Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Pattaya addicts top 14 agoda hotels

LaaMok

I made my booking for April 2015. This looks like an Agoda charge to me. I actually cancelled the room and booked a longer stay including the days I booked. My only issue is how the charge reads when you book it. It doesn't say you will be charged immediately for a cancel. It looked to me as it was saying an extra $15 using the same time frame that the hotel uses. That should be fixed to let people know that anytime you cancel you will be charged. It's misleading.

I wish we could unpin this topic, and re-vote...

Tim Boutique / Intimate Hotel Not Girl Friendly for < 20 years (18-19 year olds)

(not to mention the 1000 baht to bring 2 girls)

Ditto with Areca Lodge Hotel.

I figure several BM's won't stay at either anymore...

Stayed in the Tim Initimate last month, tried to bring in 2 girls (sisters) but had an eternal discussion with the night staff. Finally paid the 1000 Baht and signed a paper I was responsible for the girls before they let me in with the 2 girls. Never again in this hotel for sure!!

<p>In Pattaya again on September 28 to October 3 and then again in November!  :GoldenSmile1:

Life can be good!!!

I believe that it is a new Agoda charge and is not related to a hotel's cancellation policy.  It does not seem to appear on every booking but does seem to be appearing more regularly as of late.

It does seem that Agoda are bringing in a number of non consumer friendly changes, this $15 charge, no points for new members and no longer any points fro providing reviews on hotels visited on their website, which means I no longer put reviews on their website!

I believe that it is a new Agoda charge and is not related to a hotel's cancellation policy. It does not seem to appear on every booking but does seem to be appearing more regularly as of late.

It does seem that Agoda are bringing in a number of non consumer friendly changes, this $15 charge, no points for new members and no longer any points fro providing reviews on hotels visited on their website, which means I no longer put reviews on their website!

Only some hotels have it, how would this be an Agoda thing?

I believe that it is a new Agoda charge and is not related to a hotel's cancellation policy.  It does not seem to appear on every booking but does seem to be appearing more regularly as of late.

As I stated before, I paid this $15 charge about 3 years ago, a few times so its not a new thing!

The hotels are probably getting sick and tired of people cancelling a week before they show up or even 2-3 days before, especially in high Season like now!

If I didnt work in 5 star hotels like the Hilton, particularly in receptions, then I wouldnt talk, can you imagine a customer booking a room 3 months before,only to cancel 1 day before he arrives? How could they find a customer for that room within one day?  

I cant prove it but Im almost sure that Agoda is working in conjunction with these hotels that are showing the charge, you'll notice that you can book the same room with a free cancellation policy at a more expensive rate!

This is why booking directly with the hotel might alleviate that problem however some hotels might take a deposit instead!

Example:  

Intimate hotel by Tim's Boutique for the 5th of January, a Deluxe Room with "free cancellation policy" is $226 AUD, the same room with different booking conditions and cancellation fees can be booked for $149 AUD, thats a saving of $77 AUD!

Another example is that if you go on Intimate's website, between the 24th of Dec to the 5th of January, there is a NO REFUND policy for cancellations regardless of how early you cancel!

So for the same amount that Intimate is charging on their website for the room, you can book through Agoda and get a cancellation policy for $15 dollars US!

So is Agoda doing us a favour because if you're feeling like you're getting the raw end of the stick, then you can opt to book the room with "free cancellation" and pay the extra $77 !

Does any of the above make sense? and no I dont work for Agoda :GoldenSmile1:  but I have been using them for 5 years now, initially when I got charged the $15, I contacted Agoda and they were kind enough to explain it to me and it made sense because its not like they're not giving you an option, book the "free cancellation" room and pay more!

Are we paying more or is that what the room is really worth?

I also have been using a site to book hotels in Australia for over 5 years now called wotif.com, take a look at their booking and cancellation fees, so its not just Agoda, I hope I was able to shed some light on this topic....

http://www.wotif.com/info/booking-fees

• Like 2

Stayed in the Tim Initimate last month, tried to bring in 2 girls (sisters) but had an eternal discussion with the night staff. Finally paid the 1000 Baht and signed a paper I was responsible for the girls before they let me in with the 2 girls. Never again in this hotel for sure!!

Yeah... I really don't consider The Intimate / Tim Boutique to be "girl friendly" anymore (maybe more like "semi-girl friendly").

Strangely enough, the first 2 hotels on at the top of the Form pages both have had similar issues (Areca Lodge thankfully changed back it's policy now, though).

"... SUPPORT THE FORUM | Book your stay in Thailand | MOST POPULAR GIRL FRIENDLY HOTELS  |  Areca Lodge | Tim Boutique | ..."

Displaying Tim Boutique so prominently on a mongering forum seems a tad misleading to new members... so, I kinda think someone should at least replace it with a different hotel (heck... maybe something with a similar location/quality like Sea Me Spring / Sea Me Spring Two -- which weren't included in this thread's poll)

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/182814-pattaya-hotels-with-age-restrictions-and-extra-joiner-fees/page-7

updated Nov 27

hotels that charge extra if you bring two ladies at a time to your room:

Honey Inn, 500 per each girl over 1

The Stay, 500 baht per each girl over 1

Privi hotel, 200 baht for each extra gal over 1

Aya boutique hotel charges 900 baht for second girl.

Bay Breeze, 400 baht for extra girl...

Opey de Place, 300 for second girl (price lowered!)

At Mind Serviced Resicence  700 for second girl

Inn House 500 Baht for second girl.

Discovery Beach hotel, 1000 per guest, even for the first one!!!

Sunshine hotel   500 baht

Residence Soi 8   500 baht

Sabai hotels up on soi 1 and 2   500 baht

April Suites   500 baht

August Suites 500 baht

Intimate  1000 baht

lk empress 500 baht

lk renaissance 500 baht

lk metropole 500 baht

Eastiny Seven 500 baht  (can anyone confirm, may not be correct!)

Areca  500 baht 

Villa Panalee, 500 baht

Mercure hotel, 500 baht

Eastin Soi 8 1000 baht if not with you at check-in

Whitehouse Condotel  500 baht

Sunshine hotel, 500 baht

Dynasty Inn, 300 baht

Siam@Siam 1000 baht

hotels that won't allow 18-19 year old girls:

Honey Inn

Intimate

Sunbeam

LK Empress

I have used Agoda many times and booked this same hote. During the same dates in another year. Just saying this $15 charge is new to me. The way it's stated when you book and read the cancellation sounds like you will be charged using the hotels cutoff dates. Not immediately when you cancel.

its hidden cost and unfair trade

Every journey has secret destination which traveller is unaware

i think its time to say goodbye or just screwed by Agoda

Every journey has secret destination which traveller is unaware

it is the hotel's policy not agoda's.  only some have this cancellation policy.

if you don't like the policy you can pay more for the room in many cases.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/182814-pattaya-hotels-with-age-restrictions-and-extra-joiner-fees/page-7

updated Nov 27

Hotels that charge extra if you bring two ladies at a time to your room:

Privi Hotel, 200 baht for each extra gal over 1

Discovery Beach Hotel, 1000 per guest, even for the first one!!!

Sunshine Hotel   500 baht

April Suites   500 baht

August Suites 500 baht

Intimate  1000 baht

lk empress 500 baht

lk renaissance 500 baht

lk metropole 500 baht

Areca  500 baht 

Villa Panalee, 500 baht

Mercure Hotel, 500 baht

Sunshine Hotel, 500 baht

Dynasty Inn, 300 baht

Siam@Siam 1000 baht

Hotels that won't allow 18-19 year old girls:

Honey Inn

Intimate

Sunbeam

LK Empress

updated Nov 27

Hotels that charge extra if you bring two ladies at a time to your room:

Privi Hotel, 200 baht for each extra gal over 1

Discovery Beach Hotel, 1000 per guest, even for the first one!!!

Sunshine Hotel   500 baht

April Suites   500 baht

August Suites 500 baht

Intimate  1000 baht

lk empress 500 baht

lk renaissance 500 baht

lk metropole 500 baht

Areca  500 baht 

Villa Panalee, 500 baht

Mercure Hotel, 500 baht

Sunshine Hotel, 500 baht

Dynasty Inn, 300 baht

Siam@Siam 1000 baht

Hotels that won't allow 18-19 year old girls:

Honey Inn

Intimate

Sunbeam

LK Empress

Great job by Daddee but  could you short list those hotels which allow 18 yrs and dont charge for 2nd joiner, by now it getting confusing go track the friendliest of the friendly

I stayed at many places all over Pattaya but lately was very impressed with Four Seasons Place. Got the junior suite for 1850 baht, in December, well worth the money. Usually more expensive I guess

mobiel

Edited by chinaski

hi guys, i was looking at the different hotels and noticed that 'Pattaya bay resort' is not in the list, can anyone shine a light about this? is there some hidden bad reason why people don't like to book there?

Thanks for the reviews and keep sharing, really love it!

Cheers

Don't know why no one mentions it, it did change owners a few years ago, the Canadian owned it he was there and it ran well it was cheep too. but he sold it to the Russians I think.

it was excellent roof top pool and just behind the Avenue. like Areca Lodge evergreen but a lot cheaper. no real street noise. it is still pretty cheap. but clean and good girl friendly too.

Col

Great job by Daddee but  could you short list those hotels which allow 18 yrs and dont charge for 2nd joiner, by now it getting confusing go track the friendliest of the friendly

sorry man, that would be most hotels except for the ones on this list!!!

hahahaha!

• Like 2

Don't know why no one mentions it, it did change owners a few years ago, the Canadian owned it he was there and it ran well it was cheep too. but he sold it to the Russians I think.

it was excellent roof top pool and just behind the Avenue. like Areca lodge evergreen but a lot cheaper. no real street noise. it is still pretty cheap. but clean and good girl friendly too.

Col

Pattaya Bay Resort sold to Thais not Russians :)

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

No time to do a full update guys, will do so in the early New Year

Just wanted to say there has been a recent "run" on Citin Loft with many bookings in the last few days. It could be a bunch of mates all booking the same place but just incase there are offers on I thought I would let you know.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

• 2 weeks later...

Please help gents I need a girl friendly hotel where I can smoke in the room none of this balcony shitte.

Stayed at the Basaya Beach hotel (central Pattaya road, opposite a street that takes you to the middle of Soi 7) over New Year, rooms were smoking & hotel is guest friendly Edited by JB300

Please help gents I need a girl friendly hotel where I can smoke in the room none of this balcony shitte.

I smoked in all of the LK hotels, especially Metropole and Empress, what budget have you got and when???

• 3 weeks later...