IGNORED

Pattaya addicts top 14 agoda hotels

LaaMok

and can anyone advise about the quality and service of the hotel Baywalk residence in particular

Search in the accommodation forum under baywalk and you will get plenty of posts.

here is one:       http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/161476-baywalk-residence/?hl=%2Bbaywalk+%2Bresidence

Have not stayed there myself but around the corner at Sandy Springs hotel in Soi 13. Baywalk is right on beach road and I would say noisy.

Good Luck

Good info here.  Very helpful.  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the looks of LK Renaissance hotel and the 1 Bedroom suite.

The space in the room and the whirlpool tub kinda makes for a nice stay.

Seriously considering this one  :)

im curious how many of travel for business?

i ask because so many hotels on the list are the usual cold, squeeky clean, square everything, white with some extra colour, no atmposhere rooms.

im so sick of these places, they all the same and just remind me if work, airport hotels, etc etc.

(actually lived in one for 9months work 2years ago)

while they sure do the job, function correctly, i just cannot bring myself to holiday in them.

i much prefer something different, something warmer, softer, colourful, not so square, even not so 'perfect'

i wonder if its just me, or if its because i spend too much time in these hotels for work.

go try the p ent hou se  then, nothing square about that place, hahahaha!

or perhaps guest houses?

How have folks found the noise due to construction around the Areca?  Stayed at Areca in January and heard constant construction.  It was audible over the aircon and imagine it will only get worse.  Wondering if the noise continues and if it has reached other spots in the LK area.

The construction noise went on in July 2014, but was minor, no probs. The aircon fans rumbling from balconies was unbearable, as far as I'm concerned.

I have to say this rolling update on hotels and their various attributes/policies is a real gem in the world of travel and hotels booking. Kudos to the site admin for putting this up and maintaining it. In the old days info was often outdated and required a lot of search with 50 different threads reporting on 50 different hotels based on peoples willingnes to report or not.

I have to say this rolling update on hotels and their various attributes/policies is a real gem in the world of travel and hotels booking. Kudos to the site admin for putting this up and maintaining it. In the old days info was often outdated and required a lot of search with 50 different threads reporting on 50 different hotels based on peoples willingnes to report or not.

here's another updated thread on hotels that charge extra when you bring two girls at once, and who don't allow 18-19 year old girls...

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/182814-pattaya-hotels-with-age-restrictions-and-extra-joiner-fees/

• 2 weeks later...

I've booked a few nights at LK Royal Wing. I'm only going to be in Pattaya for 2 nights before moving onto Bangkok so figured I may as well be based close to WS.

Avoid that hotel , is fatiscent and pillow and matress smelly really bad ! I checked 3 rooms before decided to run away

Is Areca Lodge guest friendly? When I asked about a reservation I got this as part of my response:

TERMS & RATES POLICY

All room rates are inclusive of buffet breakfast, taxes and service charge.

Extra person (6 years above) is charged THB 500 per person per night and is exclusive of bed & buffet breakfast.

Extra bed is charged THB 600 per bed per night and is inclusive of buffet breakfast.

Is Areca Lodge guest friendly? When I asked about a reservation I got this as part of my response:

TERMS & RATES POLICY

Extra person (6 years above) is charged THB 500 per person per night and is exclusive of bed & buffet breakfast.

Extra bed is charged THB 600 per bed per night and is inclusive of buffet breakfast.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/index.php?/topic/182814-Pattaya-hotels-with-age-restrictions-and-extra-joiner-fees

TERMS & RATES POLICY

Yes guest friendly

TERMS & RATES POLICY

Areca Lodge is guest friendly. The extra person they refer to is any booked in advance over and above the 2pax covered i.e. a family + older child for example.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm staying at the August Suites on my upcoming trip. Looks pretty nice and conveniently-located enough. 

I heard there is a joiner fee when you bring another person up to your room. I do plan on bringing multiple girls back on some nights (or a DD outcall) so I'm hoping it's not too big a deal. (Obviously, no one wants a scene where everybody gets tense, even for a brief moment.)

I'll be sure to update the board about how it goes down. 

EDIT; I also have a fair amount of time to cancel my booking at August Suites and find a better, more gfriendly place. If any one thinks that's a better idea, feel free to let me know. 

Edited by JDaw5

I stayed a few times in pattaya.I liked Bella villa prima. I just hated the big hotel next to alcazar cabaret on 2nd road( Sabai lodge with the bungalows). The room I had was big but smelled awful...and dark.never again, not evenfor free .

I stayed Areca Lodge last March. Nice, but a lot of work next to swimming pool. So noisy and really annoying..not able to relax at pool....

Can anyone tell me if the construction work is still there ???

flipper does NOT charge joiner fees, a very nice location and decent hotel... try to get rennovated rooms on fifth floor of B wing, they have safes in room and are much nicer/newer inside...

No joiner fees mate. I stayed there in January. Not sure on more than one girl at once though but more than one at intervals for me was fine.

Good breakfast until 1pm also and a great roof top pool.

I am a threesome kind of guy... no joiner fees at flipper lodge for an extra gal...  :)

here's my thread with the updated list (end of thread) on hotels that charge extra if you bring two gals back at the same time...  also there's a few hotels that won't allow 18 and 19 year old girls...

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/182814-pattaya-hotels-with-age-restrictions-and-extra-joiner-fees/

I'm staying at the August Suites on my upcoming trip. Looks pretty nice and conveniently-located enough. 

I heard there is a joiner fee when you bring another person up to your room. I do plan on bringing multiple girls back on some nights (or a DD outcall) so I'm hoping it's not too big a deal. (Obviously, no one wants a scene where everybody gets tense, even for a brief moment.)

As many said, there is the chance that tehy ask for a fee to bring a second or third girl with you. Sometimes they don't, it's really up to the desk staff (same with ID cards: the hotel recommends your lady(ies) deposit her/their ID(s) at reception. It is up to you whether you want to or not, noone will force you to).

But my point is that even if they ask you for a fee it will not be with a "scene". August Suites is a true monger hotel and they've seen it all. So don't worry, it's all business as usual.