IGNORED

English rose bar & hotel - new hotel

Bupattaya

hey Alan, i have just sent you a booking request through the website for 26th june for a month, for a deluxe room.   guess now you will know my thread name!   see you soon

MAGNIFICENT MAROVO LAGOON :  A 4 WEEK FISHING ADVENTURE INTO THE WILDS OF THE SOLOMON ISLAND'S

WickedInstagram               WickedFacebook                 WickedTwitter               WickedTumblr

pattaya-addicts/TITS              SCOOTER RENTAL               Biking around Thailand and Beyond              

for more travel tales inc other countries, bike trips, check out my blog - Noddy'sAsianAdventures

hey Alan, i have just sent you a booking request through the website for 26th june for a month, for a deluxe room.   guess now you will know my thread name!   see you soon

G'day buddy, I sent you a reply by email, no problem regarding a room, see you soon.

Cheers

Alan.

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

Hi guys…I'm sure you've all heard by now the news regarding the world cup…..what was going to charged by TCC, 30,000 for a bar and 100,000 for guest houses to show the event is now being shown by True vision at no cost.

Whilst I think "I should bloody well think so" and applaud the decision, what about the other venues that forked out the cash? will they take things further and demand full refunds? I hope they can.

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately I am becoming more disillusioned by how much money means to people here, the constant asking for something even when I know they have already.

An occurrence at my other bar at 4 am a couple of mornings ago involving a guy from Holland left my bar needing 49,000 baht worth of repair, the fridge alone is 29,000 to replace, the police at soi 9 were involved as was my copper who I pay monthly, and after a lot of to and froing  a figure of 40,000 was agreed for us…..thinking "oh well, it's better than nothing" I accepted the amount, then the sergeant in charge proceeded to count out 35,000 baht for me and 5,000 for him for, (his words) "making the problem go away" ……You bastard I thought, then the kick in the guts happened when my copper also wanted something for helping to make the problem go away. So, I have well and truly lost out on this little matter.

What I later found out was that the Dutch guy was urine tested which turned out to be positive and was fined a bit over 100,000 baht for a get out of jail fee, and the wanker still wanted 5,000 from me.

Nothing ever seems to be enough and sadly I am becoming more and more disheartened by it all.

This may be paradise but I need a break from it.

Sad, ER and dis-heartening sir, but the thought " keep smiling & carry on" comes to mind. With time and loss recovered it will be a distant TIT experience.

Unfortunately I am becoming more disillusioned by how much money means to people here, the constant asking for something even when I know they have already.

An occurrence at my other bar at 4 am a couple of mornings ago involving a guy from Holland left my bar needing 49,000 baht worth of repair, the fridge alone is 29,000 to replace, the police at soi 9 were involved as was my copper who I pay monthly, and after a lot of to and froing  a figure of 40,000 was agreed for us…..thinking "oh well, it's better than nothing" I accepted the amount, then the sergeant in charge proceeded to count out 35,000 baht for me and 5,000 for him for, (his words) "making the problem go away" ……You bastard I thought, then the kick in the guts happened when my copper also wanted something for helping to make the problem go away. So, I have well and truly lost out on this little matter.

What I later found out was that the Dutch guy was urine tested which turned out to be positive and was fined a bit over 100,000 baht for a get out of jail fee, and the wanker still wanted 5,000 from me.

Nothing ever seems to be enough and sadly I am becoming more and more disheartened by it all.

This may be paradise but I need a break from it.

Thats the only problem with Thailand is they always have there hand out, Your not the first to feel this and im sure not the last, 

Join the party Facebook.com/trianglebar

I'm sure I'm not, but when it's on my own fucking doorstep it's pulls me down a little bit more. :Feedback:   :03:  :09:  :bj9:   :BJ1:  :24:  :09:  :12:  :BJ3:  :10: and if it wasn't for all of this i'd have been gone a long time ago. 

That sucks man. Hopefully it wont happen again, but if it does, at least now you know to figure in the cut for the BIB when you are negotiating the payoff...

That sucks man. Hopefully it wont happen again, but if it does, at least now you know to figure in the cut for the BIB when you are negotiating the payoff...

Hi Alan,

Back home now, and thank you for the great room and helpfull staff at your guesthouse. I really enjoyed staying there. Hope to come back in a couple of months and hope the staff enjoyed the tip I left for them.

Best wishes to you and your place,

Gijs (another guy from Holland)

Hi Alan,

Back home now, and thank you for the great room and helpfull staff at your guesthouse. I really enjoyed staying there. Hope to come back in a couple of months and hope the staff enjoyed the tip I left for them.

Best wishes to you and your place,

Gijs (another guy from Holland)

Hi Gijs, the ladies appreciated the tip very much, thanks, and it was a pleasure having you stay here, hopefully we see you next time you're in town.

I don't tar everyone with the same brush but this guy needs tarring and feathering.

Cheers friend

Alan.

Sorry to hear you ended up well out of pocket but we know the wheels need greasing, just not how much lubrication is required. :Deadhorse:

See you in a couple of months, B

Edited by bangna

Who would have thought…Brazil were out played, out gamed, out classed, out scored, out skilled….anything else? oh yeah, out of the cup.

Brazil have only lost 1 of their last 26 international games.

I think the difference between the 2 were what happened in the area, Brazil went for everything possible and Germany, even when the opportunity came they still laid it off for a better position and even then done, the same again, pure class.

I've got a guy from London staying with me and he was back home by the 3rd goal, on his way in I asked him who his money was on? his reply was "I've got a long memory, a fucking long memory" I haven't the heart to let him know he's got a German in rooms either side of him.

Is there anything we can do about the noisy bitches opposite me? apparently military personnel shut them up at 5:30, so, thanks to the complainer. Now doubt it's all going to kick off again tonight….what surprise can we expect?

Germany against Argentina…….my hypothetical money is on Germany 3-0…..needless to say I'm glad the Dutch are out. (refer to previous quote)

By the way, some will have heard, some may not…..a drink has been banned at the world cup finals……….7up

Only 11 hours to go chaps, I hope you can all last that long  :Drunk:

About 3pm yesterday a few people came into my bar looking for drink after being assured by one of the local establishments, (it would be unethical of me to name names) so, for the purpose of this post I'll refer to it as "Ken Bar" that I was selling beer…..amazingly, 10 minutes later 2 BIB's rode past very slowly, now, had I'd been eager to make something from the day I might have been tempted to sell and that would have been me fucked!

I find it hard to believe that people can be this vindictive, this is not the first time that "Ken Bar" has tried to fuck me over, keep it up son, you'll keep.

About 3pm yesterday a few people came into my bar looking for drink after being assured by one of the local establishments, (it would be unethical of me to name names) so, for the purpose of this post I'll refer to it as "Ken Bar" that I was selling beer…..amazingly, 10 minutes later 2 BIB's rode past very slowly, now, had I'd been eager to make something from the day I might have been tempted to sell and that would have been me fucked!

I find it hard to believe that people can be this vindictive, this is not the first time that "Ken Bar" has tried to fuck me over, keep it up son, you'll keep.

If its the bar i think your on about from what i have heard on the grape vine they are on the brink of going under. Asking a mutual friend for money to bail them out. Looks like Karma has already started its magic on them. 

Join the party Facebook.com/trianglebar

If its the bar i think your on about from what i have heard on the grape vine they are on the brink of going under. Asking a mutual friend for money to bail them out. Looks like Karma has already started its magic on them.

Well the owners family and staff at "ken" bar assault elderly patrons in the bar, so fucking over a competitor wouldn't even be a blip on their moral radar!

Quite a few friends and I had "Ken" Bar as a regular place to start or finish the night. Following this incident we stopping going and drink either over the road or next door.

Actions speak louder than words…let your feet do the talking.

Quite a few friends and I had "Ken" Bar as a regular place to start or finish the night. Following this incident we stopping going and drink either over the road or next door.

The best thing would have been to move NEXT door & tell all your mates of your intensions whereby the 'Ken' can calculate continuing losses. I would not even bother explaining to owners/management as to cause of me actions.

Good luck ER.

PS : Solly misread of your post, me mind wanders sometimes.

Edited by amar

The best thing would have been to move NEXT door & tell all your mates of your intensions whereby the 'Ken' can calculate continuing losses. I would not even bother explaining to owners/management as to cause of me actions.

Good luck ER.

PS : Solly misread of your post, me mind wanders sometimes.

Would be a good idea if the bar right next door did not suck. Triangle right across the street is pretty good though. Except when the annoying singer chicks are there.

There is of course the other local establishment a bit further down the soi….. :hello09:  :ThumbUp6:  :Welcome:  :Hello:

There is of course the other local establishment a bit further down the soi….. :hello09:  :ThumbUp6:  :Welcome:  :Hello:

Hello Alan

This bird will landing at swampy on the 2nd of october and will be departing the !st of November....

March just gone i stayed at the Chow Soy but would like to stay at your establishment this time round.......Would like a deluxe room for 1 month....

Please PM me if available.......Cheers........