip.also grilled chicken looks delicious but I haven't taste it yet

The p/w fish and chips has not changed

I went in about. 4 weeks ago for the Friday special fish and chips

The batter was very heavy and greasy

I could only eat about half ,the fish started to make me feel sick

have had a few other meals in the p/w but in my opinion

The p/w has gone downhill over the last couple of years

In my last post I wrote best fish and chips in pattaya for me is  at P&W.Now I regret my post.

Because I have been eating at P&W for last 3 years and the last time I ate there was 7 months ago.after my post here I visited P&W for my favorite fish and chips and you know what I had????

a plate of crap!!!!!

chips have been changed they serve regular cut frozen chips bought from big C etc..

and fish was so dry inside and tasteless.I could just eat half and paid the check and get the hell out .P&W is over for me.I don't know what happened to this great place maybe a change of ownership but they fucked up the best thing they do

after this incident I ate everyday at fryday place and loved their fish more and more everyday.

Now I can say for sure fryday serves the best fish and chips in pattaya.both cod and dory are very very good.I hope this place does not go downhill until my next trip.also grilled chicken looks delicious but I haven't taste it yet

Thanks for saving me the frustration of another try..........

.............sounds like P & W actually managed to get worse than before.

• 3 weeks later...

I had the cod and chips last night. Cod was tasty enough but the chips are just frozen rubbish. For me that ain't a proper chippy.

• 2 weeks later...

came past today on a hot mid afternoon and Liam the chef was sitting having a coffee. first time i have seen no customers and him not working

march april 11 037_800x600.jpg

i asked him how many days off he had pulled since the start of last september / 7 months ago.

answer 5, lazy git !!!

Went in tonight had cod and chips

Did not rate the cod at all

The cod portion was about only half the size of the dory

But the main problem was the cod inside the batter was very dry and tasteless

I will save myself 80 baht in the future and stick with the dory

• 3 weeks later...

There is a slightly diferent menu now ,the fish is good almost too much for me with the chips, the pork ribs are great at 175 baht with out chips plenty of food.His chicken looks great but never tried it.

Dory and chips, massive portion, cod and chips less so but really good taste.  Value for money the Dory was great, cod lovely but as cod is so expensive the portion was much smaller.  Chicken from The Grill is brilliant and must try some of the rest of the menu when I get back there in less than two weeks time.  Overall its a good place to eat, clean, not too expensive and good food, only downside is that it is often full of customers in high season and you have to wait for a seat.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Dory and chips, massive portion, cod and chips less so but really good taste.  Value for money the Dory was great, cod lovely but as cod is so expensive the portion was much smaller.  Chicken from the grill is brilliant and must try some of the rest of the menu when I get back there in less than two weeks time.  Overall its a good place to eat, clean, not too expensive and good food, only downside is that it is often full of customers in high season and you have to wait for a seat.

As mentioned before they will deliver to nearby bar.

Haven't been to New Plaza since Noel departed.

I'm still around...  :GoldenSmile1:

How's the fish?

sgu_banner.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I missed this place and counting days,weeks till my next trip

also I have a plan to try different fish and chips and make a list of best fish&chips places in pattaya

also I have a plan to try different fish and chips and make a list of best fish&chips places in pattaya

Sadly, the list is an extremely short one.

• 3 weeks later...

Had the 99 baht fish and chips. It is by far and away the best I have had in Pattaya. Even my wingman who would find fault with Michelin star food said it was great.

It gets a big thumbs up from me and long may he continue to be a success

The judge has spoken and passed judgement

May have to break my usual habits and venture inland further than Second Road next time. This place seems to be worth a visit!

Last time I had Fish & Chips in Pattaya was in Rosie O'Grady's. An hour later:

image.jpg

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

that looks good,ive only tried one place called curry and chips or something like that and it looked good also but was really bland no seasoning or flavor. so hopefully this place tastes as good as it looks

Went there yesterday and had the baconburger and chips, my wingman had a hamburger and onion rings. It was all cooked well. The onion rings were really good. For the older british mongers who remember burger bars prior to the days of Mcdonalds etc this is the type of burger you get here. I enjoyed it as it felt like a walk down memory lane. My Canadian wingman said his burger wasnt what he was used to but it was ok

The judge has spoken and passed judgement

Best value for money 99 baht western meal in Pattaya. IMHO.

I always have a meal from here when in town and my last visit a couple of weeks ago did not disappoint. 

im always interested in learning about good fish and chips as ive had cod and chips twice at two different spots and i came away with so so. my complaint is its always so bland and very under seasoned which after its cooked and served you just cant get it season with salt and i hope to find a place that knows how to properly season there fish

im always interested in learning about good fish and chips as ive had cod and chips twice at two different spots and i came away with so so. my complaint is its always so bland and very under seasoned which after its cooked and served you just cant get it season with salt and i hope to find a place that knows how to properly season there fish

In Pattaya?........... :DeadHorse2:

Just the best of a bad lot I'm afraid.

Been a couple of times. Deffo the best value in Patts and the fish was better than the 10 or more  places that I've tried here.

My top three used to be Goose's, Tropical Bert's and then the Jolly Friar.

Fryday is now number one and Goose's is gone.

i'd rather eat a fishes face than a steak and kidney pie

The Every day is fry day chippy does a decent Dory and chips

But I had the cod one time which was a major disappointment

The cod portion was half the size of the Dory portion and twice the price

The cod was very dry and almost uneatable

All the other meals I had in the cafe were very good value and good quality for the price

Archived