Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

what is your camera

mmm606

Canon 350D & GoPro Black edition 

Recently on a trip I made to Samui/Krabi/Penang noticed many Chinese tourists all using very large DSLRs, big Nikons & Canons with huge zooms. Made me wonder why they prefer traveling with such large heavy cameras when they could use a quality pocket size camera, like the Fujifilm XF1 that I was using. I also saw these Chinese standing in sea-spray on the beaches at Krabi. The lenses of my glasses were covered in salty sea-spray after standing a minute on those beaches, so I hope those Chinese tourists remembered to give their large expensive cameras a good cleaning back in their rooms.

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

NIkon D7000 + 18-105 lens ket and nikon 55-300...Awesome camera.....

cheers

mm

Recently on a trip I made to Samui/Krabi/Penang noticed many Chinese tourists all using very large DSLRs, big Nikons & Canons with huge zooms. Made me wonder why they prefer traveling with such large heavy cameras when they could use a quality pocket size camera, like the Fujifilm XF1 that I was using. I also saw these Chinese standing in sea-spray on the beaches at Krabi. The lenses of my glasses were covered in salty sea-spray after standing a minute on those beaches, so I hope those Chinese tourists remembered to give their large expensive cameras a good cleaning back in their rooms.

Same with the Russians, men and women

Edited by Billyboy294

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

Same with the Russians, men and women

I think it's mostly a status symbol to them, walking around with a big camera on their bellies to show off their newfound wealth!

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

• 1 month later...

Dumped all my pro Nikon kit, D4, D3X for 2x Fuji X-Pro1s and an X100S best decision I have made in ages.

Dumped all my pro Nikon kit, D4, D3X for 2x Fuji X-Pro1s and an X100S best decision I have made in ages.

Fuji are putting out real nice cameras, love the retro look of many new models, I have the smaller XF1 and more than pleased with IQ & colors. It's not a fast camera by any means but nice for travel, doing street scenes or landscapes, and fits in a pocket.

Fuji are putting out real nice cameras, love the retro look of many new models, I have the smaller XF1 and more than pleased with IQ & colors. It's not a fast camera by any means but nice for travel, doing street scenes or landscapes, and fits in a pocket.

So is it no good for taking photos of Thai girls in your room?

So is it no good for taking photos of Thai girls in your room?

Forgive me for leaving that out...how could I forget to mention that???...lol

Yes, it's great for photographing TGs in my loom...lovely warm skin tones and razor sharp images, you can clearly see the individual hairs in their pubes.

Forgive me for leaving that out...how could I forget to mention that???...lol

Yes, it's great for photographing TGs in my loom...lovely warm skin tones and razor sharp images, you can clearly see the individual hairs in their pubes.

I'll believe it when i see it.

Some samples please , but all in the best possible taste.

Edited by Billyboy294

I'll believe it when i see it.

Some samples please , but all in the best possible taste.

Thy Will Be Done...soon

Thy Will Be Done...soon

I have just had a look at some reviews. Mostly good. Main complaint is switching on and off by fiddling with the lens and changing the zoom manually.

Also the popup flash is tiny. I am not in favour of popup flashes as they could have got a built- in Flash twice the size in the same space. So I would expect as with most compact cameras these days that the flash is only good for head and shoulders and no good for full length shots indoors.

I would have thought that most people buy a camera to take photos of their family and friends but the samples in most reviews are of buildings and flowers.

I got the X100s last year, absolutely love it. Now consider gradually retiring the 5D mk II with heavy 24-70, and getting an XE-2 with a 14 mm, to use next to my X109s and my Sony NEX 5N with the 50 mm. Three small cameras with fast fixed lens, instead of one heavy one.

I sometimes go out with only the X100s, fixed 35 mm equivalent, good discipline, trains your eye to see with that perspective..

My little Panasonic Lumix GM-1 with a small form 14-44mm zoom did a great job.  Fits in my pocket, takes great low light photos and is as light as my cellphone.  I also brought a 14mm pancake that is my goto, it has a 28mm equalivant, 2.5 ff and is a great walkabout lens...

I have just had a look at some reviews. Mostly good. Main complaint is switching on and off by fiddling with the lens and changing the zoom manually.

Also the popup flash is tiny. I am not in favour of popup flashes as they could have got a built- in Flash twice the size in the same space. So I would expect as with most compact cameras these days that the flash is only good for head and shoulders and no good for .

I would have thought that most people buy a camera to take photos of their family and friends but the samples in most reviews are of buildings and flowers.

When I got it I was looking for best IQ and fastest aperture in smallest size, so this model satisfied those requirements. f1.8 ap is real nice, I found using zoom is not really necessary, better results from cropping on laptop later. Yeah, flash is a bit weak, OK for daytime fill, that's about it. I have several cameras so I'd use another for full length shots indoors. But for quality travel shots I love this little Fuji.

Can't be arsed changing lenses all the time, so got myself a Sony RX10 when the price dropped under 1k USD recently.  Great travel camera.

I bought a Lumix TZ35 (16megapix and 20 x zoom) a few months ago and while the zoom is quite useful (pic enclosed) I find the photos indoors do not seem any better (possibly not as good) than  my 2008 TZ5 (12 megapix)

Scenes 30.5 003_1350x900.jpg

Surprising how you can see the crossed cables linking  two  paraschutes

I bought a Lumix TZ35 (16megapix and 20 x zoom) a few months ago and while the zoom is quite useful (pic enclosed) I find the photos indoors do not seem any better (possibly not as good) than  my 2008 TZ5 (12 megapix)

attachicon.gifScenes 30.5 003_1350x900.jpg

Surprising how you can see the crossed cables linking  two  paraschutes

I bought a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ30 about 10 years ago, hardly use it as it's a bit heavy to carry around, but IQ is very good. I was told back with the early Lumix models Leica made the lenses, then it switched to Pana making the lenses with Leica badge.

I bought a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ30 about 10 years ago, hardly use it as it's a bit heavy to carry around, but IQ is very good. I was told back with the early Lumix models Leica made the lenses, then it switched to Pana making the lenses with Leica badge.

I also have a FZ50 ... great for landscapes and sports, not so clever for portraits and pretty crap in low light, IMHO.

That's how it always has been ... Panasonic bought the Leica brand name   

and used the Leica knowledge to design lenses but never one single 'real'

Leica lens has been fitted into a Panasonic camera . 

The same trick was done by Sony with Zeiss lenses . 

That's how it always has been ... Panasonic bought the Leica brand name   

and used the Leica knowledge to design lenses but never one single 'real'

Leica lens has been fitted into a Panasonic camera . 

The same trick was done by Sony with Zeiss lenses . 

What's your opinion of Leica today Jerry? Are they still worth the price in your opinion?

Also the popup flash is tiny. I am not in favour of popup flashes as they could have got a built- in Flash twice the size in the same space. So I would expect as with most compact cameras these days that the flash is only good for head and shoulders and no good for full length shots indoors.

They use pop up flashes to try to move it away from the lens to try to stop red eye.

Also with a pop up flash you can control it’s exposure from -2 to +2 ,on most cameras,some models are different,and that makes it easy to define the amount of light to use. This works together with aperture and speed to get the right exposure.

Also you can try to diffuse the light some way with a pop up flash,so it is not so harsh on subject.

The problem with the pop-up flash is that it's a small, directional point of light, aiming directly at the subject. This gives harsh shadows behind the subject and makes the photo generally unflattering.

One thing to remember to make things easier is that… the shutter speed controls the ambient light and the aperture controls the flash light. If you keep this in mind it’ll spare your for a lot of trouble, either with the built-in flash or any external flash. In fact, it’s as simple as that. And that means, to put it in a simple way, that once you’ve got the right amount of light to the flash, you just have to change the speed in order to get a balance between the ambient and flash lights. And from there you can define precisely the relation between main light source and fill-in and many other things.

Using your pop up flash as fill flash outdoors can help as well.

My youtube channel .....https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxoT31MMwxjrLmj6um_BnlA

2 Weeks in Jomtien trip report, photo heavy and videos.....  http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/307477-big-g-returns-2-weeks-in-november-photo-heavy-and-some-videos/

First trip report,more then 500 images.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/177415-small-trip-reportbut-heaps-of-photos500-plus/

What's your opinion of Leica today Jerry? Are they still worth the price in your opinion?

Everything under 2000$ with the Leica brand name on it is made by Panasonic . 

The M serie is made by Leica (only the lenses , the electronics are Panasonic

of course) but is IMO a joke at prices between 5 and 7k U$ .  

In the days of conventional photography Leica produced their own cameras

and lenses and could make a difference with mainly high quality precision

optics .  

Now a days the quality comes from the right sensor , electronics , software and

less from the optics .

For example : i bought a cheap second hand 18-55 Canon (35 euro) last week

for my daughters Canon 40D and was surprised by the quality .