IGNORED

what is your camera

mmm606

Obviously I am not commenting on the case where you need a large card if you want to shoot a long video sequence in one go or not want to change cards. It is better to get a few smaller cards than one larger one. The reason is that if the large one corrupts you stand to loose everything. Memory cards are quite cheap if you buy them on the internet (eg Fleebay).

Hmm... sounds like a good idea, Thanks!

Maybe I should have 2 cards... one 32 Gb for video only,

and the 16 Gb for stills.

It's pretty fast to change the cards on the go I've noticed.

What he said. Best to have 3 or more memory card so you can have one dedicated to touristry stuff to show family and airport security check maybe back home, then one dedicated to the sexy ;)

I made 5 HDMI 1080p videos on my D5100 with a 16Gb I think there is a 20 min limit on video length regardless of sd card size. And still has place for photos.

At night yes I tend to use my smartphone, trying to change that and use the DSLR maybe in night mode or with lot of flash

Usually my pictures are quite tame and no nudity, so I don't think I'll need a special card for the sexy bits!

Maximum size for individual movie files is 4 Gb, with a max length of 10 min/20 min depending on the movie quality and frame rate.

My Sony Videocam has only 16 Gb storage, but I usually fill it up 3-4 times during my 5 month holiday .

I'll usually not film that much every day so it's easy to empty the card to my computer and portable hard disk at the end of the day anyway, but still feels safer to have at least a 32 Gb just in case I encounter some show or other lengthy stuff that needs longer filming !

The Nikon D5300 has a better frame rate of 50/60 frames per second in Full HD video, compared to my Sony Videocam that only uses 25 frames per second, so I will try and see if it can replace my old videocam as well.

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

I presently have a 2008 Lumix TZ5 which i am pleased with but had to have the zoom repaired and thought I would upgrade.

I got my daughter to buy the Lumix TZ35 in Currys' sale in Aberdeen for £129 and a friend is bringing it out. It is more or less the same as the TZ40 but without GPS, Wifi and other gimmicks which i dont need.

Lumix TZ35.jpg

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

• 4 weeks later...

Cannon t4i with a tamron 18-55 2.8

Cheap and if it gets stolen/lost your not $$$ down the drain. Takes excellent pictures

$600-700

For me, after years of lugging around EOS SLR's on long trips, I have slowly downsized, to Canon G11, to G1X and now to a Sony RX100, purely based on the size of sensors now available in some small compacts. 

The Sony's menu is just about the only thing that can take away from a really great camera, that can be pocketed at all times. I really like it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a canon 450d. Old dslr now worth couple hundred bucks max now but I have some nice lenses.

70-200 f/4L and sigma 10-20mm F/4.

Planning on buying a 50mm F/1.4usm to use on my first trip over though.

I'm using a Canon 650D with very good glass (24-70mm F/2.8 L and 70-200mm F/2.8 L) and a 430EX flash. Hopefully I'll be able to update the body soon to 5D MKIII.

If I want to go lighter, I can always fall back on my Sony RX100 for quality or HX50V for versatility

canon 5d mkiii with 24-105 f4l, purchased in Singapore, for 5200 sing$ = roughly 130.000 thb

Canon ef 16-35 f2.8 ii, purchased in bangkok. 53.000 thb

Canon ef 70-200 f2.8L is ii. 72000thb in Camera Big, central festival.

Got a EX 600RT, and a EX320 flash as well. I think the 600 was around 23.000 the in tukcom

Not so much to save on high end lenses in thailand, for those who wants to know.

Saved a bit on my 5diii+24-105L in singapore, but that was a grey market model. Still good price, as it was just out when i got it. Never had any issues with it.

I have heard that Camera big is a well trusted branch for photo equipment in Thailand.

Remember, warranties are not global.

• 2 weeks later...

I have now off loaded all my FF Nikon kit including D4/D800/D3S in favour of something smaller in the Fujifilm X-Pro 1's with 14mm, 23mm, 35mm, 56mm, 60mm & 18-55mm zoom.

Outstanding image quality straight out of the camera and I am enjoying my photography again....

IMG 0347w

• 2 weeks later...

Just upgraded my Panasonic Lumix GF-5 to the new GM-1.  Smallest M4/3 on the market.  The camera with my 14mm pancake lens weighs about as much as my cellphone, fits in my pocket and the new sensor and engine are amazing.  Has a night handheld function, takes 6 shutters and puts them together to make a photo.

P1010045.JPGP1010037.JPGP1010036.JPGP1010035.JPGP1010024.JPGP1010020.JPG

• 1 month later...

OM-D with nearly all the primes available for the system.

X100S

• 2 weeks later...

Sony Nex 5R

Loving it. Thinking of selling it and upgrade to a Sony Nex 7

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 :GoldenSmile1:

But the missus has a Canon EOS 1100D (I think?), bought it two years ago in Pattaya for about 16000 Baht. So far no problems, makes nice pictures. I bought her a bigger lens and some filters once when I was on a trip in Singapore.

I have now off loaded all my FF Nikon kit including D4/D800/D3S in favour of something smaller in the Fujifilm X-Pro 1's with 14mm, 23mm, 35mm, 56mm, 60mm & 18-55mm zoom.

Outstanding image quality straight out of the camera and I am enjoying my photography again....

Great kit.  Yesterday, I had a chance to play around with a Fujifilm XT-1 and t is sweet!  Definitely my next big purchase.

Love my Nikon D40 brought it from England with a 18-200 Nikon zoom a 18-105 zoom and a  Sigma 10-20 and kit lens I don't use much , very happy from day one with this kit,

In fact I have two more brand new Nikon D40 's as well never used ,I bought as back up in case the original broke down ,( it didn't though ,) when I became a Philippines ex pat but never had to open the boxes , have some Fuji compacts for the times I don't take the Nikon the lovely Fuji F30 and F200 do a very good job , low light especially ..

I just bought a Sony DSC RX 100 M2, picture quality and especially videos looks good. Not yet learned to use it with a best way but going to do that.

I presently have a 2008 Lumix TZ5 which i am pleased with but had to have the zoom repaired and thought I would upgrade.

I got my daughter to buy the Lumix TZ35 in Currys' sale in Aberdeen for £129 and a friend is bringing it out. It is more or less the same as the TZ40 but without GPS, Wifi and other gimmicks which i dont need.

attachicon.gifLumix TZ35.jpg

I did not particularly want a 20 x Zoom but here are two pics i took today, hand held. Originals 5.2MB reduced for posting.

I am disappointed that with 8 pages of posting, very few people post examples to show what their camera can do , especially pics of Thai girls.

Scenes 30.5 003_1200x800.jpg

Scenes 30.5 008_1200x800.jpg

I did not particularly want a 20 x Zoom but here are two pics i took today, hand held. Originals 5.2MB reduced for posting.

I am disappointed that with 8 pages of posting, very few people post examples to show what their camera can do , especially pics of Thai girls.

attachicon.gifScenes 30.5 003_1200x800.jpg

attachicon.gifScenes 30.5 008_1200x800.jpg

Maybe because this thread is about 'what is your camera'  ... :WinkGrin1: ... but my Canon Eos 5D

is very capable of making nice pics of Thai girls ... or Cambo girls 555 .

IMG_9092-2_resize.jpg

IMG_9128_resize.JPG

Raw00359-2.jpg

Raw00115-3.jpg

Raw00372-2.jpg

Raw00391-3.jpg

attachicon.gifScenes 30.5 003_1200x800.jpg

attachicon.gifScenes 30.5 008_1200x800.jpg

Maybe because this thread is about 'what is your camera'  ... :WinkGrin1: ... but my Canon Eos 5D

is very capable of making nice pics of Thai girls ... or Cambo girls 555 .

attachicon.gifIMG_9092-2_resize.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_9128_resize.JPG

attachicon.gifRaw00359-2.jpg

attachicon.gifRaw00115-3.jpg

attachicon.gifRaw00372-2.jpg

attachicon.gifRaw00391-3.jpg

I and probably a few others was interested in buying a new camera and thought this topic could be helpful.. I would be more inclined to accept an opinion on a "great image quality" camera, if the person enclosed some samples.

I and probably a few others was interested in buying a new camera and thought this topic could be helpful.. I would be more inclined to accept an opinion on a "great image quality" camera, if the person enclosed some samples.

I understand Billyboy . I have been selling cameras for 25 years and have come to the conclusion that in 95%

of the cases it's the person behind the viewfinder who makes a camera 'a great image quality' camera .  

I have sold 5000U$ cameras to guys who where raving about the quality and when i saw some of their pics i

was sure my (ex)wife would do better with her 200U$ Ixus .

I understand Billyboy . I have been selling cameras for 25 years and have come to the conclusion that in 95%

of the cases it's the person behind the viewfinder who makes a camera 'a great image quality' camera .  

I have sold 5000U$ cameras to guys who where raving about the quality and when i saw some of their pics i

was sure my (ex)wife would do better with her 200U$ Ixus .

I suspect the percentage may be even higher. It's the person behind the camera that makes all the difference. Just buying the same type of body that someone else uses is not going to have your photos turn out as good.

I suspect the percentage may be even higher. It's the person behind the camera that makes all the difference. Just buying the same type of body that someone else uses is not going to have your photos turn out as good.

Absolutely true that it is the person behind the camera and not the camera.  DigitalReview TV has a great series called Pro Photographer, Cheap Camera.  Here is one of the videos:

Edited by altec123

My  best pics (of Thai girls) were taken with a 2003 Sony W1 5 megapix and 3 x zoom. I would buy another one but now not available.