IGNORED

Pattaya addicts top 14 agoda hotels

LaaMok

will be in Patts at start of May

1st two nights will be at Eastiny 7 to get my bearings

want to get somewhere near to the biggest concentration of girls on beach road

but unsure of best area

any suggestions?

Why don't you advertise booking.com the same way as you do for Agoda. At least leave a link on each page to make it known. I used to dislike agoda ... tried again via the links - and found Agoda slow etc etc. Finally made reservations from booking.com (via tripadvisor links). Then when I read some comment somewhere in this forum, I read up the link on booking.com. How does it matter to you whether the money comes from Agoda or booking. Maybe Agoda gives a higher commission, but newbies should know that there's an alternative. Makes business sense - doesn't it??

BTW - also post a thread for people that want to contribute in cash. I do not see why it is so difficult if you accept small amounts too. Many members would gladly give up a few beers in a week to keep the forum up and running. Does $10 count? YES... if ten people give $10 in a week. There needs to be a clear & transparent process on the collection, though - like a thread declaring how much has come in and from whom which all can see.

Hi

Firstly there IS a donation section where people can donate directly to the forum - has been for years :)

We do promote the booking.com links. If you read around you can see many :)

Our forum commission is the same for both.

However there are three reasons we dont "promote" so much, although as I say we do (just not in this thread)

1. They do not allow the use of banners

2. They offer far fewer hotels

3. They dont give us the same levels of stats. This thread is to show the "most booked" hotels and we use the Agoda stats to give that info, This, of course, makes an "assumption" that hotels booked via Agoda are pro rata similar to overall. Its not overly scientific but it probably is a reasonable assumption.

FYI here is our booking.com link :) We are more than happy people use it as they both pay exactly the same levels of commission and we have never hidden the fact that if people book via our links we get paid :)

Addicts Booking.com link

Addicts Agoda link

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

I'm really sorry if I'm being stupid, but isn't this a poll thread?

At the top of every page, I see it currently showing Areca Lodge Hotel as #1 at the top of the page with 10% or 92 votes, even though it doesn't even make your Nov 23rd 2013 list.

I recall voting Tim Boutique/Intimate waaaay back (now with 57 votes at the top... and a star besides it, showing that I voted for it).  I have a feeling it'll take some time for it to fall from grace, just 'cause... well... except for them rejecting 18-19 year olds & charging extra for a 3-some (and the unfortunate sounding name, cheesy purple lighting & alleyway rather smelling like a latrine), it's an otherwise great hotel...

BTW... could we get some idea of the number of recent BM bookings that makes up the current stats?

Sorry for asking, but how does agoda know that BMs are making the bookings?  (serves me right for using http://hotels.com lately...)

Good points.

The poll runs from the start date of the thread so a few years. I try to update this as the poll stats are not necessarily "current".

The stats Agoda give me are for all bookings made via the forum. I cannot break it down between members and guests but would guess that the large majority are "members" but, as you point out, I cant be 100% on that.

Providing more in depth stats is not easy simply becasue of the time factor i.e. I have a "job" but that also is a decent point and I will try and include numbers also.

In the meantime - thanks to all who support us by booking via our links.

I'm really sorry if I'm being stupid, but isn't this a poll thread?

At the top of every page, I see it currently showing Areca Lodge Hotel as #1 at the top of the page with 10% or 92 votes, even though it doesn't even make your Nov 23rd 2013 list.

I recall voting Tim Boutique/Intimate waaaay back (now with 57 votes at the top... and a star besides it, showing that I voted for it).  I have a feeling it'll take some time for it to fall from grace, just 'cause... well... except for them rejecting 18-19 year olds & charging extra for a 3-some (and the unfortunate sounding name, cheesy purple lighting & alleyway rather smelling like a latrine), it's an otherwise great hotel...

BTW... could we get some idea of the number of recent BM bookings that makes up the current stats?

Sorry for asking, but how does agoda know that BMs are making the bookings?  (serves me right for using http://hotels.com lately...)

Good points.

The pool runs from the start date of the thread so a few years. I try to update this as the pool stats are not necessarily "current".

The stats Agoda give me are for all bookings made via the forum. I cannot break it down between members and guests but would guess that the large majority are "members" but, as you point out, I cant be 100% on that.

Providing more in depth stats is not easy simply becasue of the time factor i.e. I have a "job" but that also is a decent point and I will try and include numbers also.

In the meantime - thanks to all who support us by booking via our links.

Just to add in case nayone is wondering. I have been back in the UK for a while due to a family illness so havent been on the forum hence no updates this month.

I don't really see a lot about view tally 6??

I just booked it for my visit Sea view room with a balcony for 1700 baht night.

Can't seem to find a lot about it. But looks nice .. Location looks good for my 1st visit and girl friendly.

Can't seem to find a lot about it. But looks nice .. Location looks good for my 1st visit and girl friendly.

I was also looking to stay there. Great pool, private path to the beach, pretty cheap for what you get, girl friendly, great views and kick ass location. I've decided on a hotel, instead, for one reason: Late night room service. It's an option I love and I realize some people will read this and say...wanker. But I like having the option of getting something delivered to the room at 2am ( for myself or, more importantly, the company I'm keeping. )

If this doesn't concern you then, by all means, have a great time in yer condo!

ps- Let us know via PA how yer first trip goes. Highs...and lows. Watch those Newbie mistakes!

I was also looking to stay there. Great pool, private path to the beach, pretty cheap for what you get, girl friendly, great views and kick ass location. I've decided on a hotel, instead, for one reason: Late night room service. It's an option I love and I realize some people will read this and say...wanker. But I like having the option of getting something delivered to the room at 2am ( for myself or, more importantly, the company I'm keeping. )

If this doesn't concern you then, by all means, have a great time in yer condo!

ps- Let us know via PA how yer first trip goes. Highs...and lows. Watch those Newbie mistakes!

will be in Patts at start of May

1st two nights will be at Eastiny 7 to get my bearings

want to get somewhere near to the biggest concentration of girls on beach road

but unsure of best area

any suggestions?

Mate. Take a look at: At Sea Residence. It's on Beach Road about 100ft from the Walking Street entrance sign. Go on Agoda and take a gander...

Big Mike.

I and my friend planning June trip to Pattaya for 5 days. 

Firstly v r looking for 2 bedroom villa nearby Walking Street or else a theme hotel (i forgot the name which i found few months back).

Right now on my list is August Suite and last yr hotel Sea me spring which seems perfect choice but want to explore more choice for better then prior experience. 

Thanks a lot for replies ...CHEERS  :24:

If u want some .... come and get some

I am a big fan of Tim, now called Intimate 5555 write that on your entry card hehe any way what I'm writing to say is in my eyes Tim definitely is one of the best if not the best, but in my last trip in Dec. the front desk told me that any extra lady above one would cost me 1000 baht extra per night. I was shocked and dissapointed, since I was contemplating having over 2 of my fav ladies from DD and ofcourse I had done so before. Plz Tim my friends just two, for the love of Buddha.

Bigmike- according to their website they have 24/7 room service. I could always rebook. Back talley view 6 is booked for now

• 2 weeks later...

Dantana, r u talking about Intimate Hotel by Tim Boutique Hotel?

So, do they ask for ID from the girl in order to know that she is >20? I thought a large portion of the girls in Pattaya did not even have an ID.

Edited by whitespider

• 2 weeks later...

A quick update on the "top 5". This covers February and March (to date). One notable change, Sea me Spring 2 jumping to first place.

1. Sea Me Spring 2

2. Areca Lodge - seems the over 20 rule doesnt bother most although this hotel has a very loyal following from people going back years.

3. Page 10

4. August Suites

5. LK Renaissance - apparently some other LK hotels have an over 20 rules(although I have never encountered it). LK Renaisance is confirmed at 18+

I am visiting Pattaya from the 23rd of May 2014 till the 27th of May 2014. Solo Traveler!

Would request you to kindly advise me a couple of hotels on the Beach road near to the Walking Street with a view of the bay and overlooking the street life. You know what I mean!!

Called up LK Empress for their King Studio room but the view they were suggesting was that of the back side and not the front.

Budget would be 1000-2000 THB. Guest friendly needless to say!

Thanks in advance and Cheers guys.....

• 2 weeks later...

Agoda have some good flash deals today for how long they will last I don't know on the LK Metropole hotel ,,middle of Julyin my case just over 20 UK pounds  for a standard room with balcony, and that's  with breakfast that's about 12 pounds cheaper than usual  rates Iv;e seen lately , and an even bigger bargain perhaps the large Studio rooms for 24 UK pounds Including breakfast , perhaps worth it for some over a guest house with no pool no lift and some rooms no view ?.. No payment to Agoda till the  middle of July in my case , cancellation after middle of July in my case if I have to  is just one nights stay you have to pay, imo thats not to bad a deal, and is to good to Ignore I think .

Also deals on April Suites and Areca Lodge, big reductions look good as well .

Edited by standard

Well worth noting.

Great also that it is updated.

Proper info.

:Wassup1: 

picked LK Royal Suite hotel  ..star number, distance to the wlktstreet,price per night's are first priority for me  .btw i would like to sleep in calm at this hotel , is this possible to sleep without annoying music ? have anyone stayed this hotel before ? i just will book this hotel at Agoda after gonna see your reviews.

Is this list comprehensive? i think there are a couple good spots missing.

Edited by dude88

All the good ones are fully booked first week in May...I thought low season had started now...obv not :(

Is this list comprehensive? i think there are a couple good spots missing.

It is not intended to be comprehensive - it covers the most booked hotels each past month. Usually the top 5 - by using 5 its not possible to be comprehensive is it? It is intended as a "guide" to let people know which are the most popular hotels with board members - ONLY a guide not a review.

All the good ones are fully booked first week in May...I thought low season had started now...obv not :(

Same all over the world - holiday weekend and thousands in from Bangkok :) You should see availabilities improve from Tuesday 6th May onwards

Booking s for April 2014

1. Page 10 - easily back to number one after falling off. This is because rooms are now available whereas the last two months is was pretty full so could not be booked. It is currently receiving almost double the bookings of the hotel in 2nd place.

2. April Suites

3. Sea me Spring 2

4. Areca Lodge

5. August Suites

Odd to see April Suites overtake its sister August as it is usually the other way round. However the number of bookings from positions 2-5 are all actually very similar. Not much between any of them.

my preference is soi 2 and soi 4 on beach road , i used to stay at hotel vista and baboona  but now my favourite is Baan khunine on soi 2 small botique hotel

with lovely large rooms and relaxed atmosphere :WinkGrin1: