everyday is fryday, new fish n chip place

striderman

You can walk or catch a Baht Bus....

unless you have a real mobility problem that is an easy walk

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Full last night so I had mine across at Micky's.

Went for it with the Cod & Chips & Mushy Peas for 210 Baht.....plus 55 Baht for the SMLs ...11198536_788497111245441_1005692215_n.jpg

Full last night so I had mine across at Micky's.

Went for it with the Cod & Chips & Mushy Peas for 210 Baht.....plus 55 Baht for the SMLs ..

thumbs up, level, or down?

thumbs up, level, or down?

thumb-up.gif........... definitely - proper piece of thick flaky Cod - not as cheap as Dory or Blue Grenadier but well worth the extra IMO..

I will pay a visit to this place tomorow for lunch, I love my fish and chips, chips doesn't look too appealing, hopefully I can change it to mash potato or mushy peas

I will pay a visit to this place tomorow for lunch, I love my fish and chips, chips doesn't look too appealing, hopefully I can change it to mash potato or mushy peas

They don't open to 2 PM and IMHO I think they are one of the better chips served around town, without getting into the whole debate over fresh or frozen chips, as long as they are hot, crispy and taste good I don't give a rats....

Battered fish is all pretty revolting and tastes the same.

I guess there,s one everywhere     :SoWhat1: 

They might say they open at 2pm, but the fryers are never up and running until nearer 3pm from my experiences.

They might say they open at 2pm, but the fryers are never up and running until nearer 3pm from my experiences.

The fishing boat the fish are caught on only returns at 2pm and they need to gut/fillet the fish before they can fry OK :LOL2:

They don't open to 2 PM and IMHO I think they are one of the better chips served around town, without getting into the whole debate over fresh or frozen chips, as long as they are hot, crispy and taste good I don't give a rats....

I couldn't find new plaza yesterday and walked about and ended up eating a pork chop at kiss, but I'm 100% know where this place is now so when I wake up, I will have my fish and chips :)

my mum and dad use to own a fish and chip shop in the 70s and 80s back in Newcastle Australia. All the photos and comments are bringing back a flood of memories!! I use to peel the potatoes and make the chips!!!

Anyways will definately be checking these places out when i am there in August as i do love my fish and chips  :ThumbUp6:

I couldn't find new plaza yesterday and walked about and ended up eating a pork chop at kiss, but I'm 100% know where this place is now so when I wake up, I will have my fish and chips :)

read post 7 in this thread and you should have it nailed

my mum and dad use to own a fish and chip shop in the 70s and 80s back in Newcastle Australia. All the photos and comments are bringing back a flood of memories!! I use to peel the potatoes and make the chips!!!

Anyways will definately be checking these places out when i am there in August as i do love my fish and chips  :ThumbUp6:

Last time I returned to Australia, this was high on my priority list. 

post-15999-0-00839200-1409820913.jpg

I have sought this place out and passed it several times even when hungry and in new plaza because its appearance just puts me off but that's me, if you haven't tried don't cry. I stay near LK Metro and often have F&C's from the cart in LK on my way home.

I have sought this place out and passed it several times even when hungry and in new plaza because its appearance just puts me off but that's me, if you haven't tried don't cry. I stay near LK Metro and often have F&C's from the cart in LK on my way home.

i seem to remember the cart in LK being slightly more expensive than frydays

EDIT...................i looked last night as i walked by 130 bht at the cart/stall

Back on topic....you don't get this from a food cart AFAIK.

20150427_192049.jpg

i seem to remember the cart in LK being slightly more expensive than frydays

The fish cart is owned by the person who owns MATES beer bar next to w&r on a touch on Frydays and loads more Baht?

The fish cart is owned by the person who owns MATES beer bar next to w&r on a touch on Frydays and loads more Baht?

i thought mates was sold recently?

You guys are probably right on about price but as I mentioned the place does not look attractive or I have to be honest "friendly" and admit taking food from a cart back to my room even at a bigger cost works for me, it is also fun swapping taste with my BF with their food and was surprised it was liked by nearly all!

You guys are probably right on about price but as I mentioned the place does not look attractive or I have to be honest "friendly" and admit taking food from a cart back to my room even at a bigger cost works for me, it is also fun swapping taste with my BF with their food and was surprised it was liked by nearly all!

You are right, its not the friendliest of places.

And that the owner smokes in his restaurant puts me off the place.

But it only takes a minute to order, and then take a seat at a nearby bar, where they will deliver it to you there.

You guys are probably right on about price ............................ and admit taking food from a cart back to my room even at a bigger cost works for me..................

They do a lot of takeaway trade.....nice polystyrene tray boxes.

You are right, its not the friendliest of places.

And that the owner smokes in his restaurant puts me off the place.

But it only takes a minute to order, and then take a seat at a nearby bar, where they will deliver it to you there.

No idea what the friendly bit is about, but seating is limited if that's what you mean.

As said before, pick any table at any bar in New Plaza and they'll bring it to you.

I have never ever seen him smoke inside the restaurant - usually he will go and perch on a m/bike across the way, or occasionally he may sit at an outside table where customers are allowed to smoke as well.

Finally made it to this place and saw the owner hard working away cooking all the food, ordered my cod and chips, cod was good, chips just as expected, wasn't great, saw someone with mash potatoe on next table, that looked very tasty, I will be back later today to try something else

My first time last night. For 99 baht you can’t go wrong. Al from the Huney Pot recommended I try the Hoki at 149 Baht, I was completely happy with what I ordered.

I asked my Thai wife, “This place clean?” “Yes” she replied. “This place nice"? Again "yes", was the reply. My observation was that the one staff member was very busy and efficient and also pleasant. Upon leaving the falang owner asked me if I enjoyed the meal. Yep this restaurant gets the big Barstool thumbs up.

2015-05-01 21.36.09 (Medium).jpg

i thought mates was sold recently?

Could have been

Walked past there last night the bar was shut

But the owner also owns the fish cart LK

Archived