Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Pattaya addicts top 14 agoda hotels

LaaMok

Great info. I just booked Areca Lodge. I was very tempted by Page 10 but went for the slightly cheaper option.

Areca Lodge has now overtaken Page 10 as the most booked hotel. I should add that these booking tend to be from March onwards i.e. well and truly into low season.

I do not mean to offend anyone but am simply reporting factual stats - we always see a sea shift away from the more expensive hotels after the end of January as visitors tend to become a little more budget conscious (NOT all obviously).

We also see a notable increase in guest house bookings and both Irish Rovers and Drunken Duck are doing well. This is likely to be symptomatic of the increased popularity of the LK Metro area as well as the cost factor.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

I am sorry but Areca Lodge is not a hotel I can recommend.Rooms are very old and AC is too loud.Location is perfect but I dont like rooms that look old

Perhaps the older wing, but the new Evergreen wing is modern and quite nice (admittedly the bathrooms are a bit old-fashioned but not old) 

Areca Lodge has now overtaken Page 10 as the most booked hotel. I should add that these booking tend to be from March onwards i.e. well and truly into low season.

I do not mean to offend anyone but am simply reporting factual stats - we always see a sea shift away from the more expensive hotels after the end of January as visitors tend to become a little more budget conscious (NOT all obviously).

We also see a notable increase in guest house bookings and both Irish Rovers and Drunken Duck are doing well. This is likely to be symptomatic of the increased popularity of the LK Metro area as well as the cost factor.

I agree with budget constraints but can it also be the influx of families into the better hotels. We want a place to enjoy ourselves with the girls, and the family invasion is really spoiling the mood. 

• 2 weeks later...
I agree with budget constraints but can it also be the influx of families into the better hotels. We want a place to enjoy ourselves with the girls, and the family invasion is really spoiling the mood. 

Fair point.

in all of pattaya cannot belive the areca is in the top 14,i stay in hotels and guess house areca is nice but im sure there are much better hotels  

I doubt very much its in the "Pattaya Top 20" mate, let alone 14. It is however the most booked hotel by FORUM members! Thats quite different.

I should add that last month for example forum members booked over 40 different hotels and the spread is actually quite marginal but Areca remains the most booked (currently) I can only report facts :)

I THINK this goes back a few years. Many BMs are old hands with many visits under their belts spanning many years. I remember years ago every forum and punter recommended Areca as the "most guest friendly" hotel. People, in the main, are creatures of habit so they continue to use it. I also think the surge in popularity of LK Metro and Soi Buakhao will have helped it.

I certainly agree with you that with the advent of more "modern" places like @Mind and Page10 (similar price ranges) it leaves something to be desired.

Areca is a fair bit cheaper than Page 10 who at high season is pretty expensive. Areca has a great location but it's not really all that special but it's good value for money. Can get a junior suit at Flipper House for the same price as deluxe in Page 10.

Top 5 changed a little over the last month, currently as follows. reports that Page10 and August Suites still hard to get December and January but some availability. August Suitesa new entry to top 5 knocking Areca Lodge out.

1. Page 10.

2. August Suites

3. LK The Empress

4. April Suites

5. LK Renaissance

One notable big climber is Dusit D2 Barraquda. This is up to 9th spot which for a 5 star with fairly high charges makes it very popular in that price bracket.

is the dusit D2 girl friendly or is there a charge

• 2 weeks later...

Update since last

1. Areca Lodge

2. August Suites

3. Page 10

4. LK The Empress

5. @Mind

Although popular with Forum members, Areca Lodge usually has good capacity. The other four are however also very popular with non forum members. Walk in or late booking at these four is hard to get for full stay duration although they may well be able to offer you part stay. Early booking at these is advisable.

Other points

August Suites has now firmly leaped about its sister hotel April Suites. Probably due to more favorable reviews on here.

@Mind continues to see the largest growth in popularity.

• 2 weeks later...

Newbie hotel question:

I'm offered a better rate direct with Page 10 hotel than currently on Agoda, but in order to reserve the room they are requesting my CC for 50% deposit.  I'm reluctant to send over e-mail.  Any suggestions.

Newbie Hotel question:

I'm offered a better rate direct with Page 10 Hotel than currently on Agoda, but in order to reserve the room they are requesting my CC for 50% deposit.  I'm reluctant to send over e-mail.  Any suggestions.

This is a little surprising but Agoda would charge you 100% anyway also. I have reported this as they are supposed to honor agreements. It could be a "window" where Agoda have little capacity so their prices go up. My (frequent) checks show Agoda cheaper 90% of the time although it changes rapidly from day to day.

Try it on Booking.com as they charge NO up front fee. If they have a reasonable price it might be worth using them.

Newbie Hotel question:

I'm offered a better rate direct with Page 10 Hotel than currently on Agoda, but in order to reserve the room they are requesting my CC for 50% deposit.  I'm reluctant to send over e-mail.  Any suggestions.

Offer them a 10% deposit and see what they say - knowing the hotel very well I see no problem with them having my details

Eventually any hotel will have a copy of your card and passport anyway

How have folks found the noise due to construction around the Areca?  Stayed at Areca in January and heard constant construction.  It was audible over the aircon and imagine it will only get worse.  Wondering if the noise continues and if it has reached other spots in the LK area.

• 4 weeks later...

My last two trips i stayed in inn house (soi 13). Friendly staff and good atmosphere (i stayed in deluxe room). Quiet street and close to all entertainment. For my next trip booked Areca because of outdoor pool and nice review's on booking.

I have stayed twice at Sabai Lodge in Soi 2. I stayed in the Large Pool Building A, ground floor, because it was spacious, and had a bathtub, which I prefer. (The ladies liked it too.) Each room at that end has a private covered terrace, a view of the garden, and a large pool beyond. There are other pools in the complex, I believe. 

It's an easy walk down to the Beach Road (corner with the A-One Hotel), and is easily accessed from the baht buses along Second Road. You get off at Sabai Dee massage Palace, (which is well worth a visit), and stroll down the hill. You pass several open-air bars on the left, some with live music, and on the right You'll see Lek's Classroom 2 Agogo, with good old pop music and some beautiful "schoolgirls". Give my love to Tay, if you see her! Next Door is the Honey Pot Coyote Bar with a very good live band, where the girls dance on the windowsills to attract the passing punters. Joy is raunchy, and will make you feel so-o-o Joyful !

Out of the latest top 5 the only one with a week's vacancy for later this month was Page 10. More than I normally pay for a hotel in Patts, at $106++ but PattayaBayR is no longer on my list whilst they are building next door.

Full report after my trip.

Out of the latest top 5 the only one with a week's vacancy for later this month was Page 10. More than I normally pay for a hotel in Patts, at $106++ but PattayaBayR is no longer on my list whilst they are building next door.

Full report after my trip.

This is an "issue" that people often forget bro. Many times we read "you can just turn up and walk in" - this is true but even in low season the most popular hotels always fill first.

In addition - yes its low season, yes the bars are emptier (than normal) but the visitor numbers to Pattaya are very much UP, albeit non bar types, and rooms are certainly harder to come by now than they have been at any time in the past.

YES you CAN just turn up, YES you will always find a room - but if you want your first choice there is a greater need now to book in advance if you can.

Its about time i updated this. Last 30 days most popular bookings (in Pattaya) have been

April Suites - back to the top by a LONG way, not sure why.

Baywalk Residence - new comer to the list, again not sure why

Page 10

LK Metropole - overtaking Renaissance and Royal Suites for the first time in a while. This is due to the others being full mainly.

Sunshine hotel and residences.

Have to say there seems little obvious logic to the big changes. I would guess its because I am using too short a time frame, although Squids comments about many being full, especially August Suites, will also affect it, but there you have it.

How have folks found the noise due to construction around the Areca?  Stayed at Areca in January and heard constant construction.  It was audible over the aircon and imagine it will only get worse.  Wondering if the noise continues and if it has reached other spots in the LK area.

Stayed at the areca building for 15 nights at a deluxe room facing the swimming pool and there was no noise especially with the air con on the only thing you hear is that! Also stayed for two nights at the evergreen building again facing away from the construction site and towards the little soi opposite and no noise there either.

I would think people on this site only recommend hotels without joiner fees. Don't like reading a whole page only to find out this hotel has joiner fees. I don't support such hotels and neither should you.

First of all you should find out re: joiner fee prior to booking, but if you forgot to and they tell you to pay make sure you check out as soon as possible and don't forget to tell them why.

just came back from a 12 day trip and i jumped around 3 hotels to see which was the better one . here is my shortened review of the 3 and the others i have stayed at so far

firstly  like some comfort so these are probably on the high end of the price bracket , but i like some peace and quiet during the day and like to sit by the pool with my TGF of the trip .

i stayed at the Lk empress last year and it was great , central and in the middle of the action but had no real escape from the crazyness of beach road with a poor gym and a small pool area on the 1st floor of the hotel and the restaurant was hot as hell even under the fans but all in all very comfortable and nicely appointed

this year i thought i'd try the amari at the north end of beach road and it was truly a great hotel with amazing pools and gardens , great to chill out during the day and ...  the cutest reception girls (whome i took out one night) , but it had 2 glitches : 1 they allowed you to take girls up to the room without extra charge but on the 3de night i took a different girl to the hotel and now they wanted to charge 1000 baht because it was a different guest WTF !! well alittle embarrasing but after a quick chat they allowed her up with no charge but i have no doubt they would have charged me if i had brought home a third on a different night

the second glitch is the location , not a big deal if you're willing to walk in the heat but i felt it was all a little bit too far from where i wanted to be and if i wanted to wander around during the day . all in all though a great hotel

then i moved closer to the action ..

i wanted to try out LK Metro and be in the thick of things so i moved to LK renaissance . ideally i would have preferred metropole but it was full . while this hotel was fine with nice rooms the pool area was terrible with pool service only until 2 PM and very small , no gym and unless you had a room at the back it was terribly noisy. the plus side was the central location and i could really just get out and walk about with good beer bars and some decent go go 's just up the street , great if you're alone but when i had a girl with me for the day there was'nt anywhere to just go and relax .

Then i found the perfect compromise and i will book there next trip .

the Marriott hotel was central nice pools and gardens and felt secluded but right in the centre of things and easy to walk about with direct acess to a nice shopping centre with a great food court on the roof ( sorry i forget the name ) the room had a great view of the bay , food was great and lounging by the pool during the day was a pleasure . hope this helps in the thick of finding a hotel .... SAD to be back home now 2 months to go LOL

just came back from a 12 day trip and i jumped around 3 hotels to see which was the better one . here is my shortened review of the 3 and the others i have stayed at so far

firstly  like some comfort so these are probably on the high end of the price bracket , but i like some peace and quiet during the day and like to sit by the pool with my TGF of the trip .

i stayed at the Lk empress last year and it was great , central and in the middle of the action but had no real escape from the crazyness of beach road with a poor gym and a small pool area on the 1st floor of the hotel and the restaurant was hot as hell even under the fans but all in all very comfortable and nicely appointed

this year i thought i'd try the amari at the north end of beach road and it was truly a great hotel with amazing pools and gardens , great to chill out during the day and ...  the cutest reception girls (whome i took out one night) , but it had 2 glitches : 1 they allowed you to take girls up to the room without extra charge but on the 3de night i took a different girl to the hotel and now they wanted to charge 1000 baht because it was a different guest WTF !! well alittle embarrasing but after a quick chat they allowed her up with no charge but i have no doubt they would have charged me if i had brought home a third on a different night

the second glitch is the location , not a big deal if you're willing to walk in the heat but i felt it was all a little bit too far from where i wanted to be and if i wanted to wander around during the day . all in all though a great hotel

then i moved closer to the action ..

i wanted to try out lk metro and be in the thick of things so i moved to LK renaissance . ideally i would have preferred metropole but it was full . while this hotel was fine with nice rooms the pool area was terrible with pool service only until 2 PM and very small , no gym and unless you had a room at the back it was terribly noisy. the plus side was the central location and i could really just get out and walk about with good beer bars and some decent go go 's just up the street , great if you're alone but when i had a girl with me for the day there was'nt anywhere to just go and relax .

Then i found the perfect compromise and i will book there next trip .

the Marriott hotel was central nice pools and gardens and felt secluded but right in the centre of things and easy to walk about with direct acess to a nice shopping centre with a great food court on the roof ( sorry i forget the name ) the room had a great view of the bay , food was great and lounging by the pool during the day was a pleasure . hope this helps in the thick of finding a hotel .... SAD to be back home now 2 months to go LOL

Grwat report mate. Thanks for sharing. What about LK Ren joiner policy? Did you experience any problem with them?

I will take 2 different girl for ST. Is it applicable or do they charge for 2nd girl.

GT-I9300 cihazımdan Tapatalk 2 ile gönderildi