Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Pattaya addicts top 14 agoda hotels

LaaMok

Will try April Suite next time. Thanks for the info. I wonder since 2011 to now April Suite will be better or worse

it's quite good, but they do charge 500 baht for a second girl...  price is great tho, even with that.  and NO, they don't provide the girl, 555!

great rooftop pool, spotlessly clean, well run...

I have the first 6 nights of my upcoming trip booked at VT6, which I really really like, and may extend there, or may go to April Suites or may go to island, or.....

Edited by daddee...

Will try April Suite next time. Thanks for the info. I wonder since 2011 to now April Suite will be better or worse

I just stayed there a couple weeks ago for my first trip and it was very nice and the location was very convenient. Would totally stay there again.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I propose we each post the price that we paid at each hotel, sort of a statistic tracking cycle of the up and down's price (and therefore demand and supply) for each month in the year for several years.

I have not stayed in a hotel for my last two trips to Pattaya so I cannot comment on them, but I have stayed in the Butchers Arms guesthouse on soi Buakhao on each occassion and I found the rooms to be good and clean with all the amenities I needed (flat screen tv, dvd, room safe etc.). Rooms serviced daily and helpful staff. Their food was good too although the thai food on the menu was priced slightly higher than other places nearby. I will probably go back there this Feb but I am open to other guesthouse recommendations in the LK Metro area. I paid roughly 800 baht per night in Butchers Arms.

Quick update - sorry for being late

Some major changes at the top - mainly due to the two most popular hotels being pretty much fully booked over Xmas and New year.

Please remember these stats are for bookings MADE in December (for the future) - not for bookings actually IN December

1. Intimate hotel by Tim Boutique - top due to some good reviews + the previous top ones being unavailable.

2. LK Renaissance

3. April Suites - stays in he top 5 whilst August Suites dropped out due to lack of capacity

4. LK The Empress

5. Sea Me Spring Too - enters for the first time - probably due to lack of availability at Page 10 although the two hotels are, in my opinion, equally good anyway.

The two noticeably missing are Page 10 and August Suites whcih frequently occupy the top two slots. Both were pretty much fuilly booked over the holiday period + August Suites added sill high prices for late booking. If you want EITHER of these hotels in the next few months I advise you book well in advance.

PLEASE NOTE

All the links in this thread go to the Pattaya Addicts Agoda account. For those of you who do not like Agoda - that is not an issue and no need to comment.

If you DO use Agoda please do so via one of these links. This will help support the forums hosting costs for which we thank you.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

hi guys, i was looking at the different hotels and noticed that 'Pattaya bay resort' is not in the list, can anyone shine a light about this? is there some hidden bad reason why people don't like to book there?

Thanks for the reviews and keep sharing, really love it!

Cheers

I almost always stay at Pattaya Bay Resort.

I almost always stay at Pattaya Bay Resort.

Isn't that the one that's balls deep in construction the past year ?

That could be the reason. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PLEASE NOTE

All the links in this thread go to the Pattaya Addicts Agoda account. For those of you who do not like Agoda - that is not an issue and no need to comment.

If you DO use Agoda please do so via one of these links. This will help support the forums hosting costs for which we thank you.

Why don't you advertise booking.com the same way as you do for Agoda. At least leave a link on each page to make it known. I used to dislike Agoda ... tried again via the links - and found Agoda slow etc etc. Finally made reservations from booking.com (via tripadvisor links). Then when I read some comment somewhere in this forum, I read up the link on booking.com. How does it matter to you whether the money comes from Agoda or booking. Maybe Agoda gives a higher commission, but newbies should know that there's an alternative. Makes business sense - doesn't it??

BTW - also post a thread for people that want to contribute in cash. I do not see why it is so difficult if you accept small amounts too. Many members would gladly give up a few beers in a week to keep the forum up and running. Does $10 count? YES... if ten people give $10 in a week. There needs to be a clear & transparent process on the collection, though - like a thread declaring how much has come in and from whom which all can see.

My First Trip Report  - A Pattaya TR from a non-Farang Perspective

ODE TO THE MONGER

F_CK. All I need is 'U'

I wont pay Bahts for the pleasure

- that I'll give back in equal measure

But next morning when the deed is done

Take your Bahts ... and be up and gone !!

last trip I stayed at LK Metro and LK Renn and both were top notch minus the water in the shower running out of hot water at peak times.

I am debating between going back to one of those or something new.

right now I am looking at LK Empress, April Suites, or tim boutique but still researching.

I been having trouble booking hotels due to the fact my company is a bunch of idiots and wait till last minute to let me go on vacation. Is Areca lodge girl friendly...no joiner fee?

You're not alone. We all work with a bunch of idiots who have no idea of how important this "vacation" is to us. All the output hinges on this reward that we get...

Reports on the net and at this forum do give the green signal to Areca. But I'm not experienced ... please wait for the advanced members to put in their views.

My First Trip Report  - A Pattaya TR from a non-Farang Perspective

ODE TO THE MONGER

F_CK. All I need is 'U'

I wont pay Bahts for the pleasure

- that I'll give back in equal measure

But next morning when the deed is done

Take your Bahts ... and be up and gone !!

Areca Lodge is a girl friendly hotel but they charge 300 baht for the second girl and they won't allow girls under 20 years old. So if you like 3some be informed about that.

Areca Lodge is a girl friendly hotel but they charge 300 baht for the second girl and they won't allow girls under 20 years old. So if you like 3some be informed about that.

Areca Lodge will late you take younger ladies if you check in together but yeah can't take ladies under 20 otherwise 

I have not stayed in a hotel for my last two trips to Pattaya so I cannot comment on them, but I have stayed in the Butchers Arms guesthouse on soi Buakhao on each occassion and I found the rooms to be good and clean with all the amenities I needed (flat screen tv, dvd, room safe etc.). Rooms serviced daily and helpful staff. Their food was good too although the thai food on the menu was priced slightly higher than other places nearby. I will probably go back there this Feb but I am open to other guesthouse recommendations in the LK Metro area. I paid roughly 800 baht per night in Butchers Arms.

are you serious?I booked butchers arms for 3 days but had to leave after 1 night because it was so noisy until 6am and killed 2 cockroaches in the room.it was high season could not find a hotel and paid 3000baht a night at lk renaissance

i haven't posted in a while, but have been coming for years now.

I stayed in the Pattaya Bay Resort my 2nd trip when it was brand new...been staying there ever since.  IMHO it is simply the best all around stay, PERIOD, especially in the off season...so many times I stay for 999B/n and get the 7th night free!!!  I skipped Pattaya last year, so not sure they still offer it, I don't see it on their website yet...and I understand there is construction, so that might be off-putting for a spell also.  But, for several years, 3 week stays, 3 times a year, it was my home away from home.

I have tried a few others for a couple days here and there for special purposes (Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort is best for a GFE and getting away from it all if you want to spend $100+/n...and I still love spending the first 2-3 nights of every stay at the Grand hotel so I can be in the thick of Walking Street and go nuts...Secrets works for this as well, both on same soi).  

I have a pretty simple tick list...I like new (or like new), super clean (i am a clean freak, 1 bug and Im checking out), strong a/c, good wifi a must, pool is great for being lazy during day, friendly staff is required, not too noisy, and no joiner fees...must be easy to WS, Central Plaza, Soi 6...and under $35/n.  The last is why nearly none of this list works for me...I would have to spend in the $50+/n range and I see no need since we are spoiled for choice.  No doubt some on the list offer good value for $$$ and meet all my other criteria, but why spend $50 when I can get what I want for $35?

I think my next step is to book into View Talay 6.  Ticks all my boxes, I have stayed there with a friend that was in town and loved it.  Just be sure to get on the WS side, not the Hilton side.  But these are awesome condos and great value for the $$$ IMHO.  And, if you book in for a month (as I intend to) it brings the price down to a decent level.

My 2 Baht, Cheers, Alex

PS. when traveling on the company dime, I get plenty of the cush afforded staying at the Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons or Hyatt Grands, etc...so I dont have the need for it when in Pattaya...I get that for some, the Pattaya trip needs the lux of a D2, Marriott, Hilton, Hard Rock, Amari, or an LK etc...and thats cool...I have been in or stayed at all these around town, they have their place...I personally just don't feel the need to drop that kinda coin on a hotel when I have better uses for it (ie GIRLS).

Edited by Alex the Hedonist

i haven't posted in a while, but have been coming for years now.

I stayed in the Pattaya Bay Resort my 2nd trip when it was brand new...been staying there ever since. IMHO it is simply the best all around stay, PERIOD, especially in the off season...so many times I stay for 999B/n and get the 7th night free!!! I skipped Pattaya last year, so not sure they still offer it, I don't see it on their website yet...and I understand there is construction, so that might be off-putting for a spell also. But, for several years, 3 week stays, 3 times a year, it was my home away from home.

I have tried a few others for a couple days here and there for special purposes (Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort is best for a GFE and getting away from it all if you want to spend $100+/n...and I still love spending the first 2-3 nights of every stay at the Grand Hotel so I can be in the thick of Walking Street and go nuts...Secrets works for this as well, both on same soi).

I have a pretty simple tick list...I like new (or like new), super clean (i am a clean freak, 1 bug and Im checking out), strong a/c, good wifi a must, pool is great for being lazy during day, friendly staff is required, not too noisy, and no joiner fees...must be easy to WS, Central Plaza, soi 6...and under $35/n. The last is why nearly none of this list works for me...I would have to spend in the $50+/n range and I see no need since we are spoiled for choice. No doubt some on the list offer good value for $$$ and meet all my other criteria, but why spend $50 when I can get what I want for $35?

I think my next step is to book into View Talay 6. Ticks all my boxes, I have stayed there with a friend that was in town and loved it. Just be sure to get on the WS side, not the Hilton side. But these are awesome condos and great value for the $$$ IMHO. And, if you book in for a month (as I intend to) it brings the price down to a decent level.

My 2 Baht, Cheers, Alex

PS. when traveling on the company dime, I get plenty of the cush afforded staying at the Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons or Hyatt Grands, etc...so I dont have the need for it when in Pattaya...I get that for some, the Pattaya trip needs the lux of a D2, Marriott, Hilton, Hard Rock, Amari, or an LK etc...and thats cool...I have been in or stayed at all these around town, they have their place...I personally just don't feel the need to drop that kinda coin on a hotel when I have better uses for it (ie GIRLS).

Nice in depth and detailed report. I'm a little bit similar when it comes to cleanliness, so I'm thinking of booking pattaya bay resort hotel. One question, do you normally book in advance, and if so, where from? Agoda? Their rates seems very high. About 1600 BHT per night, which is well above the 999 that you quote. Edited by Brenmc99

Flipper House Hotel have best price/quality rate imo.

Have you stayed at both? Or just Flipper House? I'm assuming they are both guest friendly? I've always stayed at Pattaya Bay Resort but interested in trying another hotel (mainly because of said construction). Although PBR has been just fine for me in the past...

Have you stayed at both? Or just Flipper House? I'm assuming they are both guest friendly?

Only Flipper House hotel at Soi 7 and its quest friendly, they even have own check-in desk for quests. :) Breakfast is also very good and its served till 1PM.

Nice in depth and detailed report. I'm a little bit similar when it comes to cleanliness, so I'm thinking of booking pattaya bay resort hotel. One question, do you normally book in advance, and if so, where from? Agoda? Their rates seems very high. About 1600 BHT per night, which is well above the 999 that you quote.

Thanks, I try.

For several years running, the PBR offered a 999B/n rate, plus 7th night free from May thru October.  I did not stay the summer of 2013, so they may have discontinued the promotion...but I book direct with the hotel on their website...and since the promotion isn't listed yet, I would email them and ask about it.

I think the regular rate was 1200 off season, a bit more on season.

Also it included breakfast at their rooftop cafe.  IF you sleep in or just don't want it, that would get you 100B/n off as well.

Hope that helps, Cheers, Alex

PS.  IF you are going at the end of April, check to see if your dates conflict with Songkran holiday...which if you ask me is HELL ON EARTH and you couldn't write a check big enough for me to endure the insanity of it all.  Last time I forgot to check, I ended up checking out the next day and going to Cambo for a week until the children (read immature drunken louts) were finished with their silliness.

Edited by Alex the Hedonist